2013 Viper tears up the track

OP
OP
M

mnc2886

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not happy about Ralph's comments on the future transmission. I just hope it is an option. There better be a manual ACR...

bcmarly

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What you're unhappy that Ralph will offer an optional auto. He's thinking about the future viability of the Viper.

OP
OP
M

mnc2886

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What you're unhappy that Ralph will offer an optional auto. He's thinking about the future viability of the Viper.

Read my comment. I said I hope it is just an option. However, I have a feeling down the road it may be the only way. (EPA rules etc...) That's what I am unhappy about. I have accepted the Viper inevitably will have an auto, but I just don't like it. However, this is how you capture Audi/Porsche/Lambo/Ferrari crowd. You flash amazing statistics and technology that is coupled with the leather of their wife's dream purse. Forget nostalgia.

bcmarly

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did, it's non starter.

Read my comment. I said I hope it is just an option. However, I have a feeling down the road it may be the only way. (EPA rules etc...) That's what I am unhappy about. I have accepted the Viper inevitably will have an auto, but I just don't like it. However, this is how you capture Audi/Porsche/Lambo/Ferrari crowd. You flash amazing statistics and technology that is coupled with the leather of their wife's dream purse. Forget nostalgia.

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice video. If you never owned or driven a previous Gen Viper you would think from all the comments made that all those cars sucked....

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That was more like a Sunday stroll than tearing up any thing there lol..

ACRucrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice video. If you never owned or driven a previous Gen Viper you would think from all the comments made that all those cars sucked....

Aint that the truth. I'd say the comments of the Gen V bettering the "less superior" previous Vipers have reached the dead horse stage.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm worried about the fact that Ralph ordered a white car. Black cars are much faster. Note that he said the packaging of the auto tranny is a problem. Evidently, the applicable tranny does not fit. As bc said, when and if they get one that fits, it is likely to be an option - and not an inexpensive one.

Allan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, in comparison to the new car, the earlier cars do kinda ****. The funny thing is, that all the stuff that ***** about my car, is exactly the reason why I like it so much. Rude, crude, and unforgiving. A tail-happy handful to drive. The interior doesn't even bother me.

shooter_t1

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
The funny thing is, that all the stuff that ***** about my car, is exactly the reason why I like it so much. Rude, crude, and unforgiving. A tail-happy handful to drive. The interior doesn't even bother me.

Agreed. Allan nails it.:2tu:

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, in comparison to the new car, the earlier cars do kinda ****. The funny thing is, that all the stuff that ***** about my car, is exactly the reason why I like it so much. Rude, crude, and unforgiving. A tail-happy handful to drive. The interior doesn't even bother me.

Well said. :2tu::drive::2tu:

AFL in NJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I drove a 2008 at VOI 10 in detroit and was very impressed at how different it was than my Gen II, and better than the Gen III I had driven. (brakes and power were the things I noticed most)

I drove a 2013 at VOI 12 and the brakes, power and the way it didn't even chirp when I pushed it blew my mind. I think my next Viper (on top of the one I never plan to give up) will be a Gen IV. I still have to become a better driver and I think a Gen IV will allow me to do that, so that when I do step in a Gen V I'll enjoy it all the more.

Regards,
Aaron

chorps

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Would like to see a 2010 ACR head-to-head vs. the Gen V with a track pack.

The Gens I - IV may be crude compared to the Gen V but in many ways it's kind of the same direction that Porsche took with the 911 turbo. From Evil Weevil to the Daily Supercar. For the Porsche people that want the crazy hairy-chested beast there is always the 911 GT2, hopefully there will always be the unkempt crazy-eyed uncle in the SRT Viper corner known as the ACR/GTS-R.

Viperless

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Well said. :2tu::drive::2tu:

I'll third that. If I wanted a luxury car loaded with techno wizardry and nanny devices, I wouldn't have bought my Vipers. I begrudgingly gave in to throttle by wire. :( That's where I draw the line.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456