Option Page Updated

96 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
$150,000.00+ is just toooo many zeros for me to spend for a GTS. I'll just keep what I've got. It was paid for a long time ago, and it still looks and runs great.

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
IMO i don't see anything wrong with it. It is virtually a "bespoke" vehicle now. Much like Porsche you can pick and choose, virtually whatever you want. You can make a base 911 quite expensive if your heart so desires.

It is a low production high end car, starting at $100k is a bargin.

You can price it out to be $97k or $150k+

The only thing holding you back is, what will your wife say :smirk:

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
IMO i don't see anything wrong with it. It is virtually a "bespoke" vehicle now. Much like Porsche you can pick and choose, virtually whatever you want. You can make a base 911 quite expensive if your heart so desires.

It is a low production high end car, starting at $100k is a bargin.

You can price it out to be $97k or $150k+

The only thing holding you back is, what will your wife say :smirk:

I agree 100%, the only real negative I see is the dealership experience. I'd like to think it's being sorted out, but I have never seen any Dodge dealership that rivals a typical Porsche, BMW, Mercedes, or even a Lexus store. Bigger things have been done before though............

Last edited:

chorps

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just for laughs I went to check off every option I was allowed on the Boxster. The cheapest base car Porsche sells, this isn't even the Boxster S. It makes the Gen V look spartan in comparison, even with all the options available.

At first I was sticker shocked over the Gen V, now I'm getting to be OK with it as long as it keeps Vipers coming to the dealerships and into customers' hands. And SRT doesn't nickel and dime you for some of the items that the cars should come equipped with no matter what trim (HID headlamps were premium items for the longest time from all the german makes....)

Here's the bottom line:
Boxster $49,500
Packages
Infotainment Package with BOSE® Surround Sound System P91
$4,560
Premium Package with Adaptive Sport Seats Plus P96
$5,865
Exterior Colors
Convertible Top in Brown 6V $0
Lime Gold Metallic R2
$2,580
Interior Colors
Leather interior in natural leather Carrera Red NG
$3,535
Exterior
Supplemental safety roll-bar painted in Exterior color 546
$635
Electrically folding exterior mirrors 748
$320
Wing mirror (lower part) painted CNL
$605
ParkAssist (front and rear) 636
$860
Bi-Xenon(TM) headlights with Porsche Dynamic Light System (PDLS) 603
$0
Performance
Sport Chrono Package i.c.w. PCM 640
$2,370
Power Steering Plus 658
$270
Porsche Torque Vectoring (PTV) 220
$1,320
Porsche Ceramic Composite Brakes (PCCB) 450
$7,400
Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK) 250
$3,200
Sport Suspension X73
$1,235
Wheels
20-inch Carrera S wheel 423
$3,120
Wheel Accessories
Wheel center caps with colored Porsche Crest 446
$185
Interior
Air vent slats painted CDN
$1,190
Smoking package 583
$0
Fire extinguisher 509
$140
Seat ventilation 541
$730
Light design package 630
$340
Adaptive sports seats Plus, electrical (18-way, electric) with memory package P07
$0
Interior Leather
Leather interior in natural leather 998
$0
Interior Carbon Fiber
Door entry guards in Carbon, illuminated XXD
$1,150
Center console trim in Carbon XHM
$630
Carbon interior package (with leather interior/with PDK) EEJ
$1,790
Multi-function steering wheel Carbon incl. steering-wheel heating XHL
$1,250
Audio and Communications
Six disc CD/DVD autochanger 693
$670
Telephone module 666
$265
Voice Control 671
$520
Electronic logbook 641
$570
Total Price* $97,755
*Option availability and pricing subject to change. Please consult your local dealer for the most up-to-date information.

Apparently there are over 300,000 Boxsters and Caymans made by mid 2011 (total production). Looks like sales are slower now, since Porsche makes about 40k vehicles per year, with 20k of them being Cayennes (1/2 to SUVs!), 10k of them Panameras and the rest divided amongst the 911 and Boxsters.

If SRT can make volume and profit margins like Porsche, maybe we'll get to see 1000+ hp ACRs from the factory... :D

OP
OP
S

SADVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just for laughs I went to check off every option I was allowed on the Boxster. The cheapest base car Porsche sells, this isn't even the Boxster S. It makes the Gen V look spartan in comparison, even with all the options available.

At first I was sticker shocked over the Gen V, now I'm getting to be OK with it as long as it keeps Vipers coming to the dealerships and into customers' hands. And SRT doesn't nickel and dime you for some of the items that the cars should come equipped with no matter what trim (HID headlamps were premium items for the longest time from all the german makes....)

Here's the bottom line:
Boxster $49,500
Packages
Infotainment Package with BOSE® Surround Sound System P91
$4,560
Premium Package with Adaptive Sport Seats Plus P96
$5,865
Exterior Colors
Convertible Top in Brown 6V $0
Lime Gold Metallic R2
$2,580
Interior Colors
Leather interior in natural leather Carrera Red NG
$3,535
Exterior
Supplemental safety roll-bar painted in Exterior color 546
$635
Electrically folding exterior mirrors 748
$320
Wing mirror (lower part) painted CNL
$605
ParkAssist (front and rear) 636
$860
Bi-Xenon(TM) headlights with Porsche Dynamic Light System (PDLS) 603
$0
Performance
Sport Chrono Package i.c.w. PCM 640
$2,370
Power Steering Plus 658
$270
Porsche Torque Vectoring (PTV) 220
$1,320
Porsche Ceramic Composite Brakes (PCCB) 450
$7,400
Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK) 250
$3,200
Sport Suspension X73
$1,235
Wheels
20-inch Carrera S wheel 423
$3,120
Wheel Accessories
Wheel center caps with colored Porsche Crest 446
$185
Interior
Air vent slats painted CDN
$1,190
Smoking package 583
$0
Fire extinguisher 509
$140
Seat ventilation 541
$730
Light design package 630
$340
Adaptive sports seats Plus, electrical (18-way, electric) with memory package P07
$0
Interior Leather
Leather interior in natural leather 998
$0
Interior Carbon Fiber
Door entry guards in Carbon, illuminated XXD
$1,150
Center console trim in Carbon XHM
$630
Carbon interior package (with leather interior/with PDK) EEJ
$1,790
Multi-function steering wheel Carbon incl. steering-wheel heating XHL
$1,250
Audio and Communications
Six disc CD/DVD autochanger 693
$670
Telephone module 666
$265
Voice Control 671
$520
Electronic logbook 641
$570
Total Price* $97,755
*Option availability and pricing subject to change. Please consult your local dealer for the most up-to-date information.

Apparently there are over 300,000 Boxsters and Caymans made by mid 2011 (total production). Looks like sales are slower now, since Porsche makes about 40k vehicles per year, with 20k of them being Cayennes (1/2 to SUVs!), 10k of them Panameras and the rest divided amongst the 911 and Boxsters.

If SRT can make volume and profit margins like Porsche, maybe we'll get to see 1000+ hp ACRs from the factory... :D
I really didn't understand your post :D

utahviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like the options but some of them are out there as far as price. With that said, the base model with the options Im looking at is reasonable. The GTS is simply out, based on what I would spend on a viper. Dealership service, resale, etc..see all previous posts.

Im still not convinced that it is the best bang for the buck. I wont order one until I see the proof. The numbers quoted in the brochure are terrible. If this car cant beat a ZR1 or a GTR then it is not the best bang for the buck. Unless they have some special magic in their power train it might beat a ZR1 barely but it wont beat a GTR. That is my biggest beef with the new car. Maybe it will be faster than the new GT500. If it is faster than the ZR1, it wont be for long.

I own a few vipers so it runs through my blood but Im putting my flame suit on anyway.

OP
OP
S

SADVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Now stripes are not available on StrykerRed! And no gunmetal stripes for shadow blue! Whats wrong SRT?

ViperGeorge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Personally if I buy a Gen 5 I would have a local shop stripe it for way less than $5K. I'm still shocked by the price of GTS Blue/White and Stryker Red. I was told by a reputable top 3 Viper dealer that Stryker Red was more like $20K not the $15K quoted above. That is nuts! Can't imagine the cost of an ACR, that will approach $200K at this rate. I may just keep my Gen 4s.

mnc2886

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Personally if I buy a Gen 5 I would have a local shop stripe it for way less than $5K. I'm still shocked by the price of GTS Blue/White and Stryker Red. I was told by a reputable top 3 Viper dealer that Stryker Red was more like $20K not the $15K quoted above. That is nuts! Can't imagine the cost of an ACR, that will approach $200K at this rate. I may just keep my Gen 4s.

ACR will definitely have a base price above the GTS. I'm guessing it will start close to $150k. However, I don't think it will have the amount of options that the GTS has. It may stick closer to race car than anything. We probabaly won't know anything about the ACR until mid 2014.

Smog Dog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ACR will definitely have a base price above the GTS. I'm guessing it will start close to $150k. However, I don't think it will have the amount of options that the GTS has. It may stick closer to race car than anything. We probabaly won't know anything about the ACR until mid 2014.

Why wouldn't it be based on an SRT, track pack,winged aero package, modified shocks and springs, etc. Maybe a different fascia and different paint... 150K seems strong to me, particularly for a starting point. More like 130, I think.

Bill

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
One thing everyone may want to factor in is that there is a good chance based on these new prices, that the price of the Gen-1/2/3/4 will be pulled up. That would in effect dampen the transition into the new cars. Hopefully. The current cars are just plain STUPID at their current price points- they are unbelievable bargains, and yet the market is OK with devaluing them further. Hopefully it stops.

But yes, I do agree that the Viper is in dangerous territory here. The fact is that sure, its a bargain compared to other exotics. BUT, the Viper will forever have "Dodge" attached to it, and that is part of the problem- it doesn't have the prestigious name backing it up like Ferrari, Lambo, Porsche, etc. The only reason the Ford GT got away with it was the VERY low production numbers overall, and it being a retro of the original. While I am sure that was part of the thinking pulling the Viper from Dodge to SRT, it is going to take a long while for any effect.

This is a double edged sword type move. The Viper needs to move upmarket in order to shed "Dodge" and gain "Exotic", but it needs to do that before it is rendered a flop and cancelled. My personal opinion is that they nailed the interior, but it was a BIG mistake going retro on the exterior instead of pushing it more exotic.

Last edited:

v10viperbox

Enthusiast
Reaction score

$97,395.00 Base Price (White)
$1,995.00 Destination Fee

My build if I could get a slot, with no dealer markup I have no trouble with this. Also if I could find a dealer that I felt comfortable handing a check to locally. Dealer experience at my three local dodge dealers is drop dead the worst I have ever had and SRT logo or not they are not going to step up IMO for a few cars a year and nobody is going to drop 150K there, period... I would rather fly out to one of the vendors on the site in a year or two when they start to be non ordered cars.

I have trouble with a 150-170K car with tax and tags, that is a clean 1-2 year old used Lamborghini money, heck that is almost solid ford GT money if you can really search. Plus for a car so track focused I doubt we will see big dollar new stuff out and being run at speed.

SRT versions yeah but the GTS is to soft for me.

chorps

Enthusiast
Reaction score

http://money.cnn.com/gallery/autos/2012/11/21/2013-srt-viper/7.html

Not sure if it is correct but it says this:

" There will be more color choices available than ever including one -- a rich candy-apple red -- that will cost $14,000 by itself."

ACRucrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score

And what would justify a $150k price tag? Previously the ACR was 14,500 option. Toss that on an SRT car of ~100k and you are in the 115k ballpark. Ok, so the Gen V ACR may have some more goodies like the Gen 4 did over the Gen 2, but I don't see another $35k above and beyond the 15k option of the GEN 4. Unless they add forced induction or GTSR body work.

OP
OP
S

SADVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
some said 19 MPG some said 12 MPG and I'm really hoping 19 MPG!

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The realities is that SRT , especially the Marketing Dept., has really listened superbly to the Viper owner. One of the comments we have all heard is that the Viper is one of the most highly modded/accessorized cars in the World, and now SRT is allowing you to do some of it from the factory. It will hurt some of us Dealers that do alot of upgrades, but the demand has been there for years and years. To add up all the options on a car is analgous to choosing all the food items in column A of a Chinese menu in my mind. It seems glutinous at first , but even with the buffet fully opened in Detroit, the menu is high enough priced that most will just get the meat of their desires, and realize we don't want to stuff ourselves with all the choices.

If one goes in to buy a Porsche, Ferrari, Lambo, Corvette, etc., there are tons of things to personalize the car, but it is super rare that anyone orders it all. The beauty is we now have the option to make our beloved Snakes really our own , straight from the craftsmen at Conner, but as our tastes are all unique, the cars will end up that way also.

SRT is following the lead of the Viper owner's desires, so enjoy the new Generation V and realize the reason we even are discussing this is we are human creatures of habit --- the choices before were almost non-existent, and now that we are given so many it makes for a bit of confusion mixed with pent up desire.

We have ordered a cornucopia of Stryker beasts already and only one is over 150k! That is the reality of what will likely occur, but thank SRT everyday for giving us such a selection of tasty tidbits!!!

PS - we also have a number that are well under 110K and will be astounding looking Snakes!!

mnc2886

Enthusiast
Reaction score
And what would justify a $150k price tag? Previously the ACR was 14,500 option. Toss that on an SRT car of ~100k and you are in the 115k ballpark. Ok, so the Gen V ACR may have some more goodies like the Gen 4 did over the Gen 2, but I don't see another $35k above and beyond the 15k option of the GEN 4. Unless they add forced induction or GTSR body work.

We had the same debate over the base price of the current Gen V offerings. Now look. It will eclipse $150k, watch.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth