Almost a new owner...can I post here yet?

OP
OP
C

Cozmo420

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cozmo, Holy crap! That is the same combo I am searching for! SO JEALOUS!!! Much Congrats!!!

I was watching that on the website it was listed on (will not say just cause not my place)...let me know how your experience is with that dealer.

Post pics!

Ron

I rolled into my driveway at about 6:30 last night after a 5 hour drive back from picking it up. What a ride back! I took it easy so I could learn the car, but being the first time driving one of these monsters, it's an experience. It will also take some time getting used to people stopping to look at the car and asking me questions about it. I stopped at a couple of rest stops to stretch my legs on the way back and people stopped to look as they walked by, walked around it and asked me about it when I was near by. My daily driver is an F150 - no one stops and stares and asks me about that. Ha!

I was planning on buying one in the spring, but decided to jump on this one now because of it being a Gen IV, the low miles and the color combo. I couldn't help myself. I've never dealt with a dealer like this one before. It wasn't bad, but just very different. You literally walk into their facility, check in and get one of those little coaster things that lights up and vibrates (like at a restaurant) when they are ready for you, and blast through the paperwork. No hassles, no trying to up sell you on any extra warranties or anything if you don't want it, etc. I was in and out in about an hour and 15 minutes and it would have been faster had they not needed to replace the battery. It was on the showroom floor for a few weeks and hadn't been started at all.

I'll try and get the car to a good place for a few pictures this weekend.

franchise

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cosmo,

SO COOL!!! Like a "drive-through" dealership...have you or had any viper people inspect the car prior?

Did you go with an extended warranty?

Ron

OP
OP
C

Cozmo420

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cosmo,

SO COOL!!! Like a "drive-through" dealership...have you or had any viper people inspect the car prior?

Did you go with an extended warranty?

Ron

I did neither. Hopefully I won't regret not getting a full inspection prior. The dealer provides a limited warranty for 3 months, so I'm covered for any major issues. I need to find someone local to take a look at it (don't know where to start to find a specialized person though).

I'm looking into an extended warranty that I'll get separately. The dealer's third party provider doesn't provide a warranty on a Viper.

Nsane1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not sure who the Ft Worth guys use, but Musclehead in Lewisville is a third party shop with viper tech that we all use. As far as dealers, grapevine is good and sort of in between us... Welcome aboard, hope to see you at an event...

You can post in our NTX web forum, and I also recommend signing up for our yahoo group (I believe I sent you a newsletter last week with that info).

YOu also mentioned a clear bra, Moonshadow does good clear bras on vipers. All these guys I mention are local club sponsors, and they have all been VERY tested to work with our cars. I'm sorry I don't have anything closer to you tho...

Last edited:

VYPR BYT 94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cozmo, those pics are great. Love the car.

just a thought...
if you know how to photoshop or have a friend that does, do a pic of the car with blacked out wheels. You just might see a whole new look to fall in love with. :)
Mike

franchise

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks! I also second the black wheels! WOW!

I saw one in sugarland texas for sale, but the owner wont return my calls/emails. It is the VVO with black rims...WOW.

Happy Driving!

franchise

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

This is the one I am trying to find the owner on....

R

OP
OP
C

Cozmo420

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

This is the one I am trying to find the owner on....

R

Nice - the black wheels look awesome. Good luck getting in touch with the seller. I will never understand why some people put something up for sale and then never return calls/emails about it.

Jeweler

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey I'm a new guy , been a Viper owner,lifestyler for about 5 years . Looking to meet up with some Viper owners in NJ.

GTS103

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, thars a nice welcome!..not so funny.. . Too bad there are a feew like that in every club..WELCOME MtnBiker! ! Congratulations on your new viper!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave