Hemmings December Viper Buyer's Guide

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone see the cover of Hemmings...

I didn't buy it but thumbed through the pages and it seemed favorable...

You must be registered for see images attach

OP
OP
V

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Favorable meaning vipers holding their value or favorable for buyers... meaning it's a buyers guide.
Which one do you mean?

The pricing seemed realistic to actually buy or sell the average Viper if there is such a thing. So not low ball and not crazy owner...

Sainthitch

Viper Owner
Reaction score
something like that can only help(since they priced it right) hopefully it creates a slight increase in demand or at least get people looking at little more our way which will keep the price up.

Canuck

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Looks like Hemmings has made at least part of the story online, now that the issue is on the shelves a bit:

http://www.hemmings.com/hmn/stories/2012/12/01/hmn_feature1.html

Mostly written for people who haven't looked at Viper before. There is some history, some sample parts prices, a few parts resellers.

The 'What To Pay' guide is less realistic for at least some of the years (good luck in 2012 trying to find an average 1992 viper for $20,500, and the real-world high end of 1992 now for the museum pieces is more than $30,000).

The Hemmings front-page feature is good to bring more attention to the brand from collectors of other marques, but if newcomers are waiting to find something according to some of those prices, they will be waiting awhile (perhaps hence the reason...to buy more Hemmings subscription issues hoping to find that low-priced Viper somehow).

There is a shoutout to viperclub.org at the end of the article.

Last edited:

Early93Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I read it and looked at the "What to Pay" prices wasn't that impressed. Especially the GEN I prices seemed to be a bit off. Funny I thought my car and the rest of the GTS prices where pretty spot on though.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dsalameh