Hello bought a 99 gts and have questions!

Undrpsi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello, I bought a 99 GTS with an RSI TT kit with 6262e precision turbos.

So I've herd and seen on underground racing that it will do 1000 wheel and with good octane.

It's at 6 pounds and she will be going up from there. It's getting turned up and I got a great tuner that wants to run E85.
So what breaks on these cars?

Not sure what's done with the motor. Had a head off and it's got T&D rockets, I put an aeromotive eliminator fuel pump and has 750cc injectors. Aftermarket half shaves.

So good base for some extra power.

Thanks for any help!

LifeIsGood

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congratulations...it sounds like it's a monster...or well on the way. I can't answer any of your questions but some will chime in with the info I'm sure.

Archie Lessard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi; I'm the president of the Viper Club of America, Minnesota. Congrats on your purchase. Send me your e-mail address and check out our web site. It's under the Minnesota region link. [email protected]

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
so yu bought a 1000rwhp viper and have no idea whats been done to the engine ? im guessing a leakdown test wasnt done before buying it either ? and now youre going to turn up the power ? why was the head off ?

speedracervr4

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My guess is he meant valve cover and not the head? There are a couple of guys on the "other" website running the same kit with good results (800+rwhp). I would not worry too much about #s, but more about how it runs and who is tuning it. It's hard to compare that kit to a UGR build since most of them had built motors.Post up some pics.

OP
OP
U

Undrpsi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
RSI did the kit... Had 810hp on the hood, owner before me bought it from a guy that cracked acouple pistons and had all 10 replaced and the heads redone with new updated turbos rotors pads, and sounds like an oil change!:) at a dealer down south. Have the paper work somewhere. Guy put 2k on the car and traded it in. Ran really bad.

Two tanks of fresh fuel, ping went away. Had a miss after driven for awhile, took a while to figure that out... So replaced both coils and crank and cam sensors fixed. Then I could hear it ping top of third, got the software and cable to took at the AEM. Found out wide band was bad. Still did it and car started to run really bad. Found out that you can not run a paper filter before the pump! Will not flow and could and did take out the motor before hand! So glad I was paying attention to the ping in third and getting out of it! The head was off cause I over revved it!:( push rod was off the rocked and the rocker put a big dent in the valve cover baffle... I took the head off and valve was straight relapsed put back together and still a pop... Readjusted all the valves pop was gone and it ran better then when I bought it! Veronica and me have been on are ups and downs... Ha ha... But 6psi is a waste of two beautiful turbos...

I've been around turbo car for a good couple years... Last car was an 2001 camaro 6spd car with a 76mm made 612rwtq and 584rwhp. She was lowered 18 19 HRE wheels... and took out 95% of the cars on the road. Brake boost at 60 three honks off the brakes and roast the tires and lil sideways down the road. You would never have seen it coming!

OP
OP
U

Undrpsi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well underground has stock motor 96-99 1000rwhp on C16.

I think this 488 cubic inch beast can take it. I gotta get a clutch in her, it's shot.

I had a talk with McLead and he said,"the underground racing 1600whp car is running are clutch."

I said,"sounds like it works!"

OP
OP
U

Undrpsi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited: