Gen 5 Positive Reviews and Sales

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So we've seen a bunch of reviews from the press and other sources over the past few weeks and they have been very positive.

How many of you were on the fence with buying a Gen V and now really want one after seeing the reviews ?

How many of you would have bought a nice Gen3 or Gen4 or ACR and now will hold out for a Gen V based on the reviews ?

How many of you are now considering trading or selling a car that you would have otherwise kept for a Gen V be it now or even willing to wait to pull together the money for a deal ?

How many are holding out for real world performance stats ?

How many think that demand will outpace supply on 2013's pretty quickly ?

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have seen a lot of new faces here on the forum and recently and quite a few appear to be serious buyers and are asking good questions. The Viper is finally getting it's day in the sun and i suspect they will sell out. We need to embrace the new folks and guide them to be as passionette as we are. I for one am content with my 09 ACR but love the new car.

Bruce

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll be 1st time Viper owner. Wanted one forever. Not worried about the performance stats, it will be faster than I can handle!

Just waiting for delivery...

Forum has been a great resource. Between this forum and Ralphs outreach, it pretty much made up my mind for me.

OP
OP
V

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
After reading the reviews i want one 3 times as much as I did just weeks ago before seeing the reviews but the performance stats need to be at least marginally better than Gen4 and the ring time needs to be in the range of the 08 ACR 7:22 time.

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
With the one review stating engineers said it will do sub 3.0 0-60, i think the stats are going to be insane once finally released.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
With the number of folks we have that will be new Viper owners , it appears that this Forum and the Club will be growing with quite a few new members. The press has been spectacular , but thanks still go to the VCA and this Forum , as quite a few folks are telling us they got alot of information on the new car from right here!!

bcmarly

Enthusiast
Reaction score
-The reviews comfirmed my feelings that this was going to be an awesome car.
-This is the first Viper I've wanted to own and quite frankly I just never see them on the road. So it's difficult to want something you never see.
-Obviously I haven't seen any 2013's on the road, other than my brief time with the mules, but I love the lines.
-I wanted an American supercar whose interior is as nice as the exterior.
-I've owned Italian, British and German and they're just too expensive for what they are
-I already sold my car in anticipation of the new Viper.
-Ralph's commitment and knowledge of what makes a car a supercar.
-Sergio's commitment to Ralph and the fact that he knows a few things about supercars.

Policy Limits

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i've never owned a viper before but it always intrigued me. and i've always liked it. the closest i've come to pulling the trigger was in a showroom floor back in 2008 on a snakeskin green srt10 drop top. problem was I didnt feel like i fit in it properly and felt it was uncomfortable. so i didnt buy it. from what i've read about the interior and ability to accomodate big guy drivers thats all changed so i'm really excited about that finally. the styling kicks ass and the performance is just incredible. i havent read one bad review yet. just today on the srt FB page i saw a vid they posted about how the original engine build was done for the successor to the jalpa back in the late 80's since chrysler owned lamborghini at that time but instead they put together the viper mule with the 10 cylinder model and then went into production. thats some really cool history! the same gentleman is involved with the engine today 22 years later which is super cool. with the largest tires of any supercar in the world, one of the largest naturally aspirated engines and being 3rd in the world for hp to weight ratio behind only the veyron and the F12, and slightly ahead of the aventador, oh, and for 30% of the cost, yeah, you've got my attention. and my check book is ready. but man i just gotta have a launch edition ;)

VENOM V

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This will be my first supercar. There's no question that overwhelmingly positive reviews sealed the deal for me. I have always been enamored by the Viper's curves, but wouldn't have placed the order had it not been the complete package of performance, quality and reasonable comfort. I wanted something I can enjoy on weekend getaways with my lady as well as on the track. When you see the passion in some of the reviews such as Jalopnik and Yahoo Autos, there's no question Ralph and team have created something special. I've been really impressed with the quality of recent Chrysler products, so I have some faith that the Viper reliability will be relatively good, at least for a supercar. I'm trading up from a Challenger SRT8, which was rattle free and had flawless reliability.

