gen 4 filter intake issue

mikerae

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i was at my dealer the other day and was told that there is issues with the KN replacement filter in a stock 2010viper, they said that they had issues and they were not sealing properly and dirt was getting in, any idea on this issue.

Steve M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For many applications (at least the ones I've seen), the K&N filters come with a gasket that must be used to help them seal to the factory air box. I wouldn't really trust one on a Gen IV anyway since they use a MAF sensor...if the oil from the filter gets on the wires, it can cause issues.

MI Viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I put a K+N P/N: 33-2432 in my car 09 SRT-10 Vert' about 400 miles ago, (Called and Talked with K+N Engineering before I bought) and have had 0 issues. Heard about K+N throwing codes and other issues, hence the call to K+N before I bought and installed. Installed with no problems, and seal looks fine. In fact I run K+N on all my Hi-perf. motors, (06 Power stroke, Twin Mercury Racing 600SCI Blower motors in our Big boat, and now the Snake). Just thought I'd post my personal experience. If something changes, Codes or lights, I will update this thread.
Merry X-mas everyone

Last edited:

thebigjones

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No issues with the K&N panel filter on my 2008 SRT-10 Coupe. In fact, I've never had a check engine issue with a K&N system or filter, and I've had several applications.