Interest in my ADV1 wheels?

nspec

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Trying to decide if I should sell them separately or with the car and wondering what they will go for.

They are one off, custom ordered Machined finish with polish lip.

20x13 rear and 19x10 front with brand new invos.

Rims retail for 9200 and took me over 2 months to get.
Tires were close to 1800
Extra TPMS were 250
Rimlox locks/lugs were about 300
and cant remember the amount for installation and balance.

What would a Viper owner be willing to pay for a set like that?

Rims and tires both have less than a 1000 miles and in mint condition.

Here are pictures

http://forums.viperclub.org/threads/657828-Finally-a-real-photoshoot-of-my-Viper!

High Resolution pictures:
http://s209.beta.photobucket.com/user/naumananis/library/My Viper/RTRANPHOTOGRAPHY

denniskgb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Awesome set no doubt. A lot of money invested i see. You can not, of course, ask what you paid for them, however, you can for sure ask at east $9500. Technically you ask all the money, but its totally up to you if you are willing to sell them or sit on them. this is a tough one for sure.

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
9,200$ WOW, Jordan is proud of those things. They look great though.

OP
OP
N

nspec

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I know there is no way in hell i'll get what they were worth brand new, and im not looking for any thing in that area.

but looking to entertain a best offer

Timnineside

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think they are worth more off the car then on it. Others may argue, but the more custom the car is the more narrow your market will be. Maybe throw up a picture or two with the custom wheels and put a separate price on them. Unless the car was full custom.

To throw out a random number on what they are worth who know's. I wouldn't throw that kinda cash into wheels. I draw the line around $7k. Which is too much lol. I'd recommend keeping them if you plan to buy another Viper.

-Tim

bmw2nv2000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
$9200 for wheels???? DAYUMMM!!!! Seriously any one looking to make you an offer will be an insult so Id just plan on keeping them. Id bet no one will give you anywhere close to $7k for them but thats just my opinion.

OP
OP
N

nspec

Viper Owner
Reaction score
im asking 56 obo for the car with oem wheels.

make an offer on the ADV1 wheels.

cubican

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The ADV1 wheels look great on the rear but the fronts not so much, selling the wheels off the car is much better.

VYPR BYT 94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bottom line... things are worth whatever you can sell them for.
List the wheels seperately and see who it appeals to. That's your best bet.
Good luck.
Mike

Synergy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You're car is beautiful! May I ask why are you selling the car right after purchasing the wheels?

OP
OP
N

nspec

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks guys. my plan is to go through different cars that i've always wanted, every 6 months or so. I envisioned how i wanted my Viper to look, thats why I had ADV make these wheels for me. I knew I was gonna lose money on the rims.

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks guys. my plan is to go through different cars that i've always wanted, every 6 months or so. I envisioned how i wanted my Viper to look, thats why I had ADV make these wheels for me. I knew I was gonna lose money on the rims.

Honorable, but expensive!

Timnineside

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If your willing to lose some money ill offer you $1k. Lol. I'll pay for shipping to. May even trade you some H-Spokes!

denniskgb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i am upgrading to gen 3 brakes with spacers for rear wheels. can ayone tell me if these wheels are going to fit 2002 gts.

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If it fits on a Gen 3 or 4, it will fit on a Gen 1 or 2. But, not vice-versa. Brakes are bigger on 3-4, so most wheels that were built for a 1-2 won't have enough brake clearance for a 3-4.

bmw2nv2000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll be honest i think there worth between 3-4k.

I believe 1bad just said what we are all thinking. Just the way it is. Used 19/20's usually bring between 3-4k. I just sold a set of 19/20 concaves with less than 1000 miles on them for $3800. I know another forum member trying to move a set of 19/20's with less than 1000 miles on them for $3k and they havent sold yet. Just what Ive seen and experienced in the used viper market. I hope you get more though.

Next Phase

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice wheels... but you are gonna take a bath.

I wouldn't let them go for any less than $4k + shipping...

You must be registered for see images attach

OP
OP
N

nspec

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Im gonna be honest with you guys and do not want to sound like an ********, but these are some ridiculous numbers in this thread. Im not insulted, just a little disappointed in response from owners here. Again, Im not an ********, just speaking the truth and hoping I dont offend anyone.

I was expecting Viper owners to be able to spend the right amount of money for the right product ( I know its not everyone's taste)

I already have offers ranging from 5k-6k, but thats with everything, including tires, tpms, rimlox. And I havent even listed the set for sale yet. Im gonna wait for 7.5k for everything. Not in a rush to sell the rims either. So I can wait.

You gotta keep in mind, these are not mass produced wheels. This is a one off set, no other in the world. These wheels were not even on the catalog. Another reason for getting this finish was just incase if i didnt like teh outcome, I can easily switch to Flat black face with gloss lip. Its not easy to go back to this finish from any powder coating/painting.
These wheels are ready to go and no need to wait 2 months for a new set to made.

I was really looking for an opinion from my fellow Viper owners and it is exactly what I got and I a was disappointed.

Please dont be offended if I havent replied to some of the offers. I have decided to ask 7.5k for the whole set with everything (tires, tpms, rimlox, and lugs)

I sincerely appreciate the response from everyone.

Thank you.

OP
OP
N

nspec

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If it fits on a Gen 3 or 4, it will fit on a Gen 1 or 2. But, not vice-versa. Brakes are bigger on 3-4, so most wheels that were built for a 1-2 won't have enough brake clearance for a 3-4.

Thanks a lot buddy!

OP
OP
N

nspec

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Here is another picture of the set that I had never seen before

You must be registered for see images attach

VYPR BYT 94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Like I said on post#12...
Things are worth whatever you can sell them for... that goes for anything.
You'll find the right buyer as it sounds like you're in no hurry to sell.
They look great.
Mike

98intrigue

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I love these wheels...especially since I came from the import world and love the Volk TE37 wheels. High quality, rare wheels are very expensive. I've had all kinds of brands and the ones for my Viper were obviously the most expensive due to the sizing and 6-lug bolt pattern. Your asking price is just a bit more than what I paid for my 19"/20" Modulare Forged setup with Invo tires...so I sincerely hope you get your asking price.

1bad540

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The car looks great, the prob with 1 off wheels is if you break one your screwed. 2 most forged 19-20's can be bought new for around 3500(plus tires) as there are many many new forged co's popping up. If someone did infact offer you 7k take that and run.