A friend of mine has owned multiple Ferraris, Lambos and Porsches, and I've driven them all. I've done track days in a Corvette and an R8, but none of them stir my soul like the Viper. I have a large group of friends who are track rats, I absolutely can't wait to get out there with them. They're pretty excited as well, one of which is probably going to get one too.

Last edited:
OP
OP
V

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You new guys have been bitten ! But just wait until you get your cars and you lift that clam shell hood to reveal that bruising monster V10 and then you close it up and just stand back and visually scan that incredible curvaceous body. Then you jump in and bring the beast to life and rumble down the road with the thrust of a fighter jet departing the deck of an aircraft carrier. It will ruin every other car for you:headbang:

VENOM V

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You new guys have been bitten ! But just wait until you get your cars and you lift that clam shell hood to reveal that bruising monster V10 and then you close it up and just stand back and visually scan that incredible curvaceous body. Then you jump in and bring the beast to life and rumble down the road with the thrust of a fighter jet departing the deck of an aircraft carrier. It will ruin every other car for you:headbang:

Haha, yes and the venom has taken over my central nervous system. No turning back now!

kyleblix

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is true!

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hardest part is the wait. I am terribly impatient.

SilveRT8

Enthusiast
Reaction score

So true, after a ride in the Viper my '12 CTS-V is a good but boring car !

ferraritoviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<<How many of you were on the fence with buying a Gen V and now really want one after seeing the reviews ?>>

Put my deposit down DEC 2010...nuff said :)

ACRucrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So we've seen a bunch of reviews from the press and other sources over the past few weeks and they have been very positive.

How many of you were on the fence with buying a Gen V and now really want one after seeing the reviews ?
Yep, really want one. The more reviews I see, the more I want one.

How many of you would have bought a nice Gen3 or Gen4 or ACR and now will hold out for a Gen V based on the reviews ?
I own a 1 of 1 '08 Aero Coupe. Still want a Gen V and am still considering trying to come up with some scratch and trade the '08 in for one.

How many of you are now considering trading or selling a car that you would have otherwise kept for a Gen V be it now or even willing to wait to pull together the money for a deal ?
Still considering it. Would have have to order exactly what I want. SRT with track pack and CF or ACR if its offered in 2014.

How many are holding out for real world performance stats ?
No need to hold out, it will kick ass for sure.

How many think that demand will outpace supply on 2013's pretty quickly ?
I think an annual production number of 1000-2000 will be more than enough. Still have left over 2009s and 2010s sitting on lots..

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For someone that drag races it is not hard to do sub 3 sec 60's with the right tires in a viper and that is not with launch control.

SlateEd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was not even thinking about it before the rush of good press and now I am at least really anxious to see one in person.

On the other hand many of the reviews have taken the tone that the new Viper is "finally a serious performance car" because it has better build quality, nicer materials, and more accessible power for the average driver... That tone is so frustrating it almost makes me feel like buying a gen 4 just because. I mean it seems like the reviewers have forgotten that the outgoing Viper is the fastest production car in the world... The gen 5 may be more refined, but let's give credit where it is due... The articles should sound like "the new viper has been redesigned to continue to stand atop the automotive performance world and to do it more comfortably..."

madninjaskillz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was not even thinking about it before the rush of good press and now I am at least really anxious to see one in person.

On the other hand many of the reviews have taken the tone that the new Viper is "finally a serious performance car" because it has better build quality, nicer materials, and more accessible power for the average driver... That tone is so frustrating it almost makes me feel like buying a gen 4 just because. I mean it seems like the reviewers have forgotten that the outgoing Viper is the fastest production car in the world... The gen 5 may be more refined, but let's give credit where it is due... The articles should sound like "the new viper has been redesigned to continue to stand atop the automotive performance world and to do it more comfortably..."

This has been said before but I absolutely agree. I love my Gen3 and it rides and drives very well for me. I feel like one of the most comfortable drives cross country I've ever done was in my first Viper, which was a black 03. Usually my back starts hating cars after 4 hours or so, but with this car, I didn't feel it much over the 3 days it took me to drive from SC to WA.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth