SRT CEO Ralph Gilles Interviews at Willow Springs Jan 5 2013

OP
OP
S

SrtBrad

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice video. I believe I also have footage of you on the track. I will edit the official video later and include your car in the video if you like.

It was a really fun day. I'll post a quick video of my lap where Ralph passed me. It was really cool to be on the track with him.
Later I'll try to put together a video from other stuff I shot that day.

~Jay

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k__j16-8V8o

Jay M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, I'm not a very fast driver, and he is, plus he has 140 more HP. I wanted him to have a clean lap since he was our special guest. Also, there was no one else behind me, so I slowed down so I could have could have some space to myself.

~Jay

Jay M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice video. I believe I also have footage of you on the track. I will edit the official video later and include your car in the video if you like.

That would be awesome! Thanks. There were 3 red vipers like mine. I'm the one with the red helmet.

~Jay

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jay.

Great video.

People need to understand that this was not a racing day. It was a day for those who have Vipers to experience them on the track. We were divided into 3 groups for running and you could move up or down depending on your comfort level.

Many owners have been intimidated by track days, when it seem that everybody is driving on the edge. This day was different. Everybody could drive at the speeds they felt most comfortable. No trophys were awarded, and times were not taken down. If some faster drivers were behind you, you could just wave them by, and then continue at your own pace.

Most everybody got faster and more comfortable as the day went by, and the smiles on the drivers coming into the pits said it all.

We even had an assortment of cars on the track, varying from a SRT Challenger to McLaren's latest models. It was a great day to be out on the track, and hone your skills in a relatively safe and non threatening venue.

Many who had never been on a track before got the chance to experience the thrill, and then bring it in, and watch for a while as the red group really put down the speed. You could learn a ton, and have lots of stories to tell.

Our thanks, once again, go out to Dan Cragin and SPT for his most generous offer to host this unique event.

jsd512

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great video, Gilles is such a wonderful front man for Chrysler.

I Bin Therbefor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice Vid , Love the Fact that Ralph and Dick exude Passion !!! :) :2tu:

IMO, all great products are the result of passion. Competence can be learned or hired, but passion must come from within and be genuine. It is the result of that inner passion that we see. When passion and competence meet opportunity then truly incredible things happen. Ralph is in a place and at a time in history where the expression of his passion and competence have resulted in a Viper that the rest of us can appreciate and enjoy. Not a perfect car but a passionate car. Not a car created with unlimiter resources but a car created with blood, sweat and tears from limited resources and within tough boundry requirements for profit and value. That passion inspired and provided the leadership to an equally dedicated group of participants in the creation process. The Gen V is not just a a car but an expression of the inner passion of those participants. :2tu:

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Love those pictures over on the Viper Truck club site ! Especially with the new Gen Viper out amongst so many examples of previous versions. It definitely looks great. I should have made the trip over there for the event !

OP
OP
S

SrtBrad

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the compliments on the video and pictures. Maybe the VCA could invite the VTCOA and some other Ram Srt10's to the track events to add a little spice.

Policy Limits

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What a great video! Thanks for sharing! Now can't wait to see that episode of Jay Leno's Garage!!