20 inch rear wheel tire options?

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you are one of these smart people, I think our country is in trouble.

Hopefully your not one of the smart people. There is a nice little option to the far right under each little post that you want to talk trash about called multi-quote. This allows you to address multiple posts at the same time instead of clicking through a thread and individually responding multiple posts in a row. :)

OP
OP
I

Invasivore

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hopefully your not one of the smart people. There is a nice little option to the far right under each little post that you want to talk trash about called multi-quote. This allows you to address multiple posts at the same time instead of clicking through a thread and individually responding multiple posts in a row. :)

Sorry, I don't spend my life on the forums, so no need to know all the options :2tu:

OP
OP
I

Invasivore

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yes, so that makes you stupid?

Is see the collection of weekend experts have come along to claim victory over the design engineers and manufacturing data.

They came up with a great device a couple of years back called a yard stick. I'm sure you can find one at a garage sale somewhere.

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is 2013 in case you didn't know. I think you might need to buy a new calendar for the fridge :rolaugh:

Sorry some of us worked today at 5 am so were tired. Yes others of us actually have posts and have provided productive information to the community, funny that I've never seen your name prior to today. I have definitely spent a lot of time on the forums however this has resulted in me obtaining a ton of information about a vehicle I am very passionate about. Also considering I have done tons of work and sold tons of parts well I guess the forums aren't such a bad place to be are they. I look forward to your next useful post

Btw, I'm giving Dave a hard time, because he is kind of a D-bag. He does have some insightful info, but people skills, not so much!

Have you ever asked Dave for anything? Just curious. That D-Bag is more willing to help than half of the members here let alone provide free useful guidance. He has one of the most photo documented vehicles out there and has helped out myself and at least 20 others on numerous occasions.

Its all good, I don't hold grudges lol. Oh and that is a multi quote :)

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They came up with a great device a couple of years back called a yard stick. I'm sure you can find one at a garage sale somewhere.

The redneck means to measure tires involves a stick. The actual method involves science.

Can I pick you a new twig for your track days?

Signed, more science than pathetic house cat.

OP
OP
I

Invasivore

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Sorry some of us worked today at 5 am so were tired. Yes others of us actually have posts and have provided productive information to the community, funny that I've never seen your name prior to today. I have definitely spent a lot of time on the forums however this has resulted in me obtaining a ton of information about a vehicle I am very passionate about. Also considering I have done tons of work and sold tons of parts well I guess the forums aren't such a bad place to be are they. I look forward to your next useful post

Have you ever asked Dave for anything? Just curious. That D-Bag is more willing to help than half of the members here let alone provide free useful guidance. He has one of the most photo documented vehicles out there and has helped out myself and at least 20 others on numerous occasions.

Like I said, insightful, yes! People skills, no!

OP
OP
I

Invasivore

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The redneck means to measure tires involves a stick. The actual method involves science.

Can I pick you a new twig for your track days?

Signed, more science than pathetic house cat.

The purpose of the original post was to provide a metahpor, in that a crude device could disprove the size comparison of 2 supposed equal size tires. Apparently you didn't get that.

Like I said, insightful, yes! People skills, no! :rolaugh:

Last edited:
OP
OP
I

Invasivore

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Same here. Invos hold the power of my car better than my prior Michelins though wheel size was different. They do ride better surprisingly as well despite the lower profile.

The sidewall of nittos is slightly smaller due to shape but I have never heard they are not as wide.

Same sidewall series tires? I can tell you my 345's are definitely wider than my Michilin 335's. You do know if you compare different sidewall series then the width is affected correct? IE 30 series vs 20 series etc.

Edited for typo, sue me I'm tired.

Multi-quote!

Sybil TF

Enthusiast
Reaction score
+1
The first thing i noticed when switching the 345 Michelins that were on my Viper to 345 NittoInvo's was that the Tread Width was noticeably not as wide on the invo's. Sure they might have the same sidewall-to-sidewall measurement(345), but the Invo's taper inward leaving a smaller tread width.

Thank you!

AJ02

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Btw, I'm giving Dave a hard time, because he is kind of a D-bag. He does have some insightful info, but people skills, not so much!

Its all good, I don't hold grudges lol. Oh and that is a multi quote :)[/QUOTE]

When I met Dave, we and his lady friend had beers and burgers and talked cars the whole time. Very knowledgeable and friendly. I agree with King Snake---you should meet someone before passing judgement.

SRTHawk

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Not sure if this helps I run IForged 20's with Invos and have 0 issues. Sure it will slide around a little bit but thats me not driving the car/tires like they should be.

Here is a vid that I received when I asked the previous owner of my car the same question.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vL-sHH2xQHc&list=UUp00VvAHUx2JJeonE1zMkKw&index=77

Again I think a seasoned foot and some good ole self control will win the battle. I had to drive mine in the rain and even with the extra power it was way better than I thought it would be.

Good Luck!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kevsmu4