Military and LEO Snakes!!

latamud

Enthusiast
Reaction score
US Air Force
6006 - present
E5/SSgt Satellite Communication/Ground Radio
Eglin AFB, FL but moving to Charleston AFB, SC next week

Just wondering, the poeple that drive their vipers on base/post/camp, what kind of attention do you get? Most people are nice, but others are kind of haters. I have had a few that give me dirty looks like I shouldn't have a nice car or something.

Kris, we had this conversation at Roy's house over the summer. I was expecting it at the new base but was surprised at how I was just another car going through the gate. I scoped it out in a rental before taking it to work. My parking lot has vettes, Porsches, 6 series BMW, and some NATO guy with a Lambo. I noticed in Tampa, people drive their cars like their driving their resumes. Majority of the cars are BMWs and Mercedes seems like.

-Bart

Last edited:

labtec

Viper Owner
Reaction score
USAF, SSgt
81-87 active NCOIC Gator Site, Ground Radio, McGuire AFB, NJ
96-02 reserve, aircraft radar and communications systems

96GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
MSgt, USAF at Dyess air plane patch in Abilene, TX and I know a SSgt on base that has one too.

JoelW

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gosh I feel OLD reading this. US Army active 1970-71, USAR 1971-76, 63B20 track and vehicle wrench turner. Damn that was a long time ago!

OP
OP
K

Kraaken

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great to see how many vets we have... Be sure to find the snakes of service in groups so we can have a consolidated group. It will make it easier for vets to connect. Especially when the moving wall is going around and come vet/memorial day and whatnot.

Zentenk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just wondering, the poeple that drive their vipers on base/post/camp, what kind of attention do you get? Most people are nice, but others are kind of haters. I have had a few that give me dirty looks like I shouldn't have a nice car or something.

I overheard some say that a "rich officer" got a new Viper. When I was really a SrA that picked up a 98 GTS at a decent price. Also, I got drug tested like 3x that month. My roommate got talked down to more than me, he had a 05 GTO and my other roommate an 03 Cobra, they were questioning his luxurious life style...?? Most SFS at the gate would just say nice ride or "please step out we need to take it for a spin." hehe

Red Mist Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great idea.
I’d be interested in Veteran-themed cruises.
Former State Agent, now a Federal Agent—28 years; retirement just around the corner.
My next assignment is DC this spring.

2003 Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
11 year LEO from Washington.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

nate1121

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Virginia Tech Corps of Cadets class of 10
1LT, QM, US Army 2010-pres (Fort Bragg)

No car yet, on the hunt. Glad to see a good mil/leo representation on the forum!

OP
OP
K

Kraaken

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes it is very nice to hear how many there are on here. If we get a large enough response joining the group"snakes of service" we might be able to convince admin to open a tab for us and help encourage more members to join VCA in the long run as well. Be sure to check out the groups section Nd hit join group... It does not cost anything and is mainly for purposes of consolidating Leo and military guys for reference. Can share some stories or inter branch jokes... Also if it wasn said its also for any FD or EMS jobs too

propsail

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Retired Middletown Ct PD Sgt. 27 yrs. Now a mildly successful author.

Craig

Attachments

• viper4.jpg
    viper4.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 51
  • COP TALE FINAL COVER.jpg
    COP TALE FINAL COVER.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
OP
OP
K

Kraaken

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys. Here's an event coming up feb 9th. It's a charity event for cancer. Basically the Sheriffs Office I work for has a program called beat the heat which raises money for multiple charities and does a lot of youth events. Bat the heat program is our race team to represent the SO.
This event is the 1st annual show they are putting on and has a lot goin on as far as sponsors raffles and prizes. Hopefully we can get a decent show up there as it will most likely have some media coverage. Check out the flyer a let me know who thinks they can make it!!

OP
OP
K

Kraaken

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have a LEO ran event comin up if anyone's around.

OP
OP
K

Kraaken

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just received propsails book in the mail... Very good read for anyone interested in the funny stuff you only get to see in law enforcement!!

Herc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Enlisted in the Corps in 79, finish up 1 Apr 13 (LtCol) on the Air Force side (Reserves). A little over 25 yrs driving a different kind of Viper.

Herc

NVMYVPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
US Army just passed 18 years last month, myriad of jobs. Active duty in South Miami enjoying the "winter". The local vets should definitely get together.

OP
OP
K

Kraaken

Enthusiast
Reaction score
US Army just passed 18 years last month, myriad of jobs. Active duty in South Miami enjoying the "winter". The local vets should definitely get together.

What base are you at in Miami? Where is it

latamud

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm a ways out in Tampa and still deploying but I'm in for future gatherings.

Louisiana State police DPS Sergeant. 18 years in Law Enforcement.

NVMYVPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Kraaken I am on recruiting duty in the Kendall area. I was out in Doral last weekend at a Military Appreciation 5k and the local Vette Club Veterans came out. Nice bunch of guys but it had me itching to have the Viper there. Next year for sure.

Craig,

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmagnuss