Blue GTS on order!

mnc2886

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Between sales tax and gas guzzler, govt is coming out ahead of most dealers in profit!

Just about. In some other products they are. Exxon makes an average profit of about $.09 per gallon of gas sold. Ever notice how much Uncle Same makes per gallon? About $.46. Highway robbery I tell you!!!!

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If ViperJon is right about the Gen V's sitting on the lot by 2014-15, with this invoice, I'd expect a car that MSRP's at $135,840 to be let go at about $118k (maybe even a little less) in a last ditch effort to move the car. The factory will have an incentive for the dealer to do so and they will still make a little bit of money.

I see no reason to think the new Viper generation will be any different than the previous.
When the hoopla wears off and the factory is cranking them out they will be on the lots just like the Gen 3's and the 4's.
And after the pool of buyers dries up who are willing to pay a *LOT* of money for a Viper to be first on their block and sales sloooowwww..it's inevitable.

VYPR BYT 94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I see no reason to think the new Viper generation will be any different than the previous.
When the hoopla wears off and the factory is cranking them out they will be on the lots just like the Gen 3's and the 4's.
And after the pool of buyers dries up who are willing to pay a *LOT* of money for a Viper to be first on their block and sales sloooowwww..it's inevitable.

I agree it's inevitable.
I'd just like to point out to everyone it's like that with everything.
It's not a viper thing... it's a human nature thing. :)

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I think most realize that they are eating up to $15k, between Invoice/MSRP discrepancies, Gas guzzler, and tax. Sure, you could minimize Invoice/MSRP by waiting. But, pay to play.

Could wait a year, obviously for the new factor to wear off. Oh well.

Smog Dog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think most realize that they are eating up to $15k, between Invoice/MSRP discrepancies, Gas guzzler, and tax. Sure, you could minimize Invoice/MSRP by waiting. But, pay to play.

Could wait a year, obviously for the new factor to wear off. Oh well.

I agree with this, and I agree with Jon. For those who really want to save some cash, there will also be low mileage used ones on the market in a year or so.

Bill

davidn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
markup on the base Srt from inv to retail is around $5300.00 not sure about hold-back... msrp on the base---> $97395.00 inv-->$92069.00 then few hunderd here and there on the options... On my car..MSRP-->$116085 the inv was $109227 ...$6858 profit....

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Liberty235