ACR Wing end plates

10PISTNZ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm posting this for a friend who doesn't frequent any Forums.
He has a 2009 Viper SRT10 Coupe with the 21B Customer Preferred Package.
With this package the car came with the ACR rear winged spoiler with solid end plates (no slots)
In 2010 the same car came with 2 slots in the end plates. We went to Chrysler and ordered the end plates using the vin# from a 2010 ACR having the slotted end plates. When the parts came in they were solid. Our dealer ( Raceway Chrysler in Rexdale ON Canada ) contacted the parts warehouse and all the plates in stock were solid. Both years show the same part # for the plates despite one being different. Anyone know the correct part # ?
Or can someone assist us in sourcing the correct plates?

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
same deal on 08 and up floor mats, order some for a 08 or up, and get 06 down mats... every time, everywhere

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The 08/09 endplates are specifially designed for the same year wing. The 08-09 ACR's downforce is designed more for straight line performance. In 2010 the entire wing and endplates were tweaked to handle corners better. Yes the parts are interchangleable but they do not work well together so changing the endplates from an 08/09 to a 2010 is not reccomended.

Bruce

OP
OP

10PISTNZ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The 08/09 endplates are specifially designed for the same year wing. The 08-09 ACR's downforce is designed more for straight line performance. In 2010 the entire wing and endplates were tweaked to handle corners better. Yes the parts are interchangleable but they do not work well together so changing the endplates from an 08/09 to a 2010 is not reccomended.

Bruce

Good point!
The car will never be pushed to it's limits so that won't be an issue:smirk:

Unless he leaves me the keys for a weekend:drive:

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
call don scharf here on this forum, he may have a pair

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think I have a set of carbon ones in the classifieds, biggest issue will be removing teh bolts that hold his end plates on, the first year or 2 production were superglued/locktited in place and would rip teh fastener received right out of the wing if you tried to remove them.

OP
OP

10PISTNZ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
call don scharf here on this forum, he may have a pair

I heard back from Paul Scharf and they don't have any.
Thanks. But I'm not interested in an aftermarket piece.
Anybody know of any or can point me in the direction of the OEM supplier?

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can I ask what you are trying to accomplish by mismatching the 2010 endplates to and 2009 wing since they operate differently?

Bruce

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a brand new slotted 2010 end plate that I never used. Drivers side.
It's black. If you can somehow locate the passenger side your good.
Make me an offer.

shooter_t1

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Can I ask what you are trying to accomplish by mismatching the 2010 endplates to and 2009 wing since they operate differently?

Bruce

It's probably a visual upgrade as he mentioned that the car is not being driven hard. I can see his point as I prefer the look of the 2010 endplates over the 08/09 myself

OP
OP

10PISTNZ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a brand new slotted 2010 end plate that I never used. Drivers side.
It's black. If you can somehow locate the passenger side your good.
Make me an offer.

Jon, do you still have this end plate?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper