Stryker Red

rw99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seriously, I can't wait to see one in person. And I'm pretty sure I'll tell the owner, "...well done, bud"

laszmann

Viper Owner
Reaction score
$14,600 is likely the correct answer ---definitely not $500 extra in Canada , though would not doubt that someone could have included it wrongly in the computer for Canadian orders. In the US it is not even listed in the order bank under colors .
This is likely due to the fact that the color was available only by allocation since so few could be done.

It is now official at $14,600. See http://www.drivesrt.com/news/2012/09/pricing-announced-for-2013-srt-viper-models.html

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The 2013 Viper, in any color or build combination - is not going to be a collectors car - no matter how badly people want it to be true. Over the last decade we have had what - two cars that have gained value? The Ford GT and ...? Even awesome limited production cars like the carrera gt have lost a lot of value.

Stryker Red is beautiful and I won't fault anyone for getting it. But the price to get anything fixed is a bit too rich for my blood. I hope those that do order it drive the car and enjoy it!

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hear what you are saying but collectibility isn't established over a decade. The launch editions may have some collector potential and possibly the Stryker red if it's on a super high optioned car but I wouldn't bank on it either.

The 2013 Viper, in any color or build combination - is not going to be a collectors car - no matter how badly people want it to be true. Over the last decade we have had what - two cars that have gained value? The Ford GT and ...? Even awesome limited production cars like the carrera gt have lost a lot of value.

Stryker Red is beautiful and I won't fault anyone for getting it. But the price to get anything fixed is a bit too rich for my blood. I hope those that do order it drive the car and enjoy it!

CHAP4034

Viper Owner
Reaction score
MMMMM ..... I's a $500.00 option in my code guide ????
We will see when the ordering system opened in a few days !!

You must be registered for see images attach

viperbilliam

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, to all of you naysayers, I placed confirmed my order today for Stryker Red. After reading all of these, (essentially) negative posts, I thought I'd say why. First off, anyone who buys a car and considers it a good investment should have his head examined. It will depreciate, period. Secondly, when you spend more than 120 thousand dollars shouldn't you get what you want?
The Stryker Red is an amazing color, in my opinion and that's why I ordered it. Whether it's rare, difficult to formulate...is irrelevant to me. Anyone who has seen it in person has to admit it is truly amazing with a depth that can't be reproduced in pictures. I will drive it, it won't be a garage queen.
Anyway, just thought I'd let everyone know why I ordered it. To each his own, right?

Kudos to you. When the color means that much to you, you should get it. Fortunately you doing well enough to afford it even though you would rather pay less, I'm sure. I like the color a lot myself and would probably get it if I could easily afford it. That color will certainly stand out to the public but hopefully not attract the wrong attention and get scratched.

OP
OP
vipernut

vipernut

VCA International Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
That's so cool! I hope it IS $500!! up here in Canada!

And ordering opening up in a few days?! That'd be great....then Santa could bring me what I want for Christmas (eh-Bill?!)!

But I think more than likely we're gonna have to wait until next year.

I'd LOVE to be wrong about this.

Last edited:

Chelseasnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
MMMMM ..... I's a $500.00 option in my code guide ????
We will see when the ordering system opened in a few days !!

You must be registered for see images attach
you think the orders will open up for us in canada next week? if so who told you? i hope it is true.

Killer33

Viper Owner
Reaction score
That's some kind of currency exchange rate... Hope the cost is accurate but it doesn't sound promising. Well, if orders do open up and you're able to secure an order for Stryker Red at $500, let us know... inquiring minds would like to know?

OP
OP
vipernut

vipernut

Venom Member
Reaction score
Nah...you're wrong Chelseasnake...my source (who shall remain nameless LOL ) says we're getting a few!

And I just want one!

OP
OP
vipernut

vipernut

Venom Member
Reaction score
That's very true.
However it's not the exclusivity that I like...(altho that's good too!)....it's just the colour itself...(although I've never seen it in person..L0L !)....that I love.

It's gonnabe STRYKER RED or nothing for me.

Killer33

Viper Owner
Reaction score
viper nut; I say Go with your gut! Anything else or any other color would be just settling. Besides, with all the pictures and video's out there... that car, in that color, would haunt you!

VENOM V

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This sounds nuts to me, even as I type this. I am now the future owner of a Stryker Red GTS :D

I had already placed my order for a black GTS with gunmetal stripes in November, the first day ordering was open. I had tried to order a Stryker Red, but this is before pricing and availability hit me on the head like a sledge hammer. My dealer has only been a Viper dealer for a few years, and was unable to get Stryker Red. That was in mid-November. Fast forward to 2 nights ago...

I got a call from my dealer. He has a Launch Edition still unspoken for, that another dealer really wanted. He said jokingly that the only way that he'd give up the LE is in trade for a Stryker Red. To his surprise, the other dealer had a customer that cancelled his Stryker Red order a few days ago, so he said yes he would make the trade. So I had this opportunity to get the color that I fell in lust with long ago. After going over the obvious and significant disadvantages of a color that cost way too much and can't be matched or touched up, I decided to throw caution to the wind and go for it.

I'm not a collector, nor could I afford to be. I believe cars are meant to be driven, especially the Viper. Driven hard, including on the track a few times a year. Ralph Gilles says that it'd be crazy to track a Stryker Red, but I'm going to. Clear bra, lots of tape and extra plastic, and here I go! This is definitely not the smart thing to do, but what the hell. You only live once.

Carpe diem!

Policy Limits

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i really like the stryker red! it was my wife's vote but I've had dark red on the lambo for 3.5 years and needed a change (actually name of color was "Rosso Leto") Considered the LE initially but decided i'd get sick of the colors/stripe and they felt a bit juvenile after all to me. So I went with Shadow Blue. I like both stryker and shadow because the colors are dark & mature yet colored and not black. Great choices with stripe delete and sepia. IMO the best two paint choices. I got off easy though cuz Shadow Blue was only an extra grand. Please post pics on arrival:D

VENOM V

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i really like the stryker red! it was my wife's vote but I've had dark red on the lambo for 3.5 years and needed a change (actually name of color was "Rosso Leto") Considered the LE initially but decided i'd get sick of the colors/stripe and they felt a bit juvenile after all to me. So I went with Shadow Blue. I like both stryker and shadow because the colors are dark & mature yet colored and not black. Great choices with stripe delete and sepia. IMO the best two paint choices. I got off easy though cuz Shadow Blue was only an extra grand. Please post pics on arrival:D

Would you believe that just last night I was debating between Stryker Red and Shadow Blue? The Shadow Blue is repairable, especially with no stripes. If you get damage in a quarter panel, a competent shop can match it without repainting the whole car. Not the case for Stryker Red, I've been told. I've heard from those who've seen it in person that the Shadow Blue is striking with the Sepia leather. I agree they are two of the best colors, although I'd throw black with gunmetal stripes in the winner's circle as well. Hard to go wrong on a color with these beautiful machines.

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats, enjoy it in good health. With all the whites, I have been pondering changing my color choice - but I think I'll enjoy it.

BPAG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats Venom V!! I happen to know your dealer [Paul] and he is an awesome guy and just as passionate about the Viper as any of us are.