Verts with Coupe Rear Conversion pics thread!!

Supratt6s

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know this is relatively a new mod but it seems this community has been very creative with their paint schemes when adding this coupe modification that should have been done by Dodge to begin with. Lets see those gorgeous coupe butts with those ******* bodies... :beer:

I'll start with Steve's Vipair rear end kit developed on my car!

You must be registered for see images attach

Hardtop

Factory top up

Lets see those butts!:D

am.mscl

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am curious as if the Trunk lid or rear fenders had to be modified any for the top to go up and down?

malcoll

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The coupe rear looks amazing on the coupe, but for me it looks out of proportion and out of place on the roadster..... Flame Suit ON!

Viper007Bond

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The coupe rear looks amazing on the coupe, but for me it looks out of proportion and out of place on the roadster..... Flame Suit ON!

Don't worry -- I agree for the most part. On one hand I like the sharper lines but on the other it almost looks too small due to the length of the trunk.

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
To each his own :crazy2:. In my totally unbiased opinion :D - there is just no comparison with the coupe rear end looking far more aggressive. Had Dodge put the coupe rear end on the vert when first introduced - they would have sold substantially more and there would have been ZERO comparisons to the S2000 or vette.

webby

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Man, I am so torn on this one. I loved it when I first saw it, then decided stock looked better after seeing more pics, now I am stuck in the middle

OP
OP
S

Supratt6s

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Man, I am so torn on this one. I loved it when I first saw it, then decided stock looked better after seeing more pics, now I am stuck in the middle

I think with the hardtop, it looks killer! And Andy's looks gorgeous with the top down! Hopefully he'll toss some pictures in this thread.

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The original rear looks plain, wimpy, and an afterthought. Like, "Hey guys, we gotta put a rear on this car, can you design one in a couple hours?" Reply, "Man, we used all of our creativity for the front and sides, sorry..."

Sonoman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
To me the 'Vert tail looks like they were trying to maintain some family resemblance with other Chrysler vehicles. I still like it OK, but having the $90k sports car look like other Chryslers isn't really doing any favors to the Viper-- I'm sure they were thinking the other way around. Hence the cross-hair grille and the bulbous wrap taillights, which, when I first saw them reminded me a bit of the Dodge Stealth taillights.

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
To me the 'Vert tail looks like they were trying to maintain some family resemblance with other Chrysler vehicles. I still like it OK, but having the $90k sports car look like other Chryslers isn't really doing any favors to the Viper-- I'm sure they were thinking the other way around. Hence the cross-hair grille and the bulbous wrap taillights, which, when I first saw them reminded me a bit of the Dodge Stealth taillights.

I wasn't going to say "Stealth" but you hit it right on IMO. I had a dislike to the Stealth rear-end from the beginning. The Mistsu 3000GT had a much tougher race looking rear and whoever created the Stealth rear should have their designer's license suspended... In 1993 I bought a new 3000 GT and never considered the Stealth as I saw it as another Dodge design failure. I admit the Viper rear is not ugly like the Stealth (just plain), but they are alike in many ways.

PeterMJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Interesting thread. I must be in a tiny minority but find this whole thing pretty funny, i.e. complaining about plain rear end and grafting a coupe rear on it which in itself is a direct carryover from the previous generation. Seems to me if the designers spent little time on the convertible, they spent none on the coupe. In fact, to untrained eye, gen 3 and 4 coupe and gen 2 GTS are hard to tell apart. If you buy a car, you should either enhance what you have or built something completely different that sets you apart which means a custom bumper altogether.

Nevertheless, this is just me, one who passed on coupe for these reasons.

OP
OP
S

Supratt6s

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Interesting thread. I must be in a tiny minority but find this whole thing pretty funny, i.e. complaining about plain rear end and grafting a coupe rear on it which in itself is a direct carryover from the previous generation. Seems to me if the designers spent little time on the convertible, they spent none on the coupe. In fact, to untrained eye, gen 3 and 4 coupe and gen 2 GTS are hard to tell apart. If you buy a car, you should either enhance what you have or built something completely different that sets you apart which means a custom bumper altogether.

Nevertheless, this is just me, one who passed on coupe for these reasons.

So you're not buying the gen 5 I'm taking it then lol. That has almost the least thought involved out of any viper.

PeterMJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So you're not buying the gen 5 I'm taking it then lol. That has almost the least thought involved out of any viper.
I am not very impressed with the last one and have to agree the design does not seem to be a great departure from gen 4. I have not seen the convertible version yet either. Who knows, maybe it will grow on me in person? So far, I do not see anything making me ditch the current one, well, maybe the revised window regulators, LOL.

VicTxV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not a complete conversion but I added a Hennessey rear deck spoiler and the lower Mopar Aero inserts.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

KDR83

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought I liked the coupe rear on a Viper and I do still think it looks nice but must say I think I may actually prefer the stock look

ohlarikd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
To me, the real coupe rear end is longer in order to accomodate the rear glass and keep things in proportion. Without that coupe rear hatch glass, the coupe rear is too long. That is a huge flat trunk area. The original vert rear, although plain, is shorter and in proportion.

I am not saying it looks bad, because I agree it looks more agressive. Just a tad too long with the vert roof.

I have more of a problem with the front being too plain!

OP
OP
S

Supratt6s

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought I liked the coupe rear on a Viper and I do still think it looks nice but must say I think I may actually prefer the stock look
You sure? I'm posting for FLATOUT (Andy)

OP
OP
S

Supratt6s

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nadine UK GTS

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Everyone has different tastes, having had it both stock and with the coupe rear the latter completely changes the car for the better.

PeterMJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Everyone has different tastes, having had it both stock and with the coupe rear the latter completely changes the car for the better FOR ME.
I think this may be more accurate and agreeable since it is your car.:) Otherwise, you are dissing on those who feel otherwise, not to mention you cannot really quantify that "better" part.

PeterMJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not a complete conversion but I added a Hennessey rear deck spoiler and the lower Mopar Aero inserts.

attachment.php

attachment.php
This looks pretty cool although I would not call it a conversion. Hennesy makes a pretty nice looking diffuser to go with this spoiler. :2tu:

OP
OP
S

Supratt6s

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think this may be more accurate and agreeable since it is your car.:) Otherwise, you are dissing on those who feel otherwise, not to mention you cannot really quantify that "better" part.

Sound like a girl with an A cup bra upset at a girl with some solid C's lol. Just messing, don't take it personal. It's a relatively cheap mod compared to most Viper tax mods.

Beyond just the solid roof, there's a common denominator that makes the coupe more desirable and it's the **** butt. Then add the convertible feature and you have the best of both worlds.

PeterMJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sound like a girl with an A cup bra upset at a girl with some solid C's lol. Just messing, don't take it personal. It's a relatively cheap mod compared to most Viper tax mods.

Beyond just the solid roof, there's a common denominator that makes the coupe more desirable and it's the **** butt. Then add the convertible feature and you have the best of both worlds.
Not upset, just surprised. And from what I see, gen4 drop tops are fewer than coupes but I may be mistaken here... I do not think people buy drop tops because they cannot find a coupe, at least I hope this is not the case, LOL.

cubican

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Heres a pic of the hennessy difusser on carbon fiber, as for the convertion it looks nice but I really like the verts rear.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456