You must be registered for see images attach

OP
OP
R

Ryan_DSA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the plastic throttle bodies didnt even melt, there should be quite a bit good, and possibly a straight frame depending on what happened to that right front corner.

viper_itch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sad story on that black '08

A club member was trailering it back from VOI when it caught fire. Maybe the brakes were dragging? I don't know... I also don't know how it was being towed.

His car was a black 08 coupe with red stripes. If anyone has one for sale let me know and I'll pass along the contact info. I think he'd like to replace it. It was one of 18.

He drove that car a lot, and it probably had over 36,000 miles on it. So at least it was enjoyed.

OP
OP
R

Ryan_DSA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well the 06 coupe will be here early next week, the 08 coupe will be here late in the week, both will go right into shop. So many of these cars have stories.

OP
OP
R

Ryan_DSA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
this is a 1998 GTS we got in in October hit a pole or tree with right side, broke the bell on the trans and bent the input shaft, RH rocker was almost to the tunnel.

Last edited:

JAY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WOW !!! I wonder what the attrition Rate is on the Viper ? I heard on Super Sport Bikes it's 50 % in the first 3 years ! :omg:

GreenVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I read somewhere it was 36% have been crashed but I don't know if that meant totaled or just wrecked including those that were totaled Vipers?

OP
OP
R

Ryan_DSA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We had a yellow RT/10 that was a 01 or 02, it had just over 3k miles, it had been to the auction, and rebuilt 3 different times already, i think if its only 36% its because so many are able to keep a clean title(not reported) and some have such low miles since they are never driven

OP
OP
R

Ryan_DSA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the 08 coupe's engine wouldnt fully turn over, there is some piece of some thing in one of the cylinders, it had mashed the spark plug flat so it was in there while running................we are pulling the cylinder head off in a bit, it was pretty promising at first, there was no water at all in the enigne, and the oil came out of the pan pretty clean.

the 06 coupe was a Venom Member, his ID Cards, and 2 family member ID cars from 06-08 were in the glove box.

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So, how many Vipers would you say you see as wrecked in salvage auctions per year? 20, 40, 60? Just a ballpark #?

OP
OP
R

Ryan_DSA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
we normally buy 15-20, we see 30-40+ many go for high $ as builders, we got out of buying them for builders for the most part. Many come up several times as people get them and give up, or fix several things then send them through the auction.

the engine in the burnt 08 Coupe threw 2 connecting rods, the enigne was blown up before it burnt down, didnt some one say that burnt on a trailer? it had ratchet straps and a half melted gernerator cover with it.