Gen IV Header Install Tips and Tricks Wanted

F

FrgMstr

I have been searching the forums for several days now trying to get on top of doing a header swap in my garage. Stock to Belanger. Will likely be going Woodhouse motor mounts as well. Have I missed a thread or a comprehensive how-to on this and any special tools needed? Any tips, tricks, and documentation are appreciated. Thanks.

ipetrov

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As far as I know, the gen IV engine block and the car's frame should be the same as in the gen III (hardware changes mostly to the heads and some internals, obviously different headers too), so hopefully the gen III illustrated guide should be somewhat helpful. Good luck!

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As far as I know, the gen IV engine block and the car's frame should be the same as in the gen III (hardware changes mostly to the heads and some internals, obviously different headers too), so hopefully the gen III illustrated guide should be somewhat helpful. Good luck!

The GEN IV engine is completely different. Block would not be the same.

ACRsnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
you will have to lift motor (tilt + lift ) to get out the OEM headers
use wood planks to lift
put anti seize on bolts
some bolts are not accessible to tighten !! i have 1000 miles on my ACRX set on my 09 ACR and left out 2 !!! as i can not reach them ( will tackle this thing next weekend)
watch out you do not switch sides by mistake - not the headers but the cut outs (ask me where i know !!! )
wrap oxygen sensors wires in heat protection
may have to take off valve covers on passenger side (i did !!)
watch out not to scratch car fenders
will make a good difference in power , i changed it with ported intake + K&N at the same time and gain was good !!

am.mscl

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have not done this but had multiple folks (1 was Chuck Tator) that you have to move electrical wiring and clutch fluid line away from the headers on the back side of the motor. They can melt.

Reaction score
Also make sure you use the FACTORY exhaust gaskets and not the cheap paper ones that come with some headers.

As far as the mounts, we have dozens of stock cars with them also with no issues.

OP
OP
F

FrgMstr

And thank you for getting the Woodhouse Motor and Tranny Mounts on the way Mark!

And I bought the OE gaskets as well.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper