2002 GTS

Stealth22

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I am still looking for a Viper and have run across a 2002 GTS nearby with 37,000 miles. It is a one owner car and by looking it over, it has a gen III brake upgrade, 18 & 19 inch CCW wheels, and smooth intake tubes. Other than this, it is stock and looks great. The downside is it has an accident on the history report. The dealer claims there was no frame damage, but they have no additional information an the accident. Looking at it, whatever the accident was, it seems to have been properly repaired as there are no signs of bodywork or paint. They are asking 35k for it. Obviously having it inspected would be the best bet, but assuming all looks well, does this price seem reasonable? Here is a link to the history report if anyone has any information on this particular car. http://www.carfax.com/VehicleHistory/p/Report.cfx?partner=ECL_0&vin=1B3ER69E02V101074

Last edited:

djviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It might be a one "previoius" owner car, as it looks like it was leased and then purchased. The latest sale was recent and it hasn't been driven much since, likely it was purchased withe intent of repairing and flipping. He should be able to show you photos of the car before it was repaired, have receipts for the repair, and also let you know what he paid for the car

Zee

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I am still looking for a Viper and have run across a 2002 GTS nearby with 37,000 miles. It is a one owner car and by looking it over, it has a gen III brake upgrade, 18 inch HRE wheels, and smooth intake tubes. Other than this, it is stock and looks great. The downside is it has an accident on the history report. The dealer claims there was no frame damage, but they have no additional information an the accident. Looking at it, whatever the accident was, it seems to have been properly repaired as there are no signs of bodywork or paint. They are asking 35k for it. Obviously having it inspected would be the best bet, but assuming all looks well, does this price seem reasonable? Here is a link to the history report if anyone has any information on this particular car. http://www.carfax.com/VehicleHistory/p/Report.cfx?partner=ECL_0&vin=1B3ER69E02V101074

seems a bit high for that mileage and being in an accident. 30-32k seems fair.

Fuoss484

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Is this it? http://fyiauto.com/cars-sale/cars-f...r=2002&make=Dodge&model=Viper&city=Sun+Valley. If so its a great color combo. Price seems fair. Accident should not hurt a vechicle, as long as it was repaired correctly. Alot of cars have had repairs made to them, an never reported to carfax or autocheck. Just get a PPI dont by someone who knows what they are doing / looking for. If the dealer wont let you, I would definatly walk away.

Last edited:

Mutts02GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
^ If it is this one, it also has aftermarket cruise control installed. You can see the module on the two photos of the engine bay. I have that cruise control as well, very nice for long trips if you have long legs! 6' 2" here

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I believe that I know that car. I will PM you some contact info. If it is the same car, you will have found a keeper.

Jeebs

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If you are planning on keeping it, I wouldn't worry about it if the inspection turns out good. Id say around 32K. Straight is straight. Great colour combo. That was almost my first buy.
GL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper