For the those thinking of buying a Viper...

Zee

Viper Owner
Reaction score
For those thinking of buying a Viper...

I have owned my Gen II viper for over a month now an let me tell you it has been the most intoxicating experience of my life. I just can't get enough of it. If you are considering buying one, do it. This is an experience that every car lover should enjoy at some point in their life. I felt like posting this because when I started to look for one I felt a bit intimidated by the car. I had a C5 Z06 before and have never looked back.

Cheers.

P.S. Having fresh tires and a good suspension package gives you a lot more confidence :drive:

Last edited:

Poor Richard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: For those thinking of buying a Viper...

I have owned my Gen II viper for over a month now an let me tell you it has been the most intoxicating experience of my life. I just can't get enough of it. If you are considering buying one, do it. This is an experience that every car lover should enjoy at some point in their life. I felt like posting this because when I started to look for one I felt a bit intimidated by the car. I had a C5 Z06 before and have never looked back.

Cheers.

P.S. Having fresh tires and a good suspension package gives you a lot more confidence :drive:

I agree, ownership is a intoxicating experience.

JAY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats ! A few track days with instuctors is a great place to feel comfortable with the car . Enjoy the Ride ! :)

chambers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is correct. I remember when I traveled to MO from Maryland to get my Viper. After I brought it I drove it back to the hotel and sat in it for 2 hours wondering what the hell did I get myself into. You mean I have to drive this thing back to Maryland. I was so intimidated and nervous that i decided to stay another night in the hotel just to calm my nerves down. When i woke up the next morning I saw that the highway only had a little bit of traffic so I took a deep breath and said I am going to man handle you *** today. I took off driving for the first 30 miles at about 40 miles an hour. As I continued to drive it I gained more and more confidence. When i got into Tenn I was 70 to 80 miles an hour on the highway. Trust me ...My beast has been tamed. i love every bit of this car.

denniskgb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Best of luck with your new car. Respect it and it will be good to you. Awesome experience to own one. They look fast just sitting in the garage don't they.;)

OP
OP
Z

Zee

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Best of luck with your new car. Respect it and it will be good to you. Awesome experience to own one. They look fast just sitting in the garage don't they.;)

Could not agree more :headbang:

Mutts02GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
After two years of ownership with mine I just had my first track day with HOD, all I can say is that I'm hooked! I was in a safe environment and I had an excellent coach who helped me push my car to the limit, and passed it, so I could see how fast things can go sideways. I was amazed at how much brake pedal force it took to get the anti-lock to engage. I love to see mine sitting in the garage just knowing that it is mine brings a huge smile to my face. Don't wait two years like I did, get a track day for yourself to explore your and your cars limits! Take care. Jeff:D

Mynewluv

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ah man I have a C5 Z and lately after I saw Viper prices I can NOT STOP THINKING about them! My vette is awesome but a Viper is what you dream about. I need to pay this Z off and get an SRT10 coupe. Red. I can't help but wonder about the GTS though....