Almost a new owner...can I post here yet?

Cozmo420

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So, I'm not technically an owner yet, but I'm in the process of buying a 2008 Very Viper Orange vert with black stripes. I'm psyched! I'm nervous because I'm buying it sight unseen, but it's got a clean CarFax and only 2500 miles. Okay...that's it. Oh, hey everyone! I've been lurking for a little while, but I'm officially here now with a Viper on the way in the next few days.

MtnBiker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Spam!! What 's with 420 in your name? I take it you are a *** head.

denniskgb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cozmo? Short for Cosmopolitan? or Cozmonat? Oh heck with it, stop lurking and buy the damn car. Good luck with it anyway.:drive:

denniskgb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So, I'm not technically an owner yet, but I'm in the process of buying a 2008 Very Viper Orange vert with black stripes. I'm psyched! I'm nervous because I'm buying it sight unseen, but it's got a clean CarFax and only 2500 miles. Okay...that's it. Oh, hey everyone! I've been lurking for a little while, but I'm officially here now with a Viper on the way in the next few days.

By the way ALMOST DOES NOT COUNT:nono:

OP
OP
C

Cozmo420

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks, guys. I'll become a member as soon as I take possession and it's officially mine. Should be later this week or early next week, depending on if whether or not I fly in and drive it back or have it shipped to me.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Thats a sick color combination. Post up some pics when it arrives!

denniskgb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's a couple of the dealer pics.

You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

Awesome!!!! Have lots of fun with it. Take your time learning how to drive it. By the way there was a thread on driving "Yes and Nos" techniques, look it up it will definitely help you.

OP
OP
C

Cozmo420

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Awesome!!!! Have lots of fun with it. Take your time learning how to drive it. By the way there was a thread on driving "Yes and Nos" techniques, look it up it will definitely help you.

Thanks. I've read that thread and I've got a long drive from Houston back up to Fort Worth on Tuesday when I go pick it up. I'm flying down and driving it back up. I plan on being careful and taking my time. :)

MtnBiker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So I guess that makes MtnBiker the *** Head:lmao: Congrats on the car !

Actually not. 420 is a well known *** cryptonym. The jury is still out. But I'll admit I jumped to conclusion when this guy has the car. I would also suggest he change his name, but to each his own.

420 (cannabis culture)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
4/20

Observed by Cannabis counterculture, medical patients, legal reformers, entheogenic spiritualists
Type Secular
Date April 20
Observances Cannabis consumption
420, 4:20, or 4/20 (pronounced four-twenty) is a term used primarily in North America to refer to the consumption of cannabis and, by extension, a way to identify oneself with cannabis subculture. Observances based on the number include the time (4:20 p.m.) as well as the date (April 20).[1]

viper_itch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great looking car. Seen a similar one in person and they are real head turners.

1 of 14

OP
OP
C

Cozmo420

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actually not. 420 is a well known *** cryptonym. The jury is still out. But I'll admit I jumped to conclusion when this guy has the car. I would also suggest he change his name, but to each his own.

420 (cannabis culture)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
4/20

Observed by Cannabis counterculture, medical patients, legal reformers, entheogenic spiritualists
Type Secular
Date April 20
Observances Cannabis consumption
420, 4:20, or 4/20 (pronounced four-twenty) is a term used primarily in North America to refer to the consumption of cannabis and, by extension, a way to identify oneself with cannabis subculture. Observances based on the number include the time (4:20 p.m.) as well as the date (April 20).[1]

Bwhahahaha! For the record, Cozmo is the name of the first dog I had years ago and he died on April 20th. That's the story.

I came here because I'm excited that I am finally getting the car I've always wanted. I didn't come here to be harassed and accused to ridiculous stuff. I'm a married father of three and a Vice President at a Fortune 500 company. I have no time in my life for the garbage you are talking about.

Now, let's get back to talking about Vipers and leave this childish stuff behind. Thanks. :)

- Jon

MtnBiker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bwhahahaha! For the record, Cozmo is the name of the first dog I had years ago and he died on April 20th. That's the story.

I came here because I'm excited that I am finally getting the car I've always wanted. I didn't come here to be harassed and accused to ridiculous stuff. I'm a married father of three and a Vice President at a Fortune 500 company. I have no time in my life for the garbage you are talking about.

Now, let's get back to talking about Vipers and leave this childish stuff behind. Thanks. :)

- Jon

Good story. I apologize for offending you. Good luck with your purchase. If you pick it up in H-town I'll drive out to Conroe with you on your way out of town.

OP
OP
C

Cozmo420

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good story. I apologize for offending you. Good luck with your purchase. If you pick it up in H-town I'll drive out to Conroe with you on your way out of town.

No offense taken. Just wanted to set the record straight. Yeah - I'm picking it up in Stafford on Tuesday (south west of Houston, I think) and I'll be heading right through Houston and Conroe on the way back up home.

MtnBiker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No offense taken. Just wanted to set the record straight. Yeah - I'm picking it up in Stafford on Tuesday (south west of Houston, I think) and I'll be heading right through Houston and Conroe on the way back up home.

Glad to hear that. You will absolutely love driving this car. I had a Z06 and this car has brought an even larger smile to my face. Enjoy!,

Voodoo Rob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats on the car! Enjoy the drive, join the VCA and use the forums for any questions you might have. I have found that VCA members are informative and willing to help at anytime.

V

Venomiss

Welcome!

We hope you will join the VCA once you have picked up the Viper and stop smiling for a minute :)
https://www.viperclub.org/join/

Expect people to notice your Viper everywhere you go and ask questions.
You can always tell a Viper driver when they sweep sideways on the low areas of road or driveway to protect the front fascia from scraping. Yes, it is a bad sound you do not want to hear.
Consider clear bra if your Viper doesn't have it already. The local VCA region can give you referrals.
If you need help or have questions email [email protected] . Happy to help get you rolling!

OP
OP
C

Cozmo420

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome!

We hope you will join the VCA once you have picked up the Viper and stop smiling for a minute :)
https://www.viperclub.org/join/

Expect people to notice your Viper everywhere you go and ask questions.
You can always tell a Viper driver when they sweep sideways on the low areas of road or driveway to protect the front fascia from scraping. Yes, it is a bad sound you do not want to hear.
Consider clear bra if your Viper doesn't have it already. The local VCA region can give you referrals.
If you need help or have questions email [email protected] . Happy to help get you rolling!

I joined VCA a few days ago and will look into a clear bra. Thanks!

In exactly 24 hours I'll be landing in Houston to pick it up. It should be a fun ride back!

franchise

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cozmo, Holy crap! That is the same combo I am searching for! SO JEALOUS!!! Much Congrats!!!

I was watching that on the website it was listed on (will not say just cause not my place)...let me know how your experience is with that dealer.

Post pics!

Ron

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper