Is Imitation the Sincerest Form of Flattery?

mnc2886

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just wanted to start something, but this does look too similar...

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think it's mostly just the front that is similar...

VYPR BYT 94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Honestly I think it's been at least 3 decades since the vette has had good looks imho.
From what I can tell, it seems to be an improvement so far because the car is starting to look aggresive.

ACRucrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If that's it, man its fugly. The GTR looks **** compared to that.

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just wanted to start something, but this does look too similar...

So, who do you think copied who? Which one put their model in "clay" first? I am seriously asking. Which one developed the design first ?

I don't care which one released photos first.

And why would one of these companies want to copy the other and dilute their brand image ? Does Corvette management really think that their customer base wants a car that looks like a Dodge? or vice versa?

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The hard lines just don't do it for me, personally.

The Avendator / Gallardo have beautiful hard lines, this just seems, off to me. Designed by committee is how it comes off. No doubt it will be a performer.

I personally prefer the curves, which the Viper has.

stingray23

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys, the red one is NOT the new vette. Thats a computer rendering by in independent company. The front end will look like the very top pic thats on the cover of Road and Track. It looks badass.

Policy Limits

Enthusiast
Reaction score
7pm ET tonite we'll know for sure. sux thats the front. coulda got the same look as the gen V for 70% less in cost as for the front end.

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seven (7) hours to go, but denial is a powerful feeling. I know Vette fans are going to trash the rear of the new car. Sorry fans but the rear will look very much like that above.

Despite the mocked up stills of the car by 3rd party photoshop experts, etc. the spy photos with clading do confirm just the above. I know my Callaway friends were just not impressed to say the least. From the middle of the front tires forward it looks okay. Everything else is going to have the "on-the-fencers" jumping to the Viper or the all new Mustang when it shows up next year or whatever. The styling of this C7 is just not in keeping with good taste. GM does not have a styling department which is evident in most all their products these days. One of their best looking cars Buick Regal GS could be a huge success if they dumped the front drive and put in a real powerplant. It is actually a really great looking car but they forgot to finish it and powe it up.

GM has issues these days as despite the Camero looking great on the street, it is a nightmare to actually drive. It has zero visibility and the interior is just plain clausterphobic even though it looks okay. Just like the Government, everything is designed in committee these days and everyone stands their ground to keep their small patch of lawn. The result is a dog's breakfast of a product. Viper-ish front clip, and roof. Camero-ish rear and Caddy XLR-ish side. Will be interesting to see the interior as that could be a real nice touch and one that will be a very good design. Sans the front clip of the new GEN V Viper, some minor tweaks here and there, and the bit excssive price tag, SRT got most of the new Viper right. Only area that may have suffered on new Viper most likely came from Committee discussions with FIAT at the end, when it's limits were put upon the product, from HP to breaking to most likely the price tags.

Unfortunately most all new cars are looking like the exterior designers are trying too hard to be different. Ford better watch themselves too with the Mustang re-design as well. It will most likely adopt something much smaller like the old FOX cars, whihc is probbly a good move but with a modern twist. If it looks like the committe train wreck above, it will not be good. Only saving grace is Ford seems to have some style in it's departments these days, just power is way down on everything but GT-500 in light of mpg. Don't get me wrong, it is amazing what they can get out of the Ecoboosts, but some of us just like V8s and V-10s.

Next Phase

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The front ends do look very similar... and I think the new vette will be a real winner. From what I read, the new LT1 motor will not make as much peak power as the LS7, but it will produce some very impressive numbers under the curve. SRT will need to step it up because this new C7 in Z06 and ZR1 form will put a real punishment on the Gen V.

strykergts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
GM has issues these days as despite the Camero looking great on the street, it is a nightmare to actually drive. It has zero visibility and the interior is just plain clausterphobic even though it looks okay. Just like the Government, everything is designed in committee these days and everyone stands their ground to keep their small patch of lawn. T

agreed on the camaro, I own a zl560 vert from slp for the wife, and I hate driving it with the top up. Its worse visibility than in my H1

As a side note, regardless of what rendering the new vette actually resembles, they lost my vote long ago since there is little to no differentiation between the different models. When the GS came out, it took away everything the zr1 and Z06 had to make them look distinguishable. But then again, that is exactly what GM has always done. This is why I switched to the viper now that I will actually get the wife to want to ride in one.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The front ends do look very similar... and I think the new vette will be a real winner. From what I read, the new LT1 motor will not make as much peak power as the LS7, but it will produce some very impressive numbers under the curve. SRT will need to step it up because this new C7 in Z06 and ZR1 form will put a real punishment on the Gen V.

I like it. It's fresh new and edgy looking.
They didnt feel the need to just euro-rize a 17 year old design.
And if the performance is there it will be a winner.

stingray23

Enthusiast
Reaction score

[/QUOTE]

VENOM V

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's growing on me. I like the front end, love the wheels. The interior and ass end still leave something to be desired to my eye, and still not liking the ricer gill in the side, but would like to see the real car before passing judgement.

Glad we've got another super car from the US of A. It's exciting to me that the Americans are taking the lead on super car performance, and at a price that is in reach of many more than their European competition. Go Viper and Corvette.

stingray23

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's growing on me. I like the front end, love the wheels. The interior and ass end still leave something to be desired to my eye, and still not liking the ricer gill in the side, but would like to see the real car before passing judgement.

Glad we've got another super car from the US of A. It's exciting to me that the Americans are taking the lead on super car performance, and at a price that is in reach of many more than their European competition. Go Viper and Corvette.

:headbang:

Sybil TF

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why can't they put nice muscular looking wheels on these cars now a days? For crying out loud!!!!!

bcmarly

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very angular looking and a big departure from the previous generation. The reveal takes place live tonight at 7 PM eastern. Looks to be a winner.

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Man, we're like 3 hrs from the real thing. Can't we wait for that and then complain?
LoL

I'm hoping for real change. I love the vette perf but the look is so tired to me, I hope it's very different and progressive.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Liberty235