Used Viper prices...

Mynewluv

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm no Viper owner but I would LOVE to be. I know the Corvette prices are going to drop when the C7 comes out (I own a C5Z) and I have been planning on purchasing one BUT I've noticed that a gen. 3 Viper SRT10 is around $60k right now and man, would it be a dream come true to have one in my garage:omg:!!! Do any of you think the price may go down once the 2013'***** the streets? :headbang:
Thank you!

denniskgb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm no Viper owner but I would LOVE to be. I know the Corvette prices are going to drop when the C7 comes out (I own a C5Z) and I have been planning on purchasing one BUT I've noticed that a gen. 3 Viper SRT10 is around $60k right now and man, would it be a dream come true to have one in my garage:omg:!!! Do any of you think the price may go down once the 2013'***** the streets? :headbang:
Thank you!

viper is a different market, not really affected by the new model release. prices are pretty steady and stable i should say.

Steve M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
$60k sounds a bit high for a Gen III, but that doesn't really matter here. What you have with a Viper that you don't with a Vette is limited numbers...there just aren't that many Vipers out there, so the supply side of supply vs. demand will always favor a bit higher of a price for the Viper vs. the Vette. That, and they were way more expensive to begin with than the typical Vette (fully optioned C6 ZO6s and ZR1s not included).

The only Vipers being let go a rock-bottom prices are either:

A. Previously wrecked
B. The owner/dealership needed the money fast
C. The owner didn't care about money

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can get Gen 3 verts in the mid to low 40's now depending on mileage etc.
Even the 06 coupes are low 50's or less.

60K and you're getting into Gen 4 territory.

ipetrov

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did you mean the gen 4 vipers being in the $60's? Multiple Gen 3's can be found in the upper 30's.

anton28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did you mean the gen 4 vipers being in the $60's? Multiple Gen 3's can be found in the upper 30's.

upper 30k for higher millage verts, maybe. Yes gen4 cars can be bought around 60k. Ive seen a few priced at 59,999

ipetrov

Enthusiast
Reaction score
upper 30k for higher millage verts, maybe. Yes gen4 cars can be bought around 60k. Ive seen a few priced at 59,999

Exactly. Sadly enough, 35k+ miles seem to make a viper a high mileage car...

OP
OP
M

Mynewluv

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was looking at prices on here and Ebay. Now that I checked again they were very low mileage cars. So for a 2004-2006 SRT10 Viper coupe, in great shape (no track use, straight body and interior) with a maximum of 35,000 miles, I should pay no more than say, 45k?
I appreciate your time, guys. :)

wikkid

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I was looking at prices on here and Ebay. Now that I checked again they were very low mileage cars. So for a 2004-2006 SRT10 Viper coupe, in great shape (no track use, straight body and interior) with a maximum of 35,000 miles, I should pay no more than say, 45k?
I appreciate your time, guys. :)
red 2004 srt in my garage, 3900 miles, car is in showroom condition. Just added corsa exhaust and carbon fiber door sills. Will let it go for 46k. If your looking for maticulous care, look no further.

viperman4125

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As a new Viper owner, and have loved the cars when they first came out, as I own a 94 RT/10, it's to my surprise that the prices aren't allot higher. When one takes in the amount of Vipers made every year, 92-2008, which was only in the hundreds, not thousands for each year ( except for 94 -04-05yr ) A GEN I or II should be in the high 40's to 50's if they are in mint condition, and as the numbers dwindle down over the years they will / should increase even more. ( This is what it should be ) but why not?

Go and find a Gen I or II Vette for 30,40,50k,$$$ in mint condition. Any person in there right mind would buy them up at the prices we are selling ours? More like 100- 300K. So what gives? Why such a low price for these cars, Fastest US production car made, it was, Is that still true.? I think it's time to hold out for higher prices, there are no supply of these cars left, Pierce Arrow, does that ring a bell??

ipetrov

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As ViperJon said, SRT-10 Viper coupe was only available in 2006. That alone makes it rare among Gen III cars (2003-2006), and automatically more expensive. Some people also prefer the coupe styling lines, the double-bubble roof, etc. All that, in combination with the latest possible gen III year of production contribute to the higher prices for coupes. I'd say if you are only looking for a coupe, $45k will likely be on the low end of the range, low to mid $50k's the higher.

Ebay asking prices are not always reflective of true market values, looking at the completed listings, where cars were actually sold will give a better indication. Consider autotrader, cars.com, even craigslist. Maybe post a thread here asking if anyone would consider selling you their car for your target specifications and price range. If you find a car too far away from you, some forum members in the area might be willing to check it out for you. Good luck with your search!

troublemaker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Honestly, if maintained correctly, these cars will go a long way. I know 50,000 mile cars are considered to be high mileage, but that car still has a lot of life left. If you must have a low mileage car and want to pay the premium for it there are a lot of them out there. But if you want to save quite a bit of money a higher mileage car isn't something to shy away from. My 96 GTS has 54,000 miles on it and still looks and drives like new. I can deal with the wear on the bolsters which is the only sign it has seen that many miles.

Viper808

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The prices of the new 2013's will be 100K to 145k+ depending on the options. If anything this will keep the previous Gen cars steady or up rather than down ..

OP
OP
M

Mynewluv

Enthusiast
Reaction score
red 2004 srt in my garage, 3900 miles, car is in showroom condition. Just added corsa exhaust and carbon fiber door sills. Will let it go for 46k. If your looking for maticulous care, look no further.

Hey Wikkid you can't do that kind of stuff to me man, I've been known to have some impulse issues....:nono: ;)
Even though that is EXACTLY what I want its time I grow up and make 100% sure I have everything in place for such a car. I also need more skill building before I get in a 500+hp beast with no traction control.
I appreciate the replies and must say that this forum seems much more "grown up" then the one I use for my current ride.....:dunno:

LaViper

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
You can get Gen 3 verts in the mid to low 40's now depending on mileage etc.
Even the 06 coupes are low 50's or less.

60K and you're getting into Gen 4 territory.

What everyone is saying is pretty much true, I feel many owners give their Vipers away. I'm thinking about the new 2013, but must sell my 06 FE TT first. :( I may ask around 65,000, and if it won't sell, I'll gladly keep it. :2tu: My major concern is dropping down over 200 Hp with the 13. Anyone that's driven a Twin Turbo car knows what I'm talking about. :eyecrazy:There's nothing like the rush you get when you put the pedal down. :omg: Not for everybody tho, many will kill themselves very quickly. :crazy2:

madninjaskillz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm also selling my viper because I'm about go to afgh for a year or so. It's a red '03 vert with corsa catback, short throw and k&n filter. just passed 30k miles and I was looking to get $39-40k for it. I don't have to sell but it would be nice to have someone drive it instead of sitting for a year. Let me know if interested. I will probably post it in the classifieds here soon.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom R