Stryker red option

vipernut

VCA International Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
It's great that we're s-l-o-w-l-y finding out about all the options for the SRT Viper.....!

HOWEVER when are we gonna find out about the price and availability of that STRYKER RED paint option for the GTS?!

I've got my heart set on that colour and that colour ONLY!!

This wait is driving me KOOKOO!

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would expect it to be big bucks. I heard rumors of possibly as high as $10k for that paint option. Hopefully not as it's a stunning color in person and would love to see a few out on the roads. :)

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Have heard high, but not any higher than Sapphire Bob. Would imagine if it gets in that territory alone it will reduce the buyers quite a bit? I imagine we will all hear pretty soon on the pricing, as there are some other items in the mix that are still unknown and we are winding down to ordering day!

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have heard high, but not any higher than Sapphire Bob. Would imagine if it gets in that territory alone it will reduce the buyers quite a bit? I imagine we will all hear pretty soon on the pricing, as there are some other items in the mix that are still unknown and we are winding down to ordering day!

The wait to see how much the Carbon Fiber options are gonna be is killing me!! I know they did away with the diffuser and I understand that one.

mnc2886

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thats what i'm hoping. The rear carbon diffuser was $9K alone and thats why it got dumped.

Jeez, $9k?? Nevermind, I'll raise my estimate.... $5-6k

For that kind of coin, you can have someone duplicate the pieces in carbon in the aftermarket for less....

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
From what I heard at VOI they are still evaluatating how much it will cost to reproduce that Stryker red. It is a very labor intensive and many many coats to achieve that show car quality finish. They start off with an orange coat to use as the base, then build up to that stunning liquid metal red.

There may be a way to produce it less expensively, and are looking into it, but did not have enough information to price it out at the time.

Believe it will be a very limited production.

OP
OP
vipernut

vipernut

Venom Member
Reaction score
I hope it's not too limited!

I hope they weren't just teasing us...LOL!..dangling that gorgeous car in front of us and then making it (almost) unattainable!!

That wouldn't be very nice!

However I guess they have to tell us soon since they're supposed to be taking orders in November...(just around the corner)...

Hey guys ...my birthday is in November!! What a nice gift that would be!!

EZ 2B Green

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Speaking with the great guys from Prefix, painting Stryker Red is equvalent labor of painting 3 non-specialty colored Vipers. I also got the impression that it would be more than 10K. Of course, that's the color my wife wants. Don't forget to add the $7500 for the premium leather interior (that was sweetest smelling interior I have ever been in).

stingray23

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why offer a color that will be that expensive? It will be a nightmare to paint if ever in an accident. I love the color, but not the price.

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If not a repeatable base coat, clear coat like other BASF Extreme colors out there, then a complete waste. Saleen use to charge $11.5k to $15k for custom colors like this so expect the same here. If so it will be a limited offering.

ACRucrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Meh, give me VVV, SSG, VBB, VVO etc for $600 and I will be happy. You can keep your $10,000 Stryker red. :drive:

SADVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lets just not get too used to that newly-fashioned pricey trend. Otherwise everything will be way expensive.

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is it 100% confirmed they killed the carbon fiber diffuser?

Graham was talking to us during the prototype test drive at VOI and he had mentioned that for the reason I listed above ($9k for just that piece). However...he said is could be an option through MOPAR but it will not be offered as part of a package when ordering the car.

OP
OP
vipernut

vipernut

Venom Member
Reaction score
Hey Stingray23 makes an excellent point!
Not even for being in an accident.... !!
How will they reproduce those touch-up paint tubes that we all need once in awhile to camouflage/repair those little nicks (we all get) in the paint (especially on the front hood/fascia)??

(Having said that...I'm still willing to give it a go!! LOL!)

my viper

enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice color, especially when you see it in person. Labor intensive to paint including an undercoat of gold color. I heard possibly $20k - YIKES!!

I love the new Shadow Blue.

OP
OP
vipernut

vipernut

Venom Member
Reaction score
20K...?! I couldn't believe it when I heard that (too)!!

How could they do that to us VIPER FAITHFULS?!!!!!!!

C'mon..give us a BREAK!!!!

chesapeake07

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I heard 10k at VOI.

I agree, it would surely reduce the number of buyers at that price point.

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Talk about the ultimate bait and switch. Shame on you SRT.

I'll say this last thing about the carbon and then hopefully the thread will get back on topic of the paint. Bait and switch...I don't see it that way. Yea I was excited when I saw that diffuser BUT you must remember what was shown to us in april was a SHOW CAR. Also, as I mentioned it may still be a product you can get through MOPAR :D

02ViperTodd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Take this for what it is, but I was talking to a guy at Petit Lemans who has a deposit down on a Gen V. He wants the stryker red but was told that the first 500 will be B/W and the next 500 will be R/W. So it may be a while before they produce this color anyway. He didn't mention the price increase (I doubt he knows) for this color.

Todd

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Just for comparison - I had over $5k in materials alone for my 3 color (silver, orange, red) House of Kolors Kandy Red. Beautiful Color. Minor chips filled in with just the Kandy Red were fixable and not noticeable. Any big defects would require a panel paint.

You must be registered for see images attach

mnc2886

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Take this for what it is, but I was talking to a guy at Petit Lemans who has a deposit down on a Gen V. He wants the stryker red but was told that the first 500 will be B/W and the next 500 will be R/W. So it may be a while before they produce this color anyway. He didn't mention the price increase (I doubt he knows) for this color.

Todd

Way off, R/W isn't available and only the first 150 will be B/W.

Jay M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think this paint job isn't a simple robotic factory job, it's a paint job worthy of a hand built super car.

The good news is that you can have the same performance in the $99k car. If you also want it to look like the best exotics in the world, then even at $150k it's still a bargain. Seriously, $150k isn't much more expensive than a mass produced 911 TT.

That said, I won't be able to afford either for a very long time. I'll just continue to enjoy my lowly old red Gen III.

~Jay