Stryker Red

bcmarly

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's not a dark red as it has a lot of orange hues. The lighting determines the hues brought forward: from candy apple, to orange etc...It's as close to a trick paint as you can get.

i really like the stryker red! it was my wife's vote but I've had dark red on the lambo for 3.5 years and needed a change (actually name of color was "Rosso Leto") Considered the LE initially but decided i'd get sick of the colors/stripe and they felt a bit juvenile after all to me. So I went with Shadow Blue. I like both stryker and shadow because the colors are dark & mature yet colored and not black. Great choices with stripe delete and sepia. IMO the best two paint choices. I got off easy though cuz Shadow Blue was only an extra grand. Please post pics on arrival:D

bcmarly

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congratulations!! Check your PM.

Would you believe that just last night I was debating between Stryker Red and Shadow Blue? The Shadow Blue is repairable, especially with no stripes. If you get damage in a quarter panel, a competent shop can match it without repainting the whole car. Not the case for Stryker Red, I've been told. I've heard from those who've seen it in person that the Shadow Blue is striking with the Sepia leather. I agree they are two of the best colors, although I'd throw black with gunmetal stripes in the winner's circle as well. Hard to go wrong on a color with these beautiful machines.

VENOM V

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats, enjoy it in good health. With all the whites, I have been pondering changing my color choice - but I think I'll enjoy it.

I took a quick count on the Gen V's purchased and listed on this site, so far:
7 Whites, in various flavors
3 Stryker Reds
1 Black/gunmetal
1 Gunmetal/black
1 Shadow Blue
1 Launch Edition
1 Yellow
1 Red

Yep, Whites and Stryker Reds on every corner. As common as Vettes, LOL

madninjaskillz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
First off, except for the damn head lights and not painting the cross-haired grill, I love the new Viper. BUT,

This represents a huge fail from SRT. The reason being, they aren't offering a 14k CCB option or something else performance related but Rainbow Bright's favorite color red made it on the list with a ridiculously stupid mark up. I get that they want to market the car to poser pu**ies as well as true performance enthusiasts, but this shows a glaring inconsistency of what the Viper has always been. As long as we're talking about colors, we get Strawberry shortcake but no SSG?? /facepalm x2

Last edited:

chorps

Enthusiast
Reaction score
First off except for the damn head lights and not painting the cross-haired grill, I love the new Viper. BUT,

This represents a huge fail from SRT. The reason being, they aren't offering a 14k CCB option or something else performance related but Rainbow Bright's favorite color red made it on the list with a ridiculously stupid mark up. I get that they want to market the car to poser pu**ies as well as true performance enthusiasts, but this shows a glaring inconsistency of what the Viper has always been. As long as we're talking about colors, we get Strawberry shortcake but no SSG?? /facepalm x2

Hoping they offer an ACR model that is $140k that has CCB, MR shocks, a cheater differential, forced induction (for 800hp), aero junk, SRT interior (cloth etc.), better track tires and SRT hood. The other feel good stuff (leather etc. can be optional). Transmission can be flappy paddle or 6-speed. Oh yeah, and an unlocked engine controller...with an option that allows you to shoot flames out the exhaust. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIrt8K9OizY

madninjaskillz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hoping they offer an ACR model that is $140k that has CCB, MR shocks, a cheater differential, forced induction (for 800hp), aero junk, SRT interior (cloth etc.), better track tires and SRT hood. The other feel good stuff (leather etc. can be optional). Transmission can be flappy paddle or 6-speed. Oh yeah, and an unlocked engine controller...with an option that allows you to shoot flames out the exhaust. :D

If they offer an ACR with those amenities, that would be amazing and put them back on track to be a world ******. I hope you guys at SRT are listening. We have money waiting on the table. =)

Policy Limits

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Would you believe that just last night I was debating between Stryker Red and Shadow Blue? The Shadow Blue is repairable, especially with no stripes. If you get damage in a quarter panel, a competent shop can match it without repainting the whole car. Not the case for Stryker Red, I've been told. I've heard from those who've seen it in person that the Shadow Blue is striking with the Sepia leather. I agree they are two of the best colors, although I'd throw black with gunmetal stripes in the winner's circle as well. Hard to go wrong on a color with these beautiful machines.

i feel u on the dilemma. I just couldnt go any shade of red stryker or andrenaline after having a red lambo for 3.5 years. bentley is diamond black so thats out. Kept coming back to Shadow Blue. Your car is running near a launch edition number in terms of price/value. good for u!! I agree get what u want! Its gonna look siiiick with sepia. I think my car is gonna too!! Gotta go with stripe delete on the colors we've chosen. Now if they were offerring snake skin green with with generation as an option, then we'd have had even more to consider!

doctorbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We need a real count.

Most common color will be:
Blue and White GTS...
Adrenaline Red SRTs...They are doing a specific run of SRTs with Track Pack, black interior and red seat belts( The cars come with something else but I forgot..for 108,***)
GTS without stripes......lots of whites
Who knows
Stryker Red

05Commemorative

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Confused by your Forced induction for an ACR. If using for a track car (the purpose of the ACR), then you do not want forced induction. I am assuming you just really want more power, but forced induction is a heatsoak problem waiting to happen after 5 hard laps.

chorps

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Confused by your Forced induction for an ACR. If using for a track car (the purpose of the ACR), then you do not want forced induction. I am assuming you just really want more power, but forced induction is a heatsoak problem waiting to happen after 5 hard laps.

I think that heat management is a problem that can be solved with proper engineering. After all, the ZR1, McLaren, GT-R, 911 turbos, and Veyrons are available with forced induction from the factory. I think a lot of add on solutions can be limited by heat soak or are too agressive in trying to put out big numbers over longer term solutions. Turbo racing cars have been around for a long time too, like the IMSA Nissan GTP, F1 cars and Porsche 962C. Those beasts seemed to do pretty good lap after lap.

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why is someone trying to sabotage every thread by derailing it. No one one this thread cares if you don't like the car or why you think SRT should have spent money somewhere else. It's about guys who are actually buying the car and want to talk about colors..............

doctorbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Go for it Camfab.
I cannot believe the number of totally irrational posts we are seeing on the Generation V forum on multiple threads.:dunno:

chorps

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry...I couldn't resist feeding the (original) troll. :smirk:

Can't wait to see Stryker Red. Expensive as all get out but I'd probably do it.

05Commemorative

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think that heat management is a problem that can be solved with proper engineering. After all, the ZR1, McLaren, GT-R, 911 turbos, and Veyrons are available with forced induction from the factory. I think a lot of add on solutions can be limited by heat soak or are too agressive in trying to put out big numbers over longer term solutions. Turbo racing cars have been around for a long time too, like the IMSA Nissan GTP, F1 cars and Porsche 962C. Those beasts seemed to do pretty good lap after lap.

ZR1 is not good lap after lap in this category, thus the reason you rarely see them on the track. 911Turbo is also not the track porsche of choice either. Veyron on a track??? I am just saying if you want a track beast, then know Forced Induction is much more trouble than it is worth.

don't get me wrong, love the power and whine a supercharger offers, particularly for short bursts, but would not want it on a track.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kevsmu4