Missing something on oil pan??

kenbrackins

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have had an oil leak for a few years and decided to change gasket with this next oil change. It appears that something may be missing from the very front passenger side of pan. Is there something missing here? Is there any complications or tricks I should know about changing the oil pan gasket? Thanks so much!
You must be registered for see images attach

steve911

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dont change your pan gasket yet. I bet a dollar to a doughnut that your oil lines are leaking at the block fitting. The fittings are designed to swivel and over time the o-ring likes to leak. Cheap fix.

By the way there is nothing missing on your pan.

Hope this helps

Steve A.

Torquemonster06

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OMG :omg: Your missing that square thingy thats supposed to be atached to that round thingy. JUST KIDDING. Like Steve said, check your oil lines. I just went through this problem this summer. Easy fix.

swexlin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ken, updating from your first post (that I just dug up today). Since that post was from 2009, with the possibility of your dipstick tube leaking, and this post was from 2012, for the pan gasket, what was the final outcome. As I said in my other reply to you, I've been chasing a mysterious leak for a couple years. It's not the cooler lines, they were replaced in 2011, and the new ones are bone dry. I'm going to get my car on a buddy's lift soon, to do the pan gasket as well, but I was just wondering about the outcome of yours.

Mopar Steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"On a buddy's lift" ?

You can say Steve's lift. Many members cars have been here. Yours included.

Westxsrt10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I bet its your pan gasket......I had a similar hard to find small leak caused by the OEM gasket. The Felpro replacement gasket was higher quality IMO.
May be post some photos of "Steve's" lift during the fix?.:2tu:

swexlin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
"On a buddy's lift" ?

You can say Steve's lift. Many members cars have been here. Yours included.

Yep, let me rephrase that: my buddy Steve's lift! Steve has been a lifesaver for many of us here. I trust him more with a Viper than most trained Viper mechanics.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper