Thread: Installed New Pedals

Reply to Thread
    Viper Owner

Default Installed New Pedals

So I've been wanting to upgrade the pedals on the car but could not find anything decent. So during my search I came across a company that made Porsche pedals. When I called him to see if we could do something custom he tells me he was a Viper owner in the past and had some designs done for them! Even better he had a set for the GTS done! The company is SRP Racing. They are machined in the USA by them. Great pedals!

I got the following set. The brake and clutch are identical with an aggressive pattern on the tread. It is impossible to slip off the pedals. The accelerator is dead smooth with the heel/toe extension. The smooth finish lets you slide your foot on the accelerator pedal. A some for heel / toe driving. While I have not tracked the car, I can tell you it was awesome to drive on mountain roads in Virginia.

The pedals...

The pedal surface detail. The nibs are very sharp and they work perfectly to eliminate all slippage concerns.

Not going to get into a huge amount of detail but let's just say I took a great deal of care to get alignment perfect. I did it with bright masking tape so I could see it through the pedal's holes. I then clamped the pedals in place. From there I marked (with a punch) and drilled a pilot hole on the brake and clutch. I then drilled the hole to the required size and bolted them in place. On the accelerator I aligned and drilled pilot holes for the screws (wood screws provided). I then placed two face molding tape on the pedal and then screwed it down. Between the tape and screws, it's not moving.

This is a shot showing how I used the tape.

Below is the shot of the installed pedals..

Enthusiast

Default Re: Installed New Pedals

Very cool... Thanks for sharing! I like the design and the smooth gas peddle. How much?

Viper Owner

The pedals ran about $120 shipped. Until just recently, the other pedals I had been looking at where made by Ultimate Pedals. They just dropped their prices. They used to be in the $200 range. Now I guess the volume has dropped off and so have prices. When I bought these I was getting a cost over $200.

Enthusiast

What type of screws attaches them? I would assume on the brake and clutch they are machine screws with nuts on the back, but what goes in to the plastic gas pedal? And did the location of the screws interfere with the webbing and linkage on the back of the gas pedal? Those do look good.

Viper Owner

looks like they attach from sides of pedal with no drilling

Viper Owner

Very nice looking and fuctional. Good find Luisv. Thanks for posting this thread. Im sure SRP Racing will be thanking you in the future for all the calls they will be getting for Viper pedals. I'll prob order a set if i have some spare cash after the holidays.

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by bluesrt View Post
    Umm kaa. Better lay off the shine when posting. This here be the technical area.

Viper Owner

looke here 0000 get back to clunker n hush up- and stop asking common sense questions

Viper Owner

Tee he he he ^^^^^ You two!!

Those pedals look great but I think you need some nicer floor mats to match. The ones you have now look like a bath tub non slip mat. No offense.

Viper Owner

These are for a GTS? What's the difference between these & the ones for an RT/10?

Viper Owner

Quote Originally Posted by dave6666 View Post
    What type of screws attaches them? I would assume on the brake and clutch they are machine screws with nuts on the back, but what goes in to the plastic gas pedal? And did the location of the screws interfere with the webbing and linkage on the back of the gas pedal? Those do look good.
    The screws on the accelerator are countersunk wood screws. They are about 3/4 inch long if I recall. The screw right into the plastic but not far enough to bother the linkage and spring behind the pedal. I put some good two face tape behind the pedal as well. Between the thin foam tape and screws it is on there very well.

Viper Owner

Quote Originally Posted by mattdillon View Post
    These are for a GTS? What's the difference between these & the ones for an RT/10?
    There is none. I simply mention the GTS b/c it's my car. Pedals are the same.

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Luisv View Post
    The screws on the accelerator are countersunk wood screws. They are about 3/4 inch long if I recall. The screw right into the plastic but not far enough to bother the linkage and spring behind the pedal. I put some good two face tape behind the pedal as well. Between the thin foam tape and screws it is on there very well.
    Well blu, who's the smart one now?

Anyway, thanks to the OP for the reply / explanation. The double sided tape is a great idea. I have some 2" wide stuff laying around so I'm all set.

Viper Owner

you seem to be the winner!!!!! wich trailer park do you want me to send you your trophy?
    Last edited by bluesrt; 12-09-2012 at 12:57 PM.

Enthusiast

you seem to be the winner!!!!! wich trailer park do you want me to send you your trophy?
    One that has no grammar or spelling rules would get you in.

Viper Owner

Default lol.............

Lol.........

Viper Owner

Quote Originally Posted by Luisv View Post
    Wood screws and double sided tape? With some of you guys with duck feet somehow I don't think it will stay put!

Viper Owner

Be glad the Gen 2 had somewhat decent pedal spacing for proper heel toeing at the track as the Gen 4 really lacks this. The pedals are too close. Lets hope they get it right in the new model. Mazda and Lotus are a perfect example of how they should be.

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Sybil TF View Post
    Wood screws and double sided tape? That's exactly how I would have done it, but I'm no smarter than a duck!
    TommyFox. Whaddup.

Viper Owner

Quote Originally Posted by dave6666 View Post
    TommyFox. Whaddup.
    Te he he. Say hello to the the Finster for me!!!