What would you like to see in the ACR?

ACRucrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let's start something fresh and realistic. What would you like to see in the ACR?

Personally I would like to see the following:
  • SRT Base Price
  • ACR option package price to include[*=1]Light weight wheels with better tires[*=1]ACR-X brakes minimum[*=1]Gen 4 style / GTS-R style aggressive aero[*=1]Red or special ACR belts standard[*=1]MCS coilovers (with all the positive reviews and even ACR racers who swap KWs to Moton/MCS I would like to see these)[*=1]Other suspension revisions? Sway bars/control arms/ bushings?[*=1]Horsepower increase: Computer/better heads (ala 98 GTS-R)/better exhaust? ( I mean Gen 4 Mopar PCM/Ported Heads/Intake/Exhaust =650 RWHP)[*=1]Upgrade Diff? If SRT put a Quaife in a Neon, why can't they put one in a Viper?[*=1]DSS or similar axles
  • Optional on top of the ACR package
    • Carbon Ceramic Brakes OPTIONAL (Maybe part of a "*********" package with CF X brace and other CF bits?) I don't think everyone should have to pay for this. ACR and ACR-X racers have obviously done just fine without them with a good fluid, pads, and rotors. I know I wouldn't care to have them, let alone pay for the price of admission
    • CF ACR package (all in one bundle of all the mopar CF goodies?)
    • CF seat package (if a Fiat 500 Abarth Ferrari edition can come with CF seats...)
    • Stripes and ACR band optional
  • Dreaming? GTS-R body work that doesn't bump the price into unobtanium
Performance? I am looking to improvements on the ACR-X times. The ACR-X had 640/605 with a weight of 3300 pounds, good tires, and a cage. The Gen V already has 640/600 @ 3300 pounds and an improved chassis over the Gen 4 ACR.

Overall the Gen 5 has improved in so many ways over previous Vipers. I mean with carbon fiber hood, roof and hatch, that's an awesome gift right from the get go. I would like to see the ACR stay at a "realistic" price. The ACR has always been about kicking ass at a good price. The ACR package was $11k in 2008 with a sticker of under $100k. If I recall the 2010 ACR package was bumped up to $14,500? which got you the KW coil overs, Stoptechs, Wheels, MPSCs, bigger swaybar and Prefex CF aero. I don't see any reason it should be mandatory to spend another $25K, $30K, or 40k to get that on the new Viper.

Starting with the ACR Neon in 1994, 2G Neon and SRT-4. ACR GTS and ACR 4G Viper. I recall the 2002 ACR had a different computer, different intake manifold, factory header exhaust manifold, better head, better cam, bigger sway bars, different steering rack, dynamic adjustable suspension etc. The ACR has been about kicking ass at a good price. I would like to see that continue with the Viper. I would hate to see the price of admission jump to $140 or $150k.

Those are my thoughts. Yours?

Last edited:

hou99gts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice list of changes, but those would clear $150k easy IMO. Unfortunately for SRT, that is "exotic" car territory where most buyers who have that kind of coin for a street car will go a different route than the Viper. The buyers who want an ACR for track duty (or street and track duty) would probably not want to pay that much for it (myself included). The gen IV ACR was good value for around $100k, a 50%+ price bump will not be well received IMO.

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like a virtually perfect list except the pricing part, to keep it realistic a lot of on-the-shelf parts would be needed to not let the price rise into the exotic areas.

JAY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great List , I totally agree ! I would just add this as an option . :D
You must be registered for see images attach

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Excellent list. I'd be totally surprised to see the next ACR be anything close to this list. It's obviously doable but with pricing and maybe Viper budget concerns probably not gonna happen. I would like to see them add a lightweight battery like a Braille 11lb'er etc and maybe a titanium exhaust to further drop weight. An ACR could conceivably come in under 3200lbs with some smart additions and subtractions. Money talks though.

OP
OP
A

ACRucrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was gonna toss a braille battery on there, but figured the pricing and maybe warranty reasons it wouldn't happen. Yes I think the weight needs to come down.

Last edited:

BlackSnake99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe I missed it on your list, but I would want an 'infotainment delete' option. Ditch the stereo/nav/video game dash. Analog gauges, even a stripped interior ala Porsche GT3 RS.

In other words, make it as close to the Gen II interior as possible. :D

ArnarFB

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe I missed it on your list, but I would want an 'infotainment delete' option. Ditch the stereo/nav/video game dash. Analog gauges, even a stripped interior ala Porsche GT3 RS.

And to make it like Porsche, charge people more for it! :D

Richie7

Viper Owner
Reaction score
improved brake cooling
motons
onboard gps track lap timer and data acquisition
stock seats that can properly accomidate the sub straps on a six point harness
steering wheel material for better grip, epecially with nomex gloves
oh yea, and 700hp too

Green viper 1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice list of changes, but those would clear $150k easy IMO. Unfortunately for SRT, that is "exotic" car territory where most buyers who have that kind of coin for a street car will go a different route than the Viper. The buyers who want an ACR for track duty (or street and track duty) would probably not want to pay that much for it (myself included). The gen IV ACR was good value for around $100k, a 50%+ price bump will not be well received IMO.
from the factory your probly looking somewhere around 200k, the charge 14k for Stryker red paint. The factory takes advantage of people

mnc2886

Enthusiast
Reaction score

People are ordering GTS's with 50% increases. With the porsche theme we've followed so far, it will be $150k minimum, guaranteed.

We are on to something in this thread though. Let's see how well SRT listens. PUT MOTONS (MCS) SUSPENSION ON THE ACR!!!!

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well SRT skimped money a bit on the performance side of things with the GTS in favor for upgraded interiors, infotainment etc. Maybe the budget didnt allow them to add CCB's, Trofeos etc AND the world class interior at the same time.

Soooo. Maybe with the upcoming ACR they will skimp a whole lot more on the luxury and spend a lot more on the performance side of things like whats in your list. I think it would be good to keep a scaled down version of the infotainment that logs the performance/lap times data and ditch the rest. I personally wouldn't mind if there is an option to keep the leather interior and those sweet seats and of course an option to delete them. Keeping the leather would give the ACR an air of high-end racer a la GT2/GT3 for those that would want it....

In keeping with SRT's desire for customization they should let the owner build their ACR the way they want it from scratch. Those that want barebones can get the barebones car sans leather, A/C, infotainment etc....Doing it this way the ACR would be more affordable for a lot more track rats. Swap out Laguna interior, Stryker paint for example and swap in CCB's and Moton CS and it sounds like you can have an ACR for GTS money etc...

v10viperbox

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Aero without the use of a giant wing. (IE like the 458)
Special stripe/paint colors.
Better brake cooling/rotors/pads
More suspension adaptability in terms of camber.
Race logic traction control like in the new Exige.
Better rear end.

That is about it.

chorps

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The OP's plus this:
Integrated roll cage
Unlocked engine controller option
Cloth interior
MR shocks
SRT hood in CF
Oil catch can
Diff cooler
Prewiring for V1/****** 9500ci option
One make race series participation option

Sonoman

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The total weight of that big 'infotainment' panel is only 1 pound! Which means there's not much to be gained by deleting it, even for a ******** option.

Mopar488

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Start off w/ the base SRT and add the ACR Pkg. I think the ACR pkg on a GTS would be an oxymoron. Put MPSC or the next upgraded Michelin at the time on it. Give it 750 HP. Make the interior functional, not fancy. Give it the wide body. Put real gauges in it. Lighten it by 100 lbs. Make this available for $125k or less and I will put my deposit down. Offer options for ceramic brakes, CF Pkgs, suspension upgrades, rear end upgrades, paddles shift transmission, etc. Make it a rocket ship within a reasonable price and they will fly off the shelf.

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope they'll keeep the pricing reasonable. Follow their formula of; suspension (but MCS, not KW's or cockpit contolled Bilsteins), upgraded sway bars, light wheels (including an 18" rear option), brake upgrade (Brembo X front rotors, StopTech rears) stickest DOT legal tires (for magazine tests and 'Ring runs), extra set of 6 point belts. Add a qauife rear end and a proven aero package. Put in a base interior, add unique color schemes. MSRP $125K or less.

Don't think you'll ever see SRT add engine upgrades (excepting smooth tubes on the Gen II's) and for every one that needs to have ceramatic brakes, make them optional.

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let's make sure everyone knows what hp a Gen IV and Gen IV are already capable of before asking for more. I would like 50 hp more than the numbers below.

Let me throw out some input on the need for more hp. I had a talk with Sean Roe a couple of weeks back about headers for the Gen V, since he has installed several Gen IV header/exhaust systems. At some point this year we will have access to both the factory race headers and Balenger headers. Here is the info:

1. The 600 fwhp Gen IV dynoed at approx 520 rwhp.

2. With Balenger headers, hi-flow cats and 3" exhausts, the same cars would dyno at 570 rwhp. That is 655 fwhp. Remove the cat and you are approx 675 fwhp. These numbers also included tricking the IAC into changing the a/f.

3. Let's apply the same values to the Gen V. The Gen V would be 544 rwhp. The headers, cat and exhausts would add 50 hp, therefore, a rwhp of 594/ That would equate to a fwhp of 683, remove the cats and you are over 700 fwhp.

There are also ways around the CEL for the rear O2's.

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm guessing that the factory was losing money on those ACR-X's cause they were priced the same as a regular ACR. That car had to be the single greatest bargain in Mopar history. Yes I realize it wasn't street legal, but that wouldn't stop me. Anyway in my opinion that's the car they should build. Forget a street ACR, just build the real deal. After all, from reading all the negative crap from most of the members here, it's obvious you all race at the track, right? Why else would you cancell your orders, you were all headed straight to Laguna Seca with your cars................

MTGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The nice thing about the next ACR will it directly benefit from the ALMS program. With all the stuff they've learned with aero/suspension/etc. some of it will trickle into the road car.

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm guessing that the factory was losing money on those ACR-X's cause they were priced the same as a regular ACR. That car had to be the single greatest bargain in Mopar history. Yes I realize it wasn't street legal, but that wouldn't stop me. Anyway in my opinion that's the car they should build. Forget a street ACR, just build the real deal. After all, from reading all the negative crap from most of the members here, it's obvious you all race at the track, right? Why else would you cancell your orders, you were all headed straight to Laguna Seca with your cars................

So you want to cave in to those defeatist nay-sayers? I say build the streetgoing ACR first as an appetizer and then come out with an even meaner Gen 5 ACR-X. What might me a more logical step is to release the ACR-X first as a direct derivative to the GTS-R and after enough has been proven with those the roadlegal ACR could be developed.

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ACR will probably follow in the foot steps of Ferrari's Scuderia and Challenge Stradale. Basically a striped interior, Carbon Fiber Door and interior panels. No sound deadening. Alcantara leather interior covering on dash and seats.Revised body panels, aero and stripes. Magnesium rims, race tires and Carbon front brakes with increased piston calipers. Race diff, more than likely, there will be a paddle tranny option. Being American, we will see a small hp jump to maybe 675hp. Price will start at $150k before options. I hate the price too but to buy a fatory racecar like this, you can drive on the street is pretty amazing. The base opens up almost infinite opportunities, ACRX is the new GTSR so they are already building the non-vin car.

I just find it so funny that Viper owners say just keep the new GENV a drivers car and SRT holds true to the promise yet for ANYONE driving it on the track, those without experience, they will need the nanny advantages to win. Experienced drivers do not. ACR will hold true to original Viper formula as best it can bt freshed for 2010. days of analog guages in a car like this are gone. Can't accept that, hop in the old Vipers.

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Brembo CCM-R brakes. As an FYI I got a quote from Brembo on these brakes for my Gen II ACR, $32,995 with GT calipers and $42,995 with the GT-R calipers (monoblock billet calipers). :omg:

bushido

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I can get the ZR1 CC brakes for my Z06 for $9-10K at my dealer..

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited: