2014 Corvette

Sybil TF

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think it looks great.

I can't get over the tail lights. Looks like it is going to transform into a robot. Everything else works. All black car will look the best to hide the black around it's rear eyes.

06blueviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If the C7 actually sells for $50K, I'm not sure I could resist buying one. First Vette I've ever considered purchasing.

EZ 2B Green

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looking at the steering wheel, I can't help but think of "War of the Worlds".

You must be registered for see images attach

In addition to the nose/headlights (front view), they also copied the Gen 5 Viper passenger "Oh Sh@*" handle.

Maybe it will grow on me, but the Viper is nicer inside and outside in my opinion.

DrTaco

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'll sum it up in THEIR own words:

"It's fast, it's comfortable and it's easy to drive" = it ain't no GTS. I'll pass. (but, it does look sharp)

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll sum it up in THEIR own words:

"It's fast, it's comfortable and it's easy to drive" = it ain't no GTS. I'll pass. (but, it does look sharp)

Yea, it's $90k less than a GTS. I don't think this base intro model is shooting for the GTS. Style looks Lotus like to me, very sharp.

DrTaco

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yea, it's $90k less than a GTS. I don't think this base intro model is shooting for the GTS. Style looks Lotus like to me, very sharp.

Oh, Nooo...I meant my 1996 GTS. I dont want to drive a comfortable and easy to drive spaceship. I want to drive a loud, uncomfortable and no frills Gen 2 Viper.

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The car looks good from many angles but this is the worst picture of the C7 I've seen so far... Is that rear window 720P or 1080?

Wow.

That's not a real pic, that's probably why you think it's the only one that looks bad. Easy tell is the C7 has carbon fiber removable roof with clear coat, not painted, and no rear fender brake vents.

Richie7

Viper Owner
Reaction score
They did a nice job with the C7. It looks good from every angle except that rear, Im not sure about it, it just doesnt look like it belongs on that car. Maybe it will look better seeing it in person. All in all good styling the Vette community should be happy with it. Great platform to build the Z06 off of. Hopefully the new Z will look more aggressive when it comes out.
Great time to be a car enthusiast for American muscle cars!!

JAY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
One Cool Option is the Lift off Roof ! The looks off a Hard Top and the Benifits of a Convertible ! Win, Win ! :2tu: :D

NO HEMI

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It has a viper front end, GT-R side and a camaro rear, but somehow it looks good, i like it, but 7 speeds, who needs all those gears, does it have skip shift from1 to 4 and from 4 to 7??!!!

klamathpro

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The front end was completely copied from the GENV. I talked with a designer on the Cadillac team that saw the C7 about a year ago and he said that before the Viper was unveiled, the headlights did not look like that. He thinks they were "tweaked" and says those LED lower lids were added after.

The rest of it is unique, actually better than I expected. But GM never gives me big expectations.

The rear scoops on top of the quarter panels are cool. I just wish the front end looked different from the Viper as it will once again be difficult to tell what's in the rear view mirror when you see it coming.

Copying is the best form of flattery I guess.

The rear hatch look a lot like Ferrari, like there's a mid engine in there.

johniew398

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry, even though I owned Vettes from 1985 - 2012, I won't be getting one. I am still waiting to see if we are going to get a new ACR from SRT.

jjp11

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It's a cool looking car. The problem is within a couple of years you will see one every 5 minutes of driving on a nice Sunday during the summer. If I am going to spend that kind of money on a fun car, I want it to be rare and unique.. Rare enough so that I still get excited when I see my own car in my own garage.

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It looks good! Some neat features too! The throttle blip on the 7sp manual is awesome! If the new Z has anywhere near 550 hp I'll be getting one! Love the sound of the v8!

Makara

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Only 450hp?:rolaugh: Is there going to be a Z06 or ZR1?

Ummm, at half the price of a base viper, a few hundred lbs less, 7 speed transmission, and a bunch of other features, that is a smoking deal. Wait until the Zo6 and the ZR1 come out before you start laughing. Remember, the old ZR1 still whips the new viper around a track.

cubican

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ummm, at half the price of a base viper, a few hundred lbs less, 7 speed transmission, and a bunch of other features, that is a smoking deal. Wait until the Zo6 and the ZR1 come out before you start laughing. Remember, the old ZR1 still whips the new viper around a track.
Really they dont call the Viper the ring king for nothing!!!!!!

Mopar488

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would not mind having one of these for my wife. I would rather buy a 2 seat Dodge like the Firepower or whatever it was called with a 500 HP for the same price point as the base Vette, not sure if we will see that though.

klamathpro

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I've been looking at more pics and videos. It really is a nice looking car. But the interior seems to be all over the place. There are buttons and switches in random spots and the fit and finish of the pieces look sub-par. The seats for once really do look nice. But the theme of the interior is lost. It almost seams like the driver side is about function without form and the passenger side is about ergonomics yet utilitarian. But I guess the interior follows the exterior. You could say the same things about the front and rear of this car. They don't look like they belong on the same car. But somehow it seems to work.

Boxer12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its definitely Techy looking, and needs to have some features blended. I like the fast back rear end, esp the quad center exhaust and ground effects, although the tail lights need a redo and the stick on rear spoiler looks out of place. The interior design is a disaster, with the passenger side looking like an afterthought. Why can't the get that right? The car should have a 7 speed DCT option with paddle shifters.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
molgera