What would you like to see in the ACR?

Boxer12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let's take it to the next level...Get rid of the rubber bushings in the steering and suspension geometry, and put uniball control arms on it..

Garron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A badge that says "2013 LeMans Champion"

+1 Love how you think

I can get the ZR1 CC brakes for my Z06 for $9-10K at my dealer..

The Gen 4 did not need CC brakes, do we need them now? Personally I am thinking of the poor viper owner who would need a brake job.

You must be registered for see images attach

mnc2886

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would like to make my version of what I believe to be the more like ACR combo.

First off, during the reveal when Ralph said the Viper can't pass the F12 in HP to weight, he may have had a sarcastic tone, but I believe he is telling the truth. Ralph has my respect not just because of what he has personally accomplished, but because of the leader he obviously is. He seems like he has no hesitation to challenge authority and making that comment I guarantee was a bit of a bite back. I believe Fiat is in the driver's seat more than we think. The reality is, we've seen comments about how pricing was being delayed and I can promise the price of the Gen V came from Sergio. I also believe the Gen V didn't get the development dollars it needed either. First off, we kept the same frame, only tweeked it. We kept the same engine, only tweeked it. Same transmission, only tweeked it. The "all new" came to us in body style and interior refinements. So based on the history that is before us, here is how I feel the Gen V ACR will go....

SRT Base Price: $97,395
Destination Fee: $1,995
ACR Package: Aero: $11,995
CC Brakes w/ 19x20 Lightweight Wheels Mounted in Pirelli Trofeo R's: $14,995
MCS Shocks and Springs: $3,995 (Hoping SRT Listens to this. I don't know of one Viper owner that would object to this.)
Weight Reduction: ACR Carbon Fiber Racing Seats in Alcantara: $2,995
Lightweight Battery: $199
Caron Fiber X-Brace: $3,175
Alcantara Interior Package: $5,995 (alternative option to the Laguna Package for the GTS)
ACR Paint Scheme: $4,995
DCT: $4,995

MSRP: $137,774 w/o Alcantara Interior
$143,739 w/ Alcantara Interior
$142,796 w/o Alcantara Interior & DCT
$148,734 w/ Alcantara Interior & DCT

All the other options like Carbon Fiber Styling interior and exterior will still be available. There will probably be a racing harness as an option and several wheel choices. Anyone who thinks the MSRP will be below the GTS is kidding themselves. I won't be surprised if you can get the MSRP up near $175k if you check enough boxes. I basing my assumption of the pricing relative to the 911 and making the ACR relative to the 911S.

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The CCM-R brake package is light years ahead of the ZR-1 brakes. They will last for years as compared to a few hard sessions that will wear out the ZR-1 brakes. Talk to Brembo about them, they are based on F-1 tech. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have the Vette brakes on my lowly Gen II, but they are not available. The CCM-R brakes are, if you have the pocket book.

bluestreak

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wing,
race seats,
splitter,
canards,
race wheels,
MPSC or Trofeo R,
brake cooling

optional
radio/ac delete,
Lightweight flywheel
roll/harness bar

elanderholm

Enthusiast
Reaction score
- would love to see 100 more HP, 200lbs less weight, 1500+lbs of downforce, trofeo tires or MPCS, bigger steel brakes with brake cooling hoses and ducts, performance pads and fluid from the factory.

- what i think we will see 60 more HP, 100lbs less weight, 1500lbs of downforce, trofeo tires, standard aero package brakes, better pads Dot 4 fluid (the last 3 are just good for track tests as mags never use their brains.

not interested in carbon brakes. even carrera GT owners that track a lot remove them, keep them for resale and put on big brembo brakes

V10lover

Viper Owner
Reaction score
ACR for me would be this:

--7.8L -8.0L V10 engine with DOHC heads and TI-VCT (750hp no less):nono:

-Forged Pistons, rods and crank

- Plasma liner technology "coat" added to the engine block for a lighter and stronger block like ford and Mercedes did to their motors.

-Direct injection to that and compression around 11-11.5 :1 .

-Option for an auto or semi-automatic transmission.

- Much better tires and new 375-385 sizes and otions of compound for the customer to choose for.

-Option for aftermarket supercharger kit from SRT or mopartsracing, arrow, ... etc..

-Option for a programmer to finally unlock the ECU so the car could be tuned.

09 Venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
all you guys are wishful thinking. I bet we see an areo kit of course (wing,splitters etc), color scheme specific to the ACR and not much more than some deletied options to make it lighter.

Stealth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The new ACR must be a livable/comfortable street car and not just a track monster. Most Gen IV ACRs are probably used on the street much more than on the track.

Anything over about $125k well equipped (out the door before taxes) will face market resistance just as the GTS will after the initial launch settles down.

The Gen V--ACR and SRT and GTS--should be pushing 700 hp +; Dodge needs to find an OEM way to do this. Aftermarket is not the answer because of warranty, reliability, servicability and other issues. Ferrari buyers are not going to pass up the F12 Berlinetta (sp?) or the 458 to get a Viper based on power-to-weight.

The ACR should also be meaner looking: more Volado or GTS-R than the SRT or GTS. Many of us Gen IV owners appreciate the beauty of the Gen II but do not want that style in the Gen V.

Finally, while I can sympathize with budget constraints on a new car model from the manufacturer's standpoint (and appreciate how much was accomplished efficiently), as a consumer I want to see the most advanced, best and bada@@ product for my purchase dollars--not just what could be produced on a limited budget.

Fortunately for Dodge and for us, there will be some time for R&D and changes since the new Z06 and ZR1 and even 991 Turbo S and 991 GT3 will not be out for 1-3 years. The cars available today are truly incredible and we are all fortunate to have such choices.

Policy Limits

Enthusiast
Reaction score
big ass wing in the back and how about a targa roof/roadster style instead of a convertible top? take it back old skewl style!

slitherv10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ask the guys/gals that put out 105,000 in 1996 for the GTS with no nothing on it and poor this and poor that.

What I am trying to say is, if people bought those aweful, no optioned, rubber/plastic interior, no car cover:rolaugh:, and low quality everything for 105,000 back in 96 when houses and cars cost what? Today they are asking almost the same money for the SRT base model. They should be sold out before production right? Anyone know how sales are going? Why the complaints today if they are selling for so much cheaper for so much more?.......

They bought those cars back then because....because,,....get this, ....the performance numbers....and only that ofcourse. So.....what should the ACR come with........BIG A_S PERFORMANCE NUMBERS !!! They will sell every single one like they did then, with no MT complaints and C&D tests or competition rivals...nothing.....Period

bluestreak

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's an excellent point. I think people have gotten spoiled by all of the competition via the hp wars. You can take your pick of manufacturer these days at up to 150k and have a great performing car. All while sitting in comfort with your navigation telling you where to go and a coffee sitting next to you. Then take the same car to the track and go really fast.

Every area of performance cars has taken a step up (or back if you're a purist like me). I'd prefer a bare bones mechanically (not computerized) engineered car that takes man sized cojones to even get it to flinch. I don't want nannies analyzing my every move trying to fix them. Different strokes. I think SRT is trying to make as many people happy as possible.

But to your point, I agree, big performance numbers AND positive magazine reviews WILL sell more cars. This is the digital age, media runs the world.

1badacr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ACRucrazy;3136663 Starting with the ACR Neon in 1994 said:
I just hope the new ACR kicks butt period, whatever they have to do to dominate, also I don't know where you got your info about the 2002 ACR, as it had the same motor that previous gen 2 ACR's had, except for the 99 ACR which had the forged motor, with the better 708 cam, and obviously computer, as 2000-2002 cream puff motors had more sensitive computers, you could cut your cats out without throwing CEL's in pre gen 2000 motors.

All model ACR's came with different suspension, wheels, and smooth tubes, than standard vipers

Just a little ACR history for you.

PatentLaw

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just hope the new ACR kicks butt period, whatever they have to do to dominate, also I don't know where you got your info about the 2002 ACR, as it had the same motor that previous gen 2 ACR's had, except for the 99 ACR which had the forged motor, with the better 708 cam, and obviously computer, as 2000-2002 cream puff motors had more sensitive computers, you could cut your cats out without throwing CEL's in pre gen 2000 motors.

All model ACR's came with different suspension, wheels, and smooth tubes, than standard vipers

Just a little ACR history for you.

The above is correct.....

OP
OP
A

ACRucrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just hope the new ACR kicks butt period, whatever they have to do to dominate, also I don't know where you got your info about the 2002 ACR, as it had the same motor that previous gen 2 ACR's had, except for the 99 ACR which had the forged motor, with the better 708 cam, and obviously computer, as 2000-2002 cream puff motors had more sensitive computers, you could cut your cats out without throwing CEL's in pre gen 2000 motors.All model ACR's came with different suspension, wheels, and smooth tubes, than standard vipersJust little ACR history for you.

I was talking about the 2002 Neon ACR. Between 2001/2002 Dodge only made 718 Neon ACRs yet these 718 cars had a different head, active intake manifold, bigger cam, different PCM, factory header, different steering rack, bigger sway bars, and dealer priced near $5,0000 Dynamic Suspension adjustable struts all together for an affordable "option"

My point was Dodge made a sweet little Neon in such low volume for a smoking price, I hope to see the "ACR history" of great factory cars at a reasonable price (like the Neon ACR and Gen 4 ACR was) I would hate to see the "ACR" check box on the order sheet bump the price of the car by another 50k+

Thank you for the history lesson on the Viper there. I was already aware. As far as the Gen 2 ACR package goes, IMO it is rather tame/basic by today's standards. I will still like to see one in the garage next to my 2008 and Neon ACRs.

Without John Fernandez there would be no Neon ACR. Without the Neon ACR chances are there would be no Viper ACR. And as much as people refer to the ACR as "American Club Racer" and that is the now accepted meaning behind it, originally when the ACR was launched it had no meaning. It was just the sales code if you wanted the performance package.

(I joke that it means Aluminum Can Recycling when people ask)

A little ACR history for everyone,

Last edited:

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No Fuff... All business at the 2010 ACR price point or less.

A thorougly stripped interior and a Gen 4 style treatment of the rest (KW shocks, wheels/tires, brakes, wing, canards/splitter) should take swift care of the price point with the addition of functional brake ducts starting at the slots in the front bumper.

kdaviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A thorougly stripped interior and a Gen 4 style treatment of the rest (KW shocks, wheels/tires, brakes, wing, canards/splitter) should take swift care of the price point with the addition of functional brake ducts starting at the slots in the front bumper.
Functional brake ducts already exist...

1badacr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was talking about the 2002 Neon ACR. Between 2001/2002 Dodge only made 718 Neon ACRs yet these 718 cars had a different head, active intake manifold, bigger cam, different PCM, factory header, different steering rack, bigger sway bars, and dealer priced near $5,0000 Dynamic Suspension adjustable struts all together for an affordable "option"

My point was Dodge made a sweet little Neon in such low volume for a smoking price, I hope to see the "ACR history" of great factory cars at a reasonable price (like the Neon ACR and Gen 4 ACR was) I would hate to see the "ACR" check box on the order sheet bump the price of the car by another 50k+

Thank you for the history lesson on the Viper there. I was already aware. As far as the Gen 2 ACR package goes, IMO it is rather tame/basic by today's standards. I will still like to see one in the garage next to my 2008 and Neon ACRs.

Without John Fernandez there would be no Neon ACR. Without the Neon ACR chances are there would be no Viper ACR. And as much as people refer to the ACR as "American Club Racer" and that is the now accepted meaning behind it, originally when the ACR was launched it had no meaning. It was just the sales code if you wanted the performance package.

(I joke that it means Aluminum Can Recycling when people ask)

A little ACR history for everyone,

I thought you were talking Viper ACR , not to offend, but nobody here is thinking nor cares about Dodge neon.
Also you may know your history, but obviously have never rode in any Gen ACR , the Gen 2 ACR is anything but tame, it's a brutal
Harsh ride, the Gen 4 not only handles much better, but it rides much much better.

We now want the Gen 5 "Viper ACR " to dominate once again.

Last edited:
OP
OP
A

ACRucrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No offence taken, I know not many care about a Neon. I was mentioning the Neon to relate to the "ACR" history. The ACR history started with the Neon, and arguably the 1994.5-1999 Neon ACRs have a much more successful history than the Gen 2 Viper ACR. (not to say the Viper is worse) I was just tying in the winning ways of the Neon ACR and Gen IV ACR and what a value package they were. I would really hate to see the price of admission climb to $150 k+ like some numbers other members seem to be tossing out.

My comment about the Gen 2 ACR was to imply it had "basic" upgrades. Like you mentioned, same engine, same computer etc. Some smooth tubes, wheels, suspension and seat belts. Pretty basic "upgrades" by 15 year later standards.

Tame about any Viper may be the wrong word. Regardless the Gen 2 Viper is pretty "tame/basic" or not as "wild" as the Gen IV was what I was trying to correlate, while reminding everyone that the all mighty Viper ACR's daddies are the licensed SCCA racers only, 182 made 1994.5 SOHC Neon ACRs ;)

Anyways, back to the conversation. I would love to see a Gen V kicking ass at the "ACR history" type price and not out of the "working mans supercar" reach.

Last edited:

Makara

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I always liked the fact that the ACR was not that different than the normal viper, it just had a little sharper fangs. If the ACR turns into a totally different car with way more power, than it doesn't really mean as much to me or do as much for the viper name as much as if it is a normal viper with upgraded brakes, aero kit, some missing sound deadening, slightly revised suspension and tires, and is able to kick the teeth out of anything else on the street. What this means is that the vipers need to bump up the power and get their stuff together overall. There shouldn't be any two second lap difference between an old vette and the new viper unless the viper is the one with the two second lead. Get the viper models that are already out winning races and throwing down crazy lap times, then when no one expects it, knock them on their butts with the ACR.

Richie7

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Perhaps srt will continue with the format of three options acr, acr-********, and acrX. Many ideas above can be used as option packages to go from track car, stripped down dedicated track car, and full-on race car.

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think anyone expecting the ACR to be as cheap as the Gen IV ACR, around $100k is crazy.

I think, if anything, it would be around the GTS base price. But even then, I think it will be more.

doctorbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What is slitherv10 talking about?

"Ask the guys/gals that put out 105,000 in 1996 for the GTS with no nothing on it and poor this and poor that"

The B/W GTS in 1996 cost 69,500...........
:dunno:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth