What would you like to see in the ACR?

1badacr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No offence taken, I know not many care about a Neon. I was mentioning the Neon to relate to the "ACR" history. The ACR history started with the Neon, and arguably the 1994.5-1999 Neon ACRs have a much more successful history than the Gen 2 Viper ACR. (not to say the Viper is worse) I was just tying in the winning ways of the Neon ACR and Gen IV ACR and what a value package they were. I would really hate to see the price of admission climb to $150 k+ like some numbers other members seem to be tossing out.

My comment about the Gen 2 ACR was to imply it had "basic" upgrades. Like you mentioned, same engine, same computer etc. Some smooth tubes, wheels, suspension and seat belts. Pretty basic "upgrades" by 15 year later standards.

Tame about any Viper may be the wrong word. Regardless the Gen 2 Viper is pretty "tame/basic" or not as "wild" as the Gen IV was what I was trying to correlate, while reminding everyone that the all mighty Viper ACR's daddies are the licensed SCCA racers only, 182 made 1994.5 SOHC Neon ACRs ;)

Anyways, back to the conversation. I would love to see a Gen V kicking ass at the "ACR history" type price and not out of the "working mans supercar" reach.

Cool, those little neons are cool little cars, I did have one park next to me one summer, I didn't even they know they made them, talked to the kid, sharp little car, now back to topic.

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What is slitherv10 talking about?

"Ask the guys/gals that put out 105,000 in 1996 for the GTS with no nothing on it and poor this and poor that"

The B/W GTS in 1996 cost 69,500...........
:dunno:
With inflation, that $69,000 in 1996 is right around $100k in 2013 dollars...

So, is the Gen V really off base in pricing is the question.

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
One simple request:

The battery moved to the right rear frame rail so the car is easier to corner weight with driver mass in the seat.

This has been SO wrong for SO long... almost twenty years now. It's a road racing car, not a circle track car.

bushido

Viper Owner
Reaction score
One simple request:

The battery moved to the right rear frame rail so the car is easier to corner weight with driver mass in the seat.

This has been SO wrong for SO long... almost twenty years now. It's a road racing car, not a circle track car.

Good catch Dean I hear ya. When I got my ACR I was asking myself the same question,and to see it again is puzzling..
You must be registered for see images attach

VENOM V

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If all the cars noted were the same price, no one in their right mind would pick the Viper over any of the others.
Please. A little reality here.

V a l u e. See my post above. Of all the new Gen V owners, you are the hardest to figure out, Jon. You really don't seem to like the car, I'm stumped why you ordered it.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The 2010 Gen IV was a world record holding road course vehicle. Just make the Gen V significantly quicker and the buyers will come. Since considerable research was done through the ACRX program ( this is where the pstons for the Gen V were developed), SRT, by now, must have made most decisions regarding the Gen V ACR. I have one simple request. If possible, lose the X brace and go to a square brace which is possible with welded in triangle support inserts at each corner of the tubing. This will allow quicker engine access if needed.

rollymohan

Viper Owner
Reaction score
it is time for the viper to get direct port fuel injection.this may be worth another 35 to 40 hp and better fuel mileage and emission

johniew398

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the money set aside for one; but, for some reason I don't see SRT producing an ACR version. Definitely not this coming year or they would be talking about it at the Detroit show. Will be hanging on to my 08 ACR.

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the money set aside for one; but, for some reason I don't see SRT producing an ACR version. Definitely not this coming year or they would be talking about it at the Detroit show. Will be hanging on to my 08 ACR.

What? Ralph has already stated it will be out before the Vert

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
He stated that it is likely to be out within two years. Before the vert which will take a bit longer do to additional certification requirements. But two years is a long time and who knows where Obama will go or try to go regarding the Federal regulation of motor vehicles. We also have a little problem with the stability and predictability of our economy which could cause a change in the decision making of automobile companies with respect to product. Remember, Chrysler is doing well but they do not have enough money yet to make significant mistakes and Sergio M has publicly stated same. I think it is best to just be patient and not assume anything about production.

kdaviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
From what I understood, it was the Vert which was to be out in 2 years with an ACR coming sooner due to homologation rules

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As the Gen IV evolved from the GEN II ACR, I would like to see the next ACR share no similarities in downforce and find an alternaltive solution to plant the car to the ground or make a few slight HP mods strip it down a bit more.

Keep each GEN ACR unique

Bruce