Gen 1 owners ... Please report

jdeft1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got Gen 1? I'd like to meet you, hear your stories... Post 'em here to keep me in the VCA...... haha

Cheers

PittsburghRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great car, but the lack of roll up windows gets old after a while. I have 3 sets of windows for my car (Northwind, Vipermania, and oem)... they all **** compared to real windows. I often wish I listened to dad and bought a gen2 for that reason. But, this is the original Viper that is just plain raw like a Shelby Cobra with air conditioning. I plan to add a newer model to the garage eventually, but don't think I could ever let go of the old gen1.

RedEnuf93

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gen 1 here. Red.
Plenty of stories...... and I'm keeping my mouth closed.

well, maybe one. One of the "turbo-youngsters" asked me if I get any chicks with the Viper?
I told him, Dude..... I'm 50 and a lot wiser than when I was 25. Why in the hell would I have another woman??

Zee

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Great car, but the lack of roll up windows gets old after a while. I have 3 sets of windows for my car (Northwind, Vipermania, and oem)... they all **** compared to real windows. I often wish I listened to dad and bought a gen2 for that reason. But, this is the original Viper that is just plain raw like a Shelby Cobra with air conditioning. I plan to add a newer model to the garage eventually, but don't think I could ever let go of the old gen1.

This was a huge reason I passed on Gen 1. It sounds minor but I am so happy I went with a Gen II instead.
Gen II also has the added HP and up to 99 has the forged motor which is a big plus if you plan to mod.

The side exhaust also burns your feet if your not careful since it can be tough to get in and out of the car.

propsail

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When I brought my 94 home and showed the wife, the conversation went like this:
Wife: where's the door handle?
Me: what do I need door handles for? There's no windows.
Wife: no windows?
Me: what do I need windows for? There's no roof.

She walked away and hasn't stepped foot in my garage since. Its been Heaven.

VYPR BYT 94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got Gen 1? I'd like to meet you, hear your stories... Post 'em here to keep me in the VCA...... haha

Cheers

Gen1 Here... Curves and SidePipes Baby!
Here's the pic...

attachment.php

and here is the story... btw jdeft1, you should remember because I went back just now to read it and saw you posted this funny statement...
"You're lucky you didn't spend the night in jail with those cool jammies! You'd be the talk of the clink...... haha"

Busted on Maiden Voyage!

Of all the comments I got back then, your is the one I still remember. :D

VYPR BYT 94

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Now that's funny! :lmao:

Zee

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Lmao...love it!!!

rpm9000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

This is my Gen.1 right after the Houston Half Mile Run. My wife will not set foot in my Viper anymore. She says it is too loud, too low, and rides like a log wagon. It's GREAT!!

mbccenter

Legacy Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Yellow and Red one here. Red one is for sale but the yellow is the wifes :) I have gen 1,2, and 3 but I drive the Gen 1 the most.

AndyMac

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wife: We're not buying a Viper this year, we'll get my Corvette first.
Me: That's fine :)
2 days later
Wife: OMG, just found a Yellow Viper in Canada for a good deal. (17 hour drive)
Me: and?
Wife: Damn it, make the call.

She did get her Vette.. :)

Some people crap on the Gen1's (even RT/10's in general), but there is NO better feeling than driving down the road with the top off. If I want to be a GTS, I just slap the autoform top on and away I go. :)

Texas1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's mine...wife says it drives like a truck, is to low (I didn't dare tell her about the coilovers I just ordered), & is to loud...neighbors think it's thundering & about to storm when I start her up...and as you all know it's close to $100 to fill her up...and me........I just grin & smile that I am fortunate enough to own & drive my dream car........priceless!!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:

Sainthitch

Viper Owner
Reaction score
i love my 94 for all the bad reasons everyone always talks about!

Burns your legs-hells yes it does
no windows or roof-awesome! less to clean
loud-any real V10 should be!
rough ride-its a true drivers car!

this car is like old spice man-it puts hair on your chest.

impalassed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
94 red for me... Bought in 2009. First one so I had to pick the one burned into my memory to start the collection off with, right? On display at the Chicago auto show back in my college days.... Ahhh that first sight... we all remember it well. Sat in a few in the late 90's and early 2000's and new someday I would own one. Right now it's in pieces as I upgrade the stereo. Nothing fancy just a modern upgrade.... In case your wondering running speaker wire from the back "trunk" to the doors has its challenges! But I found the way. And have not needed to drill any new holes but that's a subject for another post. Mechanically it's sound but needs head gaskets, motor mounts and a few new gaskets here and there. It's fun and I enjoy driving it.... The wife.... Not so much.... Apparently windows that roll up and AC are important....

SSGSNAKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have a 1 and 4 and the one is lots of fun drive it as much as the 4 totally different car

Zee

Viper Owner
Reaction score
There is nothing better than driving with the top off at 100 mph on a sunny day. :2tu:

Some people crap on the Gen1's (even RT/10's in general), but there is NO better feeling than driving down the road with the top off. If I want to be a GTS, I just slap the autoform top on and away I go. :)[/QUOTE]

OP
OP
jdeft1

jdeft1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good stuff gents. Glad to know I'm not the only one 'round here who's wife stays clear of the viper...

viper67wife

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I admit, I'm the odd one - the wife who posts more often than Victor does at this point! Red with white stripes Gen 1, and I love it. I do love it more with the roof and windows off though.... It's my fault he bought it anyway - I needed a great birthday gift idea and rented him a yellow RT10 one year... 4 years later one showed up in the garage.

1600 miles when we bought it in 2009, over 20,000 now.
Diane

JWVIPER

VCA Member
Reaction score
I own 8 cars but still get kick out like no other when I get behind the wheel of my old Gen 1...

scottmarston

Viper Owner
Reaction score
1995; girlfriend hates it...says everybody stares. Never been pulled over in it...knock on wood.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper