Thread: Anyone Have Experience with 3 piece hardtop from The Viper Store?

Reply to Thread

Question Anyone Have Experience with 3 piece hardtop from The Viper Store?

I'm thinking about purchasing a hardtop for my '93 RT-10. The Viper Store in Spring Hill, FL sells a three piece unit with a roof scoop that can be dismantled and placed in the trunk. I'm 6'1"so I'm concerned about headroom. It doesn't appear to have a bubble top for extra headroom, but you can lower the seat 1" or 2" if you purchase their lowering kit. They also sell new windows that fit with their top.

The top I am considering is at http://www.theviperstore.com/Picture..._Hard_Tops.htm

It looks like a pretty nice setup, but I was wondering if anyone out there has experience with the three part top, the windows, or their lowering kit. Just trying to learn more before dropping several grand.

Thanks.

Enthusiast

Default Re: Anyone Have Experience with 3 piece hardtop from The Viper Store?

That's Jeff Lemke's top. See post #8 below.

http://www.mach7motorsports.com/page/page/1012985.htm

To answer your question, it's an awesome top. It does take away some headroom...I'm 5' 10'' and it's no problem for me, but it might be for a 6' 1" dude.
    Last edited by LifeIsGood; 01-01-2013 at 08:09 PM. Reason: I was misinformed

Enthusiast

I'm 6'2", around 240lbs, and lowering the seat was absolutely mandatory. I removed the rails altogether and bolted the seat to the floor. I still have to slouch a bit while driving and forget about putting a helmet on. (road course, autox, drag strip) Love the look of it though! (Gen 1 top and car, Gen 2 doors)

I also picked up the Autoform for race days, also a nice top, plenty of room for my helmet.

Viper Owner

[QUOTE=AndyMac;3139507]I'm 6'2", around 240lbs, and lowering the seat was absolutely mandatory. I removed the rails altogether and bolted the seat to the floor. I still have to slouch a bit while driving and forget about putting a helmet on. (road course, autox, drag strip) Love the look of it though! (Gen 1 top and car, Gen 2 doors)

I also picked up the Autoform for race days, also a nice top, plenty of room for my helmet.

[/QUOTE

That looks great. I want a 3 piece so bad

Thanks AndyMac. Based on your comment about lowering the seats to the floor and still being tight, sounds like it's not what I should get, but I sure like the looks of it.

Rand

Viper Owner

This dude's a baller...2 tops? I think it's because the Canadian dollar is doing so well against the U.S. dollar.

Enthusiast

Not really, just got a wicked deal on both...

Viper Owner

Hey, guys. Just to clarify, three piece tops are still being produced, they're just inconsistent on how fast each order is delivered.

Viper Owner

Victor is 6'1' and has the Lemke top. No issue with it on a street day, but he does have the seat lowered 2 inches to fit his helmet for race days. Let me know if you want pics on our '94.

Diane

Viper Owner

Quote Originally Posted by Randwortman View Post
    Thanks AndyMac. Based on your comment about lowering the seats to the floor and still being tight, sounds like it's not what I should get, but I sure like the looks of it.

Rand
    No worries... 2" seat lowering kit and you will have no problem at all. It's definitely worth it being able to pull over and setup a top in a few minutes when the sky turns for the worst.
    I'm 6'0" and 1" probably would've been fine... I went with 2" just becasue I didn't want to feel closterfobic while driving. I also think its the best looking top for the rt/10s.
    Go for it!
    Mike

Viper Owner

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lemke View Post
    Hey, guys. Just to clarify, three piece tops are still being produced, they're just inconsistent on how fast each order is delivered.
    Hi Jeff,

I just sent you an email the other day in regards to the tops. Glad to know your still producing them. I will be putting in an order this month with you. Is it realistic to think that I would have it by say April?