Thread: Gen 1 owners ... Please report

Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Gen 1 owners ... Please report

1993 here. If the wife doesn't hate it, its not a real Viper. :P

Attachment 24595

Viper Owner

Put on headers and new exhaust. Improved on both end, way louder and the stills don't burn your calves. LOL Wraped exhaust in wrap, help cooled it, gained HP. I've lost it 3 times going from first to second. Never anything serious have been able to keep itn under control. Once at an 1/8th mile track an inch away from totaling the car. Put on 18' fronts and 19" back and the rims look great. Looks great and lots better traction. Have a 68 charger and a 73 cuda but drive this the most. Hard top, soft top. Wife has never driven it. Grandson loved it, he is into lightning McQueen but my son in law honked the horn in the garage and he is afraid of it now. He'll grow out of it.

Viper Owner

Quote Originally Posted by jsquared View Post
    1993 here. If the wife doesn't hate it, its not a real Viper. :P

Attachment 24595
    I digg it.. My ride usually fills with water when it looks like that but.... I love the snow in the background. You just had to get her out!!
    Last edited by jdeft1; 01-19-2013 at 10:34 PM.

I love the snow in the background. You just had to get her out!!
    Haha yeah...I'm one of the only idiots, I mean, one of the only Viper enthusiasts, you will ever see in a Gen I in the middle of January, in Minnesota...

Enthusiast

Love my Gen 1... 1994 with A/C and it's one my favorite cars in my small collection and photographs very well... onecatnodog

Viper Owner

Vintage car with vintage planes.....very cool! I think they both have the same ride qualities

Enthusiast

Thanx guys now I am REALLY missing my Gen1. That car was a blast to drive, lots different than my GTS. Maybe the blower had something to do with that!

In closing, if anybody knows the whereabouts of a red 94 with silver stripes, Paxton blower and venzano interior, let that person know I would like to buy his (or her) car.

Viper Owner

Red 95 Gen I recently purchased in Idaho and had it shipped to Michigan. I am second owner and first owner actually won the car in the Idaho State Lottery in 1995. Came with a lot of documentation showing it was a prize from a Idaho State Lottery Viper scratch off ticket, second chance drawing.

Viper Owner

HaHa, Red THAT is A GOOD One There! And MORE Truth to it than some may Realize (but, then again you may Have to be around 50 to Understand it) Lol! jmo!

Viper Owner

Quote Originally Posted by Texas1 View Post
    Here's mine...wife says it drives like a truck, is to low (I didn't dare tell her about the coilovers I just ordered), & is to loud...neighbors think it's thundering & about to storm when I start her up...and as you all know it's close to $100 to fill her up...and me........I just grin & smile that I am fortunate enough to own & drive my dream car........priceless!!!
    Close to $100 to fill her up? Damn, What do you put in it, Racing Fuel? jw!

Viper Owner

Quote Originally Posted by 1995 RT10 View Post
    Red 95 Gen I recently purchased in Idaho and had it shipped to Michigan. I am second owner and first owner actually won the car in the Idaho State Lottery in 1995. Came with a lot of documentation showing it was a prize from a Idaho State Lottery Viper scratch off ticket, second chance drawing.
    Interesting story. Would be real cool if they gave you the ticket stub when you bought the car.

Viper Owner

So great to hear you gen 1 guys pipe up. I decided to drop my club membership this year because the club's not about the old cars (and has little respect for them, from my perspective). I'll stay in the game though.....(heck, the club's got $400 of my dough for naught, so far).

My story: Two gen 1's bought/sold....(and driven plenty) since '99, but 1 more to keep. I drive a '94 now. It's not a DD but I drive it as much as I can... Poor thing just came out today for a nice warm-up, but too much salt on the roads here to drive. It's a very well maintained car with only 38k on the clock! I'd love to drive it more if the weather would participate.

Here's to the original VIPER !! A bare bones sports car with no nannies, lots of HP and no top!!!! Perfect!

OP.

I now have that Viper. I live in Wichita Ks. Wanted one of these sice they came out. Now 42 and could get one.

Enthusiast

I just bought my black 1994 RT/10 this past weekend. It's been a dream for 22 years and this past weekend that dream came true. I now have the car I was dreaming about in high school.

Hope this thread is still active....i bought my first viper (3rd owner) about a year ago from a owner in Greenwich CT. Guy lived on about 50 acres of beautiful property and didnt have time for the car anymore. Its a black 94 with autoform hardtop and Venzano interior. Funny thing was...about a month after i bought the car, i saw my actual car on youtube for sale in Georgia. The original owner traded it in to a car lot, the guy in CT bought it from them, now its mine. The 2nd owner only put about 1,000 miles on the car the time he had it.

I bought my 94 Viper last year, after dreaming about it since being a child and playing the very first Need for Speed game, where the Viper was definitely the most outrageous car. Back then, I spent a few years trying to get my dad to buy one, but somehow he did not...
    Anyway, I now spent 2 seasons with it and just love it. Everytime I get home with my daily driver, I smile when I see her in the garage.

Viper Owner

94 Owner here. I get the window thing, especially OEM. I had Steve at Autoform build me a top and window package and it looks so much better. But functionality wise, I agree, it is a pain with Gen 1 windows. I basically leave everything on the car now (Top/Windows) and just run a/c. But it is loud, etc. and I was caught in a downpour the other day and it still leaks horribly lol. Maybe that is part of the charm though

IMG950857.jpg
    Custom vinyl and leather interior

VCA Member
    Pacific Northwest

Here Is me! 1995 Roadster...Al's 1995 Viper.jpgAl's 1995 Viper.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by RT10Lover View Post
    I bought my 94 Viper last year, after dreaming about it since being a child and playing the very first Need for Speed game, where the Viper was definitely the most outrageous car. Back then, I spent a few years trying to get my dad to buy one, but somehow he did not...
    Anyway, I now spent 2 seasons with it and just love it. Everytime I get home with my daily driver, I smile when I see her in the garage.
    I must have had hundreds of hours on that original need for speed game....the blue rt/10 that was never a production year color lol...great game cause it had all the detailed specs on each car.

Viper Owner

Gen1 owner here, a big fan of the RT/10
    My bone stock with 6k miles on the clock

Enthusiast

ViperRed, that is one mighty fine example!

VCA Member
    CO/NM

Bought my red 94 RT/10 in January. Have had a few different older muscle cars (70 Chevelle 396, 79 Lil Red Express truck, 69 Mustang 428 Cobra Jet, General Lee 69 Charger, and still have my 65 Mustang fastback Shelby "R" replica, but the Viper is the most fun to cruise in!) Had to resolve a few minor electrical/temp sensor issues but now everything works and it is a blast to drive through the Colorado mountains. All stock except it has 18" 96? wheels. Thought I saw its twin going down the road in Pueblo WIMG_1863.jpgest a couple weeks back so if any other Gen 1 owners are around here, let me know. Don in Canon City.

Viper Owner

I had mine...put almost 100k miles on it, sold it, went to buy it back and the guy totaled it...glad he made it but sad i couldn't get the car back...

VCA Member
    Pacific Northwest

%22Cruzin%22.jpg

My 1995 RT/10...

VCA Member
    Pacific Northwest

%22Cruzin%22.jpg

Jus Cruzin
    Last edited by longbal1; 02-10-2017 at 07:49 PM. Reason: duplicate how do i delete

I mean I have that Viper that was won in the Idaho lottery 2 owners ago.

After being seduced by the stallion, I am happy to say I kicked the ponies out of the barn and got back into the Viper. I have owned several and to be honest this one is the most fun I have driven. I have had the Hennessy and a regular bone stock 04 srt 10. I owned a GTS-R that was a gutted monster, but this one really feels like a special car. I am happy to say that I don't intend on selling this one. Had I known they were this good I probably would have started with one.

It's great to be back!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2