GEN V pics!

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I meant to post these a while ago but just didn't have the time. You may have already seen them in the gallery but now here they are in a thread. :D

DSCN0542.JPG

DSCN0543.JPG

DSCN0544.JPG

DSCN0545.JPG

DSCN0546.JPG

DSCN0547.JPG

DSCN0549.JPG

DSCN0550.JPG

DSCN0551.JPG

DSCN0552.JPG

DSCN0553.JPG

DSCN0554.JPG

I really like this shot.
DSCN0555.JPG

DSCN0557.JPG

DSCN0558.JPG

DSCN0558.JPG

DSCN0560.JPG

DSCN0561.JPG

DSCN0562.JPG

DSCN0563.JPG

OP
OP

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
More....:D

Now I really like this shot. You can see A LOT of the GEN II and GEN IV in this pic

DSCN0564.JPG

DSCN0565.JPG

DSCN0566.JPG

DSCN0567.JPG

DSCN0568.JPG

DSCN05691.JPG

Notice what it says behind the seat. ;)
DSCN0570.JPG

DSCN05711.JPG

DSCN0574.JPG

BEAutiful carbon fiber. :2tu:
DSCN0575.JPG

DSCN05791.JPG

DSCN05771.JPG

DSCN0578.JPG

The car just look so angry in this pic. I love it!!
DSCN0581.JPG

Now this was a pre-production car so of course there are some body gap issues but I still think the car looked fantastic. Big thanks to one of our newest local VCA Oh sponsors for letting me take pics of the car and spend a good amount of time at their dealership. :)

KenricGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks great. I wonder if that SRT hood would cool better than GTS hood. You can order SRT hood with GTS right?

OP
OP

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks great. I wonder if that SRT hood would cool better than GTS hood. You can order SRT hood with GTS right?

No. Thats was a preliminary option when the car was introduced back in april but SRT decided they wanted the cars to have their own identity so the SRT gets the six vents and the GTS gets the two vents.

Nice Pics Thanx ! :2tu:

Thanks!

ACRucrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score

One of Ralphs comments was the srt hood does cool better than the gts model. It was in the comment section after reading either newsweek or motortrend if i recall.

Jance GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I really hope they fix the rear deck lid gap and the rubber molding for the hood. To me the molding just kills the overall look on anything but black paint.

DSCN0550.JPG

doctorbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pictures of this car have been shown before on the Generation V forums. It is still a pre-production car that is on "loan" to the dealership.

Policy Limits

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Black brake calipers. Hmmmm. I was told production cars could only be ordered with red ones?

Ev1E9

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought SRTs were going to have black caliper, and GTSs were going to have red. Similar to Porsche. S models get red caliper, and standard models get black. CCCBs get yellow.

OP
OP

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SRT needs to spiff up their showrooms if they seriously want crossover buyers from the likes of Porsche. I mean.... balloons?

They should move that rod away from the quater panel. Dealerships kill me with there lack of respect for a $110000.00 Car

BlackSnake & supersnake...They don't have their SRT dealership materials yet. I was told they would be getting them soon. Showroom is gonna look real sharp once they get thew tuff in.

What color is it?

Adrenaline Red. It's the new Viper red.

Black brake calipers. Hmmmm. I was told production cars could only be ordered with red ones?

The base SRT models will have black calipers while the GTS models will get red ones.ANother way to try and separate the two models. :)

I thought SRTs were going to have black caliper, and GTSs were going to have red. Similar to Porsche. S models get red caliper, and standard models get black. CCCBs get yellow.

Correct :)

Are those the base level (fabric) seats? If so, they still look good.

Yes. While I wasn't able to sit in the car the base interior did look FANTASTIC! Fit and finish was beyond awesome.

OP
OP

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I really hope they fix the rear deck lid gap and the rubber molding for the hood. To me the molding just kills the overall look on anything but black paint.

DSCN0550.JPG

NOt sure how you would fix the rubber stripping for the hood. I'm sure its there to prevent rubbing of the hood on the fender.

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Couldnt they just have had the hood lip by the rubber "hang"over and cover the rubber? it would have looked MUCH better and be in keeping with the other gaps on the car. Jeff Lemke could probably fix this.

Grisoman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The D-shaped steering wheel is nearly identical to the SRT 392 Challenger's except it's missing the shiny bling cover on the flat part.

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can't wait until someone shows up with one at an event or cruise:2tu: Life will take on a whole new perspective...:D

ArlyDude

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They should have placed those plants in the front of the car to cover the awfulness of the front bumper.

To each his own, but the opening of the mouth on the front of the car screams RICE and the lights on the side scream Corvette. The lights in no way keep the look of the viper the same as it was in all the previous models. At first glance, you can't say this car does not resemble a Vette. The rest of the car is ok, but there are too many plastic looking panels in the back between the rear lights making it look cheesy.

Nothing will come close to the original Gen II styling...to me at least.

SADVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
it does cool better and blimey if it is indeed basic interior it does look fantastic!!

3whitevipers

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
It was nice to see such a great photo display of the SRT rather than the GTS. You did a great job showing off the entire car--it looks great. I'm favoring the SRT track pac car at this point--just need blue stripes for obvious reasons--Dave

kdaviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They should have placed those plants in the front of the car to cover the awfulness of the front bumper.

To each his own, but the opening of the mouth on the front of the car screams RICE and the lights on the side scream Corvette. The lights in no way keep the look of the viper the same as it was in all the previous models. At first glance, you can't say this car does not resemble a Vette. The rest of the car is ok, but there are too many plastic looking panels in the back between the rear lights making it look cheesy.

Nothing will come close to the original Gen II styling...to me at least.
What's wrong with plastic? You realize that the high tech thermoplastics used on the Viper are vastly different than common plastics like PVC, ABS, etc? And when Have Corvettes used lights that look like the gen V? Until the C-6, all of them were completely horizontal. Then Corvette decdied that Viper-esque lights were the way to go, and started using them.

OP
OP

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It was nice to see such a great photo display of the SRT rather than the GTS. You did a great job showing off the entire car--it looks great. I'm favoring the SRT track pac car at this point--just need blue stripes for obvious reasons--Dave

Thanks! The car is so photogenic. Always fun to take pictures of a viper. :)

thompsonracing

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The GenV looks amazing! I def like the SRT hood better. Should have been on the GTS.

What is wrong with people today? Why would you bring a baby stroller into a showroom? To make it worse, they had a little kid pushing it around. I don't care if it's the owner's kids, it's unacceptable!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave