Seven Gen Vs At Once!

shine

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Word around the campfire was that there were going to be 7 GenVs out here in Central Kentucky on a verification run. Got to catch up with them, say hi to some of the engineers and Dick Winkles, and got some snapshots with the cell phone before leaving them to finish up their data downloads. This was my first time seeing any up close and personal.

Filthy, dirty, **** mules! Loved it!

Enjoy.

You must be registered for see images

VYPR BYT 94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, that had to fun to be there.
A nice variety of flavors too.
Now on a more serious matter, your cell phone sux... get a new one. :lmao:
You won't believe the cameras they have these days.

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why are they running around with oz racing wheels and other wheels? They look horrible!!

ViperGeorge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The SRT engineers have extremely tough jobs. ;) They have to drive around this beautiful country in those dirty Vipers. Terrible that Chrysler makes them do that. I wonder if they have any openings I could apply for. I could be the tag along car wash engineer, as long as they gave me a clean Viper to drive. :D

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The SRT engineers have extremely tough jobs. ;) They have to drive around this beautiful country in those dirty Vipers. Terrible that Chrysler makes them do that. I wonder if they have any openings I could apply for. I could be the tag along car wash engineer, as long as they gave me a clean Viper to drive. :D

The new Pagani, the driver has driven 500,000km in the car http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmDG6Pf4jfI

LOL, what a life.

OP
OP
S

shine

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Now on a more serious matter, your cell phone sux... get a new one. :lmao:
You won't believe the cameras they have these days.

Yeah, yeah. It's just like being a Viper driver. It's not the fault of the hardware... it's the human behind it who fails.

Why are they running around with oz racing wheels and other wheels? They look horrible!!

They were on snow tires, so I'd imagine they just pulled whatever was available out of the storage shed for this run. Didn't want to ding up the nice wheels, when all they were looking for was ice and cold roads.

Stretch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jealous!!!!!! Totally wish I could have been there to see the 7 snakes.

I know for a fact that shine has a nice camera. I do not have any idea why he left it at home :nono:

:D

ViperGeorge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They were on snow tires, so I'd imagine they just pulled whatever was available out of the storage shed for this run. Didn't want to ding up the nice wheels, when all they were looking for was ice and cold roads.

That explains why those tires looked chunky. I was thinking they were the new Pirellis which would have explained the ZR1 comparo.

swexlin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yeah, they need some decent rubber on these winter roads, if they want to push the cars a bit. Love it! Cars are meant to be driven - they'll clean up!

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Hi, shine...THANKS for showing up yesterday to welcome that special Viper caravan. Glenn made it over a little later. Sure wish that more of us could have been there...but, as you know, the notice was short !!

Thanks again for the pics !!

OP
OP
S

shine

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I know for a fact that shine has a nice camera. I do not have any idea why he left it at home

Was out with the family (wife and 3 kids) doing errands, getting dinner, and on the way back home I said, "Oh, hey, those Vipers are probably in town by now. Let's stop and see if they're here yet.." and they were. Had I been thinking before we'd left, I'd have brought out the nice camera and tripod and a good flash. Oh well. My hands were shaking anyway, partly because it was about 20 degree, but partly because I was just excited!

Almost unbelievable. What company, besides SRT, would contact club members to say, "Hey, we're out and about. Stop by and meet us here."

No kidding. Not much notice, but very appreciated! You don't see Chevy's Vette team or Ford's SVT doing this.

Hi, shine...THANKS for showing up yesterday to welcome that special Viper caravan. Glenn made it over a little later. Sure wish that more of us could have been there...but, as you know, the notice was short !!

Thanks again for the pics !!

Steve, thanks for letting me know. With a little more notice, I'd have been glad to take them out to a good restaurant and buy a round for everyone. Sadly, it was a school night and everyone had work to do.

09 Venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Still doing a 'verification' run this late in the production cycle. Should i be happy or concerned i am taking delivery in about a month or so??

Stretch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Was out with the family (wife and 3 kids) doing errands, getting dinner, and on the way back home I said, "Oh, hey, those Vipers are probably in town by now. Let's stop and see if they're here yet.." and they were. Had I been thinking before we'd left, I'd have brought out the nice camera and tripod and a good flash. Oh well. My hands were shaking anyway, partly because it was about 20 degree, but partly because I was just excited!

It's all good just giving you a hard time :2tu:

I'm still bummed that I wasn't close to stop in. Oh well.

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Still doing a 'verification' run this late in the production cycle. Should i be happy or concerned i am taking delivery in about a month or so??
Diagnostic stuff, they can update the computers whenever, which is nice. I am not concerned.

Plus you'd think - at this point - they are doing work / research on the 2014 if there are any changes

chesapeake07

Enthusiast
Reaction score

They could be testing tire grip and ESC components with different tires in snowy/icy conditions. :dunno:

Whatever reason, they look great in real life. I am really digging the Black/Gray GTS.:2tu:

OP
OP
S

shine

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Plus you'd think - at this point - they are doing work / research on the 2014 if there are any changes

I think you nailed it. The JGC SRT-8 was a 2014. I would imagine they're working on upgrades and changes for the '14 model year at this point.

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They could be testing tire grip and ESC components with different tires in snowy/icy conditions. :dunno:

Whatever reason, they look great in real life. I am really digging the Black/Gray GTS.:2tu:

I rather they are testing at LS where they got their ass handed to them instead of testing snow tires! This is crazy! Who's ever gonna put snow tires on a viper?

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I rather they are testing at LS where they got their ass handed to them instead of testing snow tires! This is crazy! Who's ever gonna put snow tires on a viper?

SRT Engineers. The HAVE to test the car in all kinds of conditions. This is what makes the Viper a better car all around. It is tested in EVRY kind of environment. They drive these things year round. :)

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree that cars have to be tested in all conditions but putting on mismatched wheels with the wrong offsets is just plain ....... ! "Come on man" who here is putting snow tires on a viper and driving it in the snow! This is pure nonsense! Shouldn't SRT be answering the loud and clear message the Vette sent instead of ignoring it by distracting us owners by these little PR stunts! I'm just saying...

TrackAire

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The black car with the OZ wheels appears to be using Blizzak winter tires....am I seeing that correctly :dunno:

You don't get to see too many Vipers with snow tires on them :2tu:

Cheers,
George

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
What makes some of you think that the main purpose of this type of test was to enhance snow performance?

I would wager that the tire setup was to enable the vehicles to travel and from the sites required to test the subsystems under various environmemtal conditions.

Hats off to SRT !!!

VENOM V

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree that cars have to be tested in all conditions but putting on mismatched wheels with the wrong offsets is just plain ....... ! "Come on man" who here is putting snow tires on a viper and driving it in the snow! This is pure nonsense! Shouldn't SRT be answering the loud and clear message the Vette sent instead of ignoring it by distracting us owners by these little PR stunts! I'm just saying...

You can't be serious or perhaps you don't understand much about manufacturing (hey, most don't work in this field, so no offense). These engineers are likely doing what all quality manufacturers of complex electro-mechanical products do- testing and fine-tuning their product before it goes out the door. Although it's too late to make changes to hard tooling, SRT can make subtle tweaks to the firmware in the cars that controls everything from sensors to fuel injection and timing to driveability, ABS, traction and stability control. They haven't shipped anything yet, so they have this opportunity. I'm glad they're doing this, it makes it a lot more likely that the final product meets our expectations.

And in case you didn't read the other posts, SRT IS going back to Laguna Seca, likely with a production Gen V rather than a prototype, to turn some laps and see if they can do better. But don't knock them for testing the product off the track as well, which is where most of us will be driving most of the time.

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Like I said before, I agree with testing in all conditions but I just don't understand the purpose of putting on goofy looking wheels (due to wrong offsets) with snow tires?! What's next, off road tires and trail capabilities of the snake?:dunno:

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What makes some of you think that the main purpose of this type of test was to enhance snow performance?

I would wager that the tire setup was to enable the vehicles to travel and from the sites required to test the subsystems under various environmemtal conditions.

Hats off to SRT !!!

Makes sense! This is most likely the case! I can't imagine them doing testing with improper equipment!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave