Reaction score
Let's go for a simple SRT:

stripes
guzzler and destination
track pack
touring
red leather

That is less than 115,000

If you convince me on your calculations I might change my heart from GTS to SRT.

PLEASE DO CONVINCE ME I NEED A REASON NOT TO SPLASH OUT THAT MUCH :(

SADVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If all the cars noted were the same price, no one in their right mind would pick the Viper over any of the others.
Please. A little reality here.

Of course there are different leagues and classes, few exotics are of the very top and surely the Viper is not there, maybe yet.

But if prices are to be of a close range for all the cars then this mean the Viper reached the very top class level or the other cars downgraded :p

SSGSNAKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
At that price buy a ford gt with low milage will hold it's value may be a little more but they are only going up in value don't get me wrong I do like my vipers

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
At that price buy a ford gt with low milage will hold it's value may be a little more but they are only going up in value don't get me wrong I do like my vipers
Maybe this was true two years ago, most gts are priced ~ 200k now!!

emericr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sticker shock. OUCH
The few people that want the Viper the first year decked out will have to pay that $160K. Price of admission to be the first. More power to them.
Wait about a year or so and you will find new GTS with 15K to 20K off sticker.
SRT will not be able to sell many cars at that price. I can get a new R8 V10 for that amount.

Policy Limits

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If all the cars noted were the same price, no one in their right mind would pick the Viper over any of the others.

The point was, and it seems a couple got it, contrary to the OP suggesting that the car is so expensive, relatively speaking its not. The price comparisons listed weren't opinions; they were facts. And I can and did pick the snake over some of those others. I value exclusivity. I know FOUR people with 458's: red black yellow and white and a FIFTH is currently building the spider to spec currently. I know TWO currently building aventadors: one verde ithica and one arancio argos. I know ONE person building the MP4-12C to spec and besides myself there are ZERO people in my region that I know of building the new GTS to spec. who the hell wants to have something others have? the worst part is that these guys all attend the same rallies and events so the lack of exclusivity is really self evident. I think the new Viper is really gonna be exclusive, its performance numbers are up there too. Is it 0-60 in 2 seconds like the McLaren? no. But it does it in the mid 3's and the price point for what it is really is something of a bargain.:2tu:

OP
OP
A

ACRucrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The point was, and it seems a couple got it, contrary to the OP suggesting that the car is so expensive, relatively speaking its not. :
To clarify I was not suggesting the new Viper is so expensive, I was sharing a thought I had, "Just how much can one option out/ add to the Viper?" Mainly because I didn't know and I never added it up, I figured many others havent either. Just sharing facts, not suggesting expense.If others want to get into dick measuring contests about Lambos and Ferraris etc that's their prerogative.

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
To clarify I was not suggesting the new Viper is so expensive, I was sharing a thought I had, "Just how much can one option out/ add to the Viper?" Mainly because I didn't know and I never added it up, I figured many others havent either. Just sharing facts, not suggesting expense.If others want to get into dick measuring contests about Lambos and Ferraris etc that's their prerogative.

lol

Get whatever you want and be happy with it.

Bruce

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The invoice price on the 2009 Viper SRT10 Coupe was $82,989 for the base car, which had an MSRP of $89,340; Customer Preferred Package 21B added $12,060 (MSRP $13,550). The gas guzzler tax adds $1,751 to the cost but Chrysler charges owners a rounded-down $1,700. The destination charge of $930 is the same for the dealer and the buyer.

But then again, you can still buy brand spanking new Gen IV ACR off the lots at $110k a pop.

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In other words, the Gen IV and Gen V started out close to the same price. What was the 21B package?

The invoice price on the 2009 Viper SRT10 Coupe was $82,989 for the base car, which had an MSRP of $89,340; Customer Preferred Package 21B added $12,060 (MSRP $13,550). The gas guzzler tax adds $1,751 to the cost but Chrysler charges owners a rounded-down $1,700. The destination charge of $930 is the same for the dealer and the buyer.

But then again, you can still buy brand spanking new Gen IV ACR off the lots at $110k a pop.

Policy Limits

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Oh my bad; I believe it was the second poster to utilize the word "expensive". And it's a good thing we have no such contests because I'd hafta have the ruler special ordered. ;). The car has a perfect price point IMO and I'm glad to be building one to spec

Kratos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the point is that the Viper is a good value for what you pay for it. For as little as $100k you can take on the most exotic cars on the track. Or option it out if you like with more bells and whistles, if you prefer more creature comforts and "rich, Corinthian leather," as Ricardo Montalban would say, LOL. Still at a third to half the price of a 458. The price of the 458 bases at $237k, but the one Car and Driver just tested totaled $333k with options. Now that's what I call expensive. To me, the Viper is an outstanding value. It is one gorgeous, bad ass machine as well.

For the record, I agree with what you are saying.....but I find it interesting that after the human mind has something that costs much more than what is discussed, the amount in question is now considered small. "For as little as 100K".......just started laughing when I read that line. Haha......I bet marketers have figured this out....."You want someone to buy something expensive...well show them something that costs a lot more"......

But like I said, I agree with you, just find that interesting...

TonyCool

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Wrong I'd pick the viper :headbang: then again maybe I'm not in my right mind. They just don't do it for me.

VENOM V

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For the record, I agree with what you are saying.....but I find it interesting that after the human mind has something that costs much more than what is discussed, the amount in question is now considered small. "For as little as 100K".......just started laughing when I read that line. Haha......I bet marketers have figured this out....."You want someone to buy something expensive...well show them something that costs a lot more"......

But like I said, I agree with you, just find that interesting...

Haha, you're right - I sounded like a used car salesman. Shoot me now, LOL :rolaugh:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dsalameh