New Alberta Owner

Cody D

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm a new Viper owner from outside of Calgary, I just bought an 05 Viper and now I get to stare at it until summer. I come from mostly import cars so a domestic sports car is new to me. I'm really excited about this car, I can't wait for this summer.

You must be registered for see images attach

denniskgb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This picture is so cold it froze my screen. :omg: nice car be patient summer is around the corner. Oh wait you are in Siberia.:lmao:

OP
OP
C

Cody D

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Awesome! Welcome to the club... Hardest part is just looking at it over the winter...

Definitely, I wonder if they make 345 width winter tires.

Welcome. How many times have you driven it in and out of the garage already?

Only once so far, I probably wouldn't make it up my driveway with it, haha.

This picture is so cold it froze my screen. :omg: nice car be patient summer is around the corner. Oh wait you are in Siberia.:lmao:

I definitely need to move South.

supersnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats on your ride, Will probably meet you this summer as there is quite a Viper following in Alberta and B.C. and we have all kind of events to attend to meet New Viper Friends. Stay tuned.

Viktimize

Enthusiast
Reaction score
At least you get to look at yours. I bought mine in November and didn't get to pick it up from Vegas till June.

If it still has stock tires, then the best thing you could do over winter is get rid of those and swap on some good rubber.

mmcturk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
At least you get to look at yours. I bought mine in November and didn't get to pick it up from Vegas till June.

If it still has stock tires, then the best thing you could do over winter is get rid of those and swap on some good rubber.

I second that! If they are the run-flats get rid of them before the summer. I learned the hard way.

TexasTorred

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, run flats must go. (Now, on the bright side, you have all that time to detail that car inside/out to perfection.) Looks like someone got a great start on it already--nice Viper!

It's obvious, you have great taste in exterior colors too!

mmcturk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
And even have video to prove it. lol

Ya, not one of my happier moments. Hopefully this summer I will take it back on that stretch of road, just to say I can do it without spinning out. I can't let the mountain win this battle.

SSGSNAKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My car showed up Christmas eve in 09 it was a long wait tiill sprin but worth the wait welcome to the club

Drew

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats Cody, I bought my first viper in October of 2011. It's hard to look at all winter, I made the fatal mistake of thinking I could get away taking from prince George to Vancouver in Feb.
Changing tires is great suggestion.
Poke around the forum, there is some good advise for new first time owners.
If you get the itch to drive prematurely this spring, please go to YouTube and type in phacanbent before you do. Squeeze and ease off throttle, sudden mash or sudden lift off usually don't fair so well on cold wet surfaces.
Look forward to meeting you next year

HSSSSSS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome aboard Cody. You have enterred a new chapter in your life which could turn into the rest of the book. :D
You will definitely get good advice on this forum. See you on an event next year.:drive:
Hey Drew,
I hear you have to go easier than ever on the throttle now that Todd at Bad Boyz has gotten done with your FE ACR. :2tu:

OP
OP
C

Cody D

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks everyone, I'm definitely looking forward to some VCA events this year. It'll be hard to not take the car out early this year but after watching "phacanbent"s video I think I can wait, haha.

The rear tires aren't stock but the fronts are still the run-flats, where is my best option for purchasing replacements for all four (Discount Tire Direct, Tire Rack, Tunerworks, Urban Tire)?

Drew

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think mismatch especially with run flats is a major no no. Tire rack has had some killer deals on cups.
Think twice about an early drive...seriously. It almost cost me my life.

mmcturk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks everyone, I'm definitely looking forward to some VCA events this year. It'll be hard to not take the car out early this year but after watching "phacanbent"s video I think I can wait, haha.

The rear tires aren't stock but the fronts are still the run-flats, where is my best option for purchasing replacements for all four (Discount Tire Direct, Tire Rack, Tunerworks, Urban Tire)?

You can also check out Viper Parts of America, they have a couple sets of tires that they already include shipping and duties to Canada in the price. Too bad they don't have Venom pricing on tires.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper