Sandy

intense5.5

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So far so good here with the storm. Lost power twice already but it came back on after just a few minutes both times. Got emergency supplies stocked up and the Stihl is on standby, and luckily we don't flood here. Hope everyone makes it out ok.

mgeorge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Same here, light post across the street came down and lost power a couple times but right back on. No generator but I do have a 30 pack in the cooler.

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Two friends within 3 miles in different directions out of power over 3 hours already... Lights started flashing with buzzing noises:rolleyes:

HobokenViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm in Hoboken and it's a disaster there. Luckily I evacuated with my wife, 8 month old son, and dog just before they closed all bridges and tunnels, but had to leave the Viper behind. Don't worry, she's on the 3rd floor of my building's parking garage, but I'm still worried as the wind was up to 100 mph gusts there and we are right smack on the Hudson River. Up in Westchester for now and no idea when I might get back, and hope to find home and car just as I left them.....

OP
OP
intense5.5

intense5.5

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, we sure dodged a bullet here at my house. Family's safe, no trees down on the house and no damage. Been without power since 9:30pm monday. Last time for me, just ordered a generator. Using candles and flashlights and cooking on the grill for now - ironic - I'm camping in my house.

VYPR BYT 94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm in Hoboken and it's a disaster there. Luckily I evacuated with my wife, 8 month old son, and dog just before they closed all bridges and tunnels, but had to leave the Viper behind. Don't worry, she's on the 3rd floor of my building's parking garage, but I'm still worried as the wind was up to 100 mph gusts there and we are right smack on the Hudson River. Up in Westchester for now and no idea when I might get back, and hope to find home and car just as I left them.....
Wishing you the best for you and family when you get back.
Well, we sure dodged a bullet here at my house. Family's safe, no trees down on the house and no damage. Been without power since 9:30pm monday. Last time for me, just ordered a generator. Using candles and flashlights and cooking on the grill for now - ironic - I'm camping in my house.
Congratz on finding everything intact.

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Still running on generator. There are fewer trees down than last years storm but much larger trees. I had to chainsaw my way out of my driveway yesterday. Even the cell towers failed so I am only able to post by hot spotting from my phone from the highest point in my house with 1 bar. 1 gas station open within 15 miles and the line was nearly a mile. I will have to start siphoning today. Pics to come.

HobokenViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Happy to report that we were among the lucky ones. We finally got power back the other day and came home yesterday, and our apartment and cars are just as we left them. Too bad the entire town around us is a total disaster zone with 6 inches of solidified raw sewage covering all the roads and sidewalks where the flood waters once were. Looks like it may be a very long cleanup around here, and we still have another big storm coming our way in 2 days..... Isn't global warming great?!?! :crazy2: oh, and my normal 35 minute commute to and from work took 4 hours each way now!!!!! I know it could be worse if my home was destroyed or worse, but even still this is a pretty intolerable and unsustainable situation to spend 8 hours commuting 3 miles to and from work each day! Ugh.....

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave