Used market flood

tbsviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Flood. Interesting word. How many Vipers were flooded by Sandy, written off, and the owners have checks in hand to buy another? Any guesses? Will that tighten the market.
suggest you consider starting a thread with this question. My relatives all in NJ. I was in Toms River area a few weeks ago helping with recovery. News reports don't do justice to scope of damage in Jersey and New York. Would be interesting survey. Back to original Q.

denniskgb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
suggest you consider starting a thread with this question. My relatives all in NJ. I was in Toms River area a few weeks ago helping with recovery. News reports don't do justice to scope of damage in Jersey and New York. Would be interesting survey. Back to original Q.

Just wanted to let you know that Manheim auto auction ran late model cars last week with a disclaimer "car has been through a storm". That could mean anything...use your imagination. So check Carfax, do not bother with Auto Check ( i am a dealer and auto check comes handy to dealers advantage by missing a lot of key information).
Also i had an in-house auto loan total loss due to Sandy. I was told by the insurance company about strict guidelines for junk yards to crush these cars, no resale.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Carfax reported my recently traded in ACR to have been through a storm as well, despite it sitting in Dallas for weeks before the storm hit.
They are basing it off of some location parameter that may or may not even apply.

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Carfax reported my recently traded in ACR to have been through a storm as well, despite it sitting in Dallas for weeks before the storm hit.
They are basing it off of some location parameter that may or may not even apply.

I guess it's time for me to Carfax my own car then:crazy2:

mnc2886

Enthusiast
Reaction score

That ***** for the Lambo dealership that just bought it and the next owner...

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
SO - back on topic .....

A few points on why I believe the market for Vipers will remain stable:

1) Many new Gen 5 owners are going to be NEW Viper owners - those that were intimidated by the old, rude, crude Vipers that many of us love.
2) The big difference in price between the Gen 5 and all the previous models
3) The new Viper is going to increase awareness and excitement which will attract new buyers for all of the previous generations

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That ***** for the Lambo dealership that just bought it and the next owner...

It's been sold, and they have ample proof it wasn't even in this area when the storm hit us.
My immediate area had no damaging flooding anyway fortunately.

09 Venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agree 100% with these points.
SO - back on topic .....

A few points on why I believe the market for Vipers will remain stable:

1) Many new Gen 5 owners are going to be NEW Viper owners - those that were intimidated by the old, rude, crude Vipers that many of us love.
2) The big difference in price between the Gen 5 and all the previous models
3) The new Viper is going to increase awareness and excitement which will attract new buyers for all of the previous generations

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score

My 03 Viper I traded this summer had a report that it was in a ESDA disaster area. Well, for a short time a man from Mississippi owned the car during the time of Katrina... So, apparently all (or most) of Mississippi was declared an ESDA disaster area and all cars owned in that region during that time would then have that designation whether they were damaged or not.

I had mine inspected and it showed no signs of any flood or other damage yet no dealer around here would give me a good bid on my trade because they were afraid they could not sell the car, and that included the place I bought it from. Fortunately, a dealer in Michigan (Seelye Wright) dimissed that situation and gave me a bid (hard dollars now) that was $4K higher than anyone near me including the dealer I bought the Viper from. He sold the car within a month and made a good profit. Good for him--he gave me a good deal and he made a profit! Even though he is 4 hours away I will be a return customer.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456