Thread: ~Flying out now for my Viper~

Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default ~Flying out now for my Viper~

So I'm purchasing a black 2003 supercharged viper from the original owner in Alabama. I travel a lot with work and will be away for the whole month of January so I was going to pick up the car In February but said screw it called the airline an hour and a half ago and am now at laugardia airport in New York waiting to board my flight to Alabama with one stop in Washington. Got upgraded to first class for free !!! Will try to post pics and follows along the way. I'm driving the car back to New York 16 hour drive. Not a big deal purchased my Vette in Texas drove that back. Bought my viper truck in mrytal beach and drove that back. Figured I'd share my experience with everyone here. I'm purchasing it from a member on VOA

Viper Owner

Default Re: ~Flying out now for my Viper~

safe travels and enjoy the ride back. oh yeah, be careful with that SC!

Yes will see how it hold up compared to my Vette which put down 701hp/740tq. Supposed to be bad weather so we will see where I stop.

By the way I'm planning on attending most of the VOA trips!!!

Viper Owner

Sounds like an exciting trip. Have a safe trip and Best of luck with the car. I am sure you are going to be one happy camper

watch out for fuzz

Viper Owner

Weather is supposed to take a turn for the worse starting tommorow through tuesday. Not the best conditions for a viper ride. Take your time, don't be in a rush and easy on the throttle. You did'nt tell us much about the car - check the tires -if thet're the original runflats be extra carefull. And since you'll be travelling up into crappy weather,check the wiper blades. We tend to neglect them because a) we don't really drive our vipers in the rain much, and b) they're expensive and you can't get them at discount auto parts stores. If the're bad, suck it up, find a dealer and get a set if you can. You also did'nt say what part of NY you're from but the NY/Ct club is a great bunch of guys and very active. Join the vca and hook up with them. And enjoy the new toy!!

Viper Owner

Awesome. Enjoy the drive. You will love the car!

Hey guys sorry about that the car has Polished Paxton w/10psi pulley,B&B stepped T-304 SS Headers,off road mids,Corsa Track Exhaust,Roe VEC2,Fidanza Lightweight Flywheel,Center Force Dual Friction Clutch,BBK TB, Mileage 12k miles

Thank you for all the replies and help. I landed in Washington and am
    Waiting to board the last plane then viper time! I will look at the wipers immediately and will see if I can find a dealership open till 6pm. I'm from Long Island New York. Out on the eastern end in smithtown.
    Last edited by TangeloPearl; 12-15-2012 at 03:30 PM.

Viper Owner

Wow, getting the car early and got upgraded to first class!
    Defintely a good trip so far.
    Be safe

Thank you sitting on the airplane now. Trying to figure out what route to take home. Figureing out where I should stop to sleep. Only need a few hours if that to sleep.

Landed !!!!!

Enthusiast

Looking forward to loads pictures, and your thoughts on the car! Hope you have a great trip!

Viper Owner

Congrats ! Enjoy the Ride !

Viper Owner

Congrats, enjoy the ride, and Be careful!!!

Viper Owner

Did a similar trip with my son in aug it was great ,something we will both remember ,welcome to the club and we need more vipers in NY!

Viper Owner

Built motor too? 10 psi seems awfully high on a stock Gen III.

Hey guys. Stopped in Virginia for a few hours. Car is awesome. Lots of pictures and videos. Car was never beat on original tires with at least 50% tread left. Car will be detuned or bottom end done. Anyway rained the whole time driving not fun.

Enthusiast

Congrats on the new car adventure. I've done this several times, it makes for a good memory and also it helps you get accustomed to the new family member. 1-way plane tickets are cheap, and cars are meant to be driven.

Viper Owner

Congrats! Glad this worked out. I recall your original post asking for VCA help. Sounds awesome. As others said drive careful taking weather/road conditions into account.

Viper Owner

What, no pix?!!!!

Enthusiast

Congrats on the new ride. Gen 3 with original tires Be sure to replace those runcraps ASAP. Welcome to the site. Lots of great info and people on here. Be sure to post some pics when you can.

Viper Owner

Congrats, have a safe trip home

Viper Owner

Quote Originally Posted by TangeloPearl View Post
    Hey guys. Stopped in Virginia for a few hours. Car is awesome. Lots of pictures and videos. Car was never beat on original tires with at least 50% tread left. Car will be detuned or bottom end done. Anyway rained the whole time driving not fun.
    Runflats with 50% tread = 100% garbage. New runflats not much better (they ride poorly). A quick search of the tire and wheel section will tell you the majority of us run either Michelin PS2s or Nitto Invos. Another great reason to join the VCA, you'll get the tires at a discounted price at Viper Parts of America with your membership. A Venom membership will get you a bigger discount which you should recoup on the tire purchase.

Viper Owner

Welcome and congrats!!
    10 year old runflats, ouch! Those are going to be dangerous, especially in the cold and wet, be real careful!
    Get new tires asap.
    Check out the ny/ct forum, we have a pretty active group with lots of events
    Look forward to meeting you next season

Viper Owner

Quote Originally Posted by intense5.5 View Post
    Runflats with 50% tread = 100% garbage. New runflats not much better (they ride poorly). A quick search of the tire and wheel section will tell you the majority of us run either Michelin PS2s or Nitto Invos. Another great reason to join the VCA, you'll get the tires at a discounted price at Viper Parts of America with your membership. A Venom membership will get you a bigger discount which you should recoup on the tire purchase.
    Your quote about the tires being bad no matter how much tread is on them is 100% correct.
    However, the discounts on tires from VPA do not exist. The price is the same whether you are a member or not (and Venom or not).

Viper Owner

Quote Originally Posted by TowDawg View Post
    Your quote about the tires being bad no matter how much tread is on them is 100% correct.
    However, the discounts on tires from VPA do not exist. The price is the same whether you are a member or not (and Venom or not).
    Oops, sorry.

Hey guys made it back into New York around 6pm the roads where horrendous. Time for some sleep will post more tomorrow.

Viper Owner

Change your tires ASAP!!

A number of people have already mentioned this and there is a reason. No joke

ZeeOf course, I've been around cars and owned other performance cars. Tires will be changed immediately and the car will be retuned and checked and all fluids changed when I have time to take it to chuck.

I will post pics when I get time today !

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast