7500 RPM Viper Engines with BBG Comp-R G4 Cylinder Heads

BAD BOYZZ GARAGE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My company Bad Boyzz Garage was recently contracted to build a set of our Viper G4 Comp-R Race Cylinder Heads and Intake Manifold for a high end engine project at Arrow Racing Engines facility. After several rounds of phone consultations the client gave us the go ahead to order in a new set of cylinder heads and intake manifold to race port and custom machine to our new R-Spec. High lift roller camshaft, 12:1 compression ratio and a 7500+ rpm range was exactly what the doctor ordered, so we went to work with a set of our new Viper high temperature exhaust valves, double row polished valve springs and viton valve guide seals to maintain the integrity of valve geometry and stabilty at the new rpm ranges that these High-Output (H.O) massive Viper V-10's are now achieving..!

Stay tuned for our New Evolution-R Series Viper Gen 5 Full Race Merge Headers, Gen 5 Race Clutch Kits, Viper HRB Slave Cylinder Assemblies and Oil Seperator Catch Can Breather Kits ready for sale soon for the Track or Performance Street upgrade.!

Here's a few photos of our BBG G4 Comp-R Cylinder Heads and a peek at our machining process with much more photos to follow... If your interested in a set for your Viper's engine build, please feel free to give us a call to discuss your application.

(Set-up is critical when deck milling the face of our Viper Comp-R cylinder heads. We use a Sunnen DCM Mill with a 2 cutter head configuration to ensure flatness of the cylinder heads deck and to achieve our correct AR finishes.)

(R2D-2 our nickname for the Sunnen DCM.. :) )

(BBG Viper G4 Comp-R Race Clyinder Heads - Finished machined product, ready for valve train components to be installed and set to our specs.)

(BBG Comp-R Intake Runner)

(BBG Comp-R Exhaust Port)

BAD BOYZZ GARAGE
Toddy Gomez
(916) 505-9026
[email protected]

=DISTRIBUTORS OF POWER=:usa:

Last edited:

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd be more interested to know how you are reaching 7,500 rpm with a Viper engine? I'd be happy if my Gen 3 could spin to 7,000 rpm.

By the way, your BBG clutch held up to my 1,000 ft-lbs and 1,000 rwhp all weekend, it works excellent.

Tony

OP
OP
B

BAD BOYZZ GARAGE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What dry sump setup?
Wet sump..

Nice job. Any kinhd of numbers increases that you are expecting to make out of this?

We'll let the client post all of his results.. But should be one wicked torque monster..!

That is a lot of weight to spin that fast. Nice job, I cant wait for a sound clip of that thing.

I'm curious as well if a Dyno Video is in the making...:D

I'd be more interested to know how you are reaching 7,500 rpm with a Viper engine? I'd be happy if my Gen 3 could spin to 7,000 rpm.

By the way, your BBG clutch held up to my 1,000 ft-lbs and 1,000 rwhp all weekend, it works excellent.

Tony

All forged bottom end and a Wild Roller Camshaft..! That's all I can say and I'm sure our client will be updating us all when his build is completed. Glad your diggin your clutch kit, it's rock solid and I appreciate you running our product!

BAD BOYZZ GARAGE
Toddy Gomez
(916) 505-9026
[email protected]

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

BAD BOYZZ GARAGE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's a few more photo's as promised of our Viper G4 Comp-R Race Cylinder Heads. Custom machined to install our New High Lift Polished Double Row Valve Spring Kit.. along with New High Temperature Exhaust Valves.. Our Viper G4 cylinder head and intake manifold program is highly developed and produce unmatched performance through out the entire rpm range of the massive V-10. Our goal has always been to produce maximum "repeatable" performance for Viper owner's who run our products and have come to expect the highest quality levels from BBG.

Stay tuned more photo's to come..!

(Custom spring cups, Viton seals, Polished double row springs, Custom retainers and Viper beaded keepers installed)

(BBG Viper G4 Comp-R Race Cylinder Heads)

BAD BOYZZ GARAGE
Toddy Gomez
(916) 505-9026
[email protected]

OP
OP
B

BAD BOYZZ GARAGE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gentlemen,

Here's a peak at our New BBG "Ultra Lightweight" Viper 7.25" Triple Disc Race Clutch Kit (ALMS Viper GTS-R Inspired) that's now avalible for your Track Snake..! Our Assault Weapon triple disc kits are made to fit Gen 5, 4 Vipers and Gen 3 Competition Coupes along with our fully adjustable HRB slave cylinder kits. Easier pedal action than our competitors, puck style design for smooth engagement and heat dissipation, .130 thick metallic friction discs for longevity and our 8 rivet orbital steel alloy hub design to handle the 1300 ft/lb torque rating. Severe duty to get the job done.!

I show you our clutch kit because it's the perfect application for these full race high reving / high horse power Viper engines that are being built to dominate next years race season. We realized the need of a high qualty solution for Viper race cars, that's why we made the investment in R&D to produce a new clutch kit.

Mopar J-Tec and Motec compatible.. Please feel free to give me a call for details and to discuss your application.

Thanks,

BAD BOYZZ GARAGE
Toddy Gomez
(916) 505-9026
[email protected]

(BBG Assault Weapon 7.25" Triple Disc Viper Race Clutch Kit)

Last edited:

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Toddy.

Kind of a shame that all these beautiful parts will be covered up when installed.

Really a nice, high end, build.

Your timing is great. With the factory Vipers leading the charge, lots of Vipers will be showing up at road racing tracks all over the world.

Technology such as this will will provide the winning edge for these big engines.

Dan Cragin

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Gen 4 Viper motors can see 7500rpm and live. We see it in the Drag Pack cars all the time.

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Toddy
I don't talk to you for a month and you have a whole new arsenal.....

FWIW...
I have been using BBGs clutch/flywheel race set up for a year now. I LOVE IT..!!!
I use it in my dedicated track car. The clutch has operated in hot, track conditions and has operated flawlessly.
The "bite' is always there.

The biggest positive change is how quickly the engine revs up and down.

I have data/video from Road America of my car, and some track buddies ACRXs, on the front straight. My car was gaining RPMs and MPH much quicker in all segments of the straight. It was much quicker to respond going into, and especially coming out of the corners.
(BTW These guys all have new clutches now on order (4 of them) from Toddy after we compared the data...)

The data was recorded and compared on RACEKEEPER data systems....

It is, what it is....:dunno:

*** I do want to add that I also had my heads and intake done by BBG. That produced some significant gains also. Especially in the top end.
I have video to back this up also.....:headbang:

GREAT WORK TODDY!!! Keep up the good work...!

And a 7500 RPM engine, who would do something like that...?

:D

Last edited:

Paolo Castellano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Toddy, are you suggesting that you are providing the technical expertise for Arrow Racing Engines to R&D how to get more power out of a set of Gen 4 cylinder heads?

Or are you just having a local head porter do some work to a set of Gen 4 cylinder heads and bolting them onto a motor purchased from Arrow?

Shandon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:D:D:D
Wow Toddy!! That work looks BAD *** man!! Thank You and you have been an absolute professional to work with on this.
Im not going to elaborate on this build too much (yet) as it's going into my track/race car. As this build progresses I will keep yall up to date probably in a seperate thread. Toddy at BBG and Tod at Aarow racing know there stuff and when this is done Im hoping to show some exciting numbers but most importantly for me lower lap times.

OP
OP
B

BAD BOYZZ GARAGE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So you wouldn't recommend a dry sump setup for someone wanting to spin their car to 7500rpm?
Not my call, I'm providing the cylinder head & intake service, but obviously dry sump has advantages..

Toddy, are you suggesting that you are providing the technical expertise for Arrow Racing Engines to R&D how to get more power out of a set of Gen 4 cylinder heads?

Or are you just having a local head porter do some work to a set of Gen 4 cylinder heads and bolting them onto a motor purchased from Arrow?

I'm not suggesting anything.., Arrow Racing's building and tuning a forged Viper race engine for our mutual client and we've been contracted to build a set of our BBG Comp-R race cylinder heads and intake manifold. All of our G4 cylinder head & intake manifold technology is developed inhouse and we're honored to have our Comp-R package being installed on this build.. By the way, the guys that will be bolting the cylinder heads onto the block will be the engineers at Arrow Racing Engines, so we did our best re-working the heads and intake mainfold to produce solid HP/TRQ gains...

BAD BOYZZ GARAGE
Toddy Gomez
(916) 505-9026
[email protected]

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

BAD BOYZZ GARAGE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow Toddy!! That work looks BAD *** man!! Thank You and you have been an absolute professional to work with on this.
Im not going to elaborate on this build too much (yet) as it's going into my track/race car. As this build progresses I will keep yall up to date probably in a seperate thread. Toddy at BBG and Tod at Aarow racing know there stuff and when this is done Im hoping to show some exciting numbers but most importantly for me lower lap times.

Shandon,

It's been a pleasure working with you and I can't thank you enough for the opportunity to be part of your race engine build..:2tu:!

Toddy

BAD BOYZZ GARAGE
Toddy Gomez
(916) 505-9026
[email protected]

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Is this the same GEN 3 track car you were driving at Mid Ohio and the car in your avatar?

So you are converting a Gen3 to Gen 4 powertrain?

Shandon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Treesnake :) Same car Yes. Lets say...... Sorta kinda Gen4ish but not. Big compresion race fuel only and all N/A. Working with Aarow and BBG on this. Tired of seeing a blue AcrX blow by my doors.. :)

ssjcreeper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The heads and flywheel pics are pure ****. This should be one sick N/A build! Can't wait to see the numbers.

OP
OP
B

BAD BOYZZ GARAGE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Toddy.

Kind of a shame that all these beautiful parts will be covered up when installed.

Really a nice, high end, build.

Your timing is great. With the factory Vipers leading the charge, lots of Vipers will be showing up at road racing tracks all over the world.

Technology such as this will will provide the winning edge for these big engines.

Paul,

Thanks for making the point of new technology to keep up with the other manufacter's racing programs, or as you wrote "Factory Vipers leading the charge". I'm a true Viper die hard as many of us are and have always believed that the Viper is viewed as a danger to the competition (GM, Porsche, Austin Martin, Ferarri, Audi, Lambo, Ford ect..) when prepped with all the right stuff. This is why my company Bad Boyzz Garage is always improving on our product line by thinking out of the box and building performance parts that are truly engineered for Viper., not chevy, ford or import parts modified to fit Viper. As a Speed Shop owner I've had many conversations with engineers from Chrysler, Mopar, race teams owners, crew chiefs and many fellow Viper owners with open ears to understand and recognize their issues, needs and wants as to improve our product line. I also own an ACR and have had several generations of Vipers and understand first hand the driving & power characteristics of our cars. Viper's are tough on parts so we're always testing at the track!

Thnx for the good words.
Toddy

P.S. We'll be debuting our New Viper Gen 5 Evolution-R Series Headers soon..! I've had this new design in my head for close to 3 years now and have made the capitol investment in R&D and fixtures to build a no compromise state of the art header utilizing Auto CAD, CNC milling, mandrel bending and tig weld construction. These will be a BBG brand and built inhouse in Sacramento, Ca to ensure the highest level of materials, machining, fitment and power gains. Stay tuned they're going to be pretty damm sick!!:D

BAD BOYZZ GARAGE
Todd Gomez
(916) 505-9026
[email protected]

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

BAD BOYZZ GARAGE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The heads and flywheel pics are pure ****. This should be one sick N/A build! Can't wait to see the numbers.

Well here's the "Cherry on Top" our race ported 10 runner Viper manifold..! R&D is our game and we love playing with the massive V-10's airflow..:D

Thanks for the compliment, much appreciated..

BAD BOYZZ GARAGE
Toddy Gomez
(916) 505-9026
[email protected]

(BBG Comp-R Intake Manifold - Race Ported for Competition use)

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

BAD BOYZZ GARAGE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gentlemen,

Here's a few photos of our BBG Viper Competition HRB Slave Cylinder vs. OE Mopar. You'll be amazed of the positive pedal feel and clutch control along with our "in line" pedal adjuster to allow each driver to fine tune to their clutch pedal to their preffered driving style. We built this kit for the ACR-X race cars, so you know they're bullet proof and to ensure a high level of quality control I personally assemble, set-up and check fitment of each kit on our TR6060 fixture before leaving our faciltiy..:usa:

We'll post more pictures or better yet start a new thread shortly and show all the components that make up our Competition HRB kits..

Avaliable for all year Dodge Viper's.. Give us a call to get your kit built!

BAD BOYZZ GARAGE
Toddy Gomez
(916) 505-9026
[email protected]

(BBG Viper Competition HRB Slave Cylinder Kit)

(Viper Mopar OE)

Last edited:

CEJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Toddy,

Beautiful work on those heads and intake manifold! Regarding the slave cylinder's SS lines...are they long enough to directly attach to master cylinder and to locate the bleed ****** in an easy-to-access location? Thanks.

OP
OP
B

BAD BOYZZ GARAGE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Toddy,

Beautiful work on those heads and intake manifold! Regarding the slave cylinder's SS lines...are they long enough to directly attach to master cylinder and to locate the bleed ****** in an easy-to-access location? Thanks.

Yes, the fluid connect line has more than ample length to connect to the master cylinder and our bleed line (******) is 36" long for easy access and personal prefference of location. Our competition HRB kit also comes with a modified Viper master cylinder and an adjustable pedal adjustment option. I'll post more pictures shortly to show all the components that make-up our Kit..

Thnx,

BAD BOYZZ GARAGE
Toddy Gomez
(916) 505-9026
Info@Badbloyzzgarage

Last edited:

Steve M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The intake porting - is that above and beyond what you would normally do on a Gen IV intake, or is this something you'll be working into all of your ported intakes in the future?

OP
OP
B

BAD BOYZZ GARAGE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The intake porting - is that above and beyond what you would normally do on a Gen IV intake, or is this something you'll be working into all of your ported intakes in the future?

Steve,

This is our standard BBG Viper G4 Race Ported Intake., Obviously we kept in mind that some of the Chrysler Boyzz may stop by Arrow Racing Engines to check out our work (HP /Trq gains) so it's detailed to the Hilt. All of our G4 race ported intakes share the same quality of finish, intake runner port design and flow characteristics as this intake to ensure maximun performance without compromise., it's what our clients have come to expect from my company (BBG). I've alway been a perfectionist when it comes to our Viper Cylinder Head & Intake service's and my philosophy is quite simple, it's gotta be good enough to run on my Viper otherwise it doesn't leave my shop until it is!

Thnx, good question.

BAD BOYZZ GARAGE
Toddy Gomez
(916) 505-9026
[email protected]

Last edited:

CEJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Toddy. That slave unit looks pretty strong too. Do you all manufacture that unit in-house?

Looking forward to seeing details about your HRB kit (just to verify, will the HRB kit fit Gen IIs?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave