2 lbs of boost got me...

-FROG-

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Been super busy trying to make extra money on the side to pay for my wedding coming up in the spring because her parents hate me and don't think I'm a good fit for her family, bla bla bla.... so I haven't been on any car boards for a while lately. :( Anyhoo, FINALLY got around to getting my car tuned and it's not making much boost at all... Need to check for a boost leak or swap out the pulley / belt, etc. Just need to do some de-bugging. Thanks to David Weaver for taking the time to help me out on this and tuning my SCT. David has gone above and beyond to go out of his way to help me out. Very cool. The Boost Logic guys were kind enough to let us use their Dyno so David could spend a little time tuning my car.

I originally had 461HP / 507TQ which was always in my signature, but then I threw on some HS Roller Rockers a few years ago and I actually lost power, at least on that dyno day, and have really been at about 455HP / 500TQ for the last few years, which is what I ran 11.3 @125 on. So the numbers look accurate if I am expecting about 25HP for every 1# of boost as a rule of thumb for my application...

So 2# of boost got me 500HP / 528TQ which is about 50HP gain from where it was. So, once I get this boost situation worked out, I should be adding another 4# of boost, getting me another 100HP landing right around 600HP.

Just thought I would share because it's kind of interesting what 2# will do, lol. :)

vipzilla

Viper Owner
Reaction score
none of this makes any sense to me none of the numbers add up frog you refer to boost ??? s/c or turbo?? i would image if so 500hp cant be correct

OP
OP
F

-FROG-

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Paxton Supercharger, only running at 2lbs of boost. = 50HP gain. Should be 6lbs of boost to = 150HP gain.

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
best thing you can do is prove them wrong

congrats on your pending nuptials

:tx:

2#=good, 4#-6#=better

:drive:

OP
OP
F

-FROG-

Enthusiast
Reaction score
lol, yea that's what I wish would happen but when people get set in their ways, there's no way of winning their heart when all they can see is bad in everything being done. My girl and I are over it and moving on with or without them... As for boost... I would like to go way more than 6#, but cast pistons in my engine, so better stay safe. :(

best thing you can do is prove them wrong

congrats on your pending nuptials

:tx:

2#=good, 4#-6#=better

:drive:

troublemaker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't sweat it, my MIL an I couldn't stand each other for about the first 5 years we were together. We quickly got to the point we didn't care what she said, learned to tolerate her, and have been together 16 years, married for 11. You are not marrying her parents, you are marrying her. If you let them, they will make things very ******* your relationship, don't let them.

Good job on the car by the way. If I could get my GTS to 600rwhp, I would be more than content.

OP
OP
F

-FROG-

Enthusiast
Reaction score
lol thanks guys! My girl and I are making due quite well without her parents! :) I need to go drive the car and really feel what 2 lbs can do lol!!!

p.s.... already spun the tire in my Mustang on accident in front of them on a wet road.... didn't help at all.