My first round of mods!

anton28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
While I wait for my new HRE's to arrive I decided to use the down time and get a few things done to my 06 coupe. All work is being done at Valaya racing, a local viper shop here in Northern Cali. I used to do all the work my self but I just don't feel like it anymore:dunno:

Starting out with the following:

1. Penskey 3 way adjustable coil-overs 500/800 springs
2. Naders resevoir brakets-Thanks Tom!
3. 3:73 Gears with a full rear end rebuild to world challenge specs. Custom built by Valaya racing.
4. MGW Short Shifter-Thanks Mark!
5. Aluminum fly wheel-Ordering from Mark on Monday
6. Primary cat removal
7. 19/20 HRE's 798R Flat black with gloss black lips. Nittos on all 4 corners (4-6 weeks to build) :/ i hate waiting.

The car already has roe high-flow cats and roe exhaust.

I decided to hold off on headers because it looks like im going to take the plunge on the Mopar 4th gen heads and intake kit(with a custom cam) at which point i will just run gen 4 manifolds as I my plan to go RSI TT down the road.

Very excited to feel this car after this round of mods is complete. Ive had it now for two months and it really needs the above parts to put some pep in its step :) Coming from a 1K HP GTS Im a bit HP spoiled. :)

Last edited:

DholiRaja209

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Will be waiting for Pics! Can't go wrong with Ted at Valaya, he'll point you to the right direction. He's the only one I trust to work on my cars. Not to mention he doesn't charge viper tax!

OP
OP
A

anton28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Will be waiting for Pics! Can't go wrong with Ted at Valaya, he'll point you to the right direction. He's the only one I trust to work on my cars. Not to mention he doesn't charge viper tax!

Yeah Ted is awesome. Ive know him for about 8 years or so now. Back when I used to love to wrench on my vipers he always let me use his shop. Went racing with the viper team a few times as well. Great group of guys!

OP
OP
A

anton28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How dare you post a thread like this without pictures!! Shame on you!:nono:

-Tim[

I know I'm sorry guys. Most parts are already at the shop. Only thing I haven't ordered was the aluminum flywheel which I will on Monday as mark from woodhouse is out of town until then. I'll have them take progress pics as they move along and will post when I can.

msaba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Funny, just dropped off mine at Valaya this morning. I didn't see any other 06 coupes there.

Curious, though - what flywheel are you getting? Ted was showing me the supposed only ones on the market now (red colored outer rim). He said they've been eating up clutch discs because of poor design. Says some older discontinued ones were better but you can't find them anymore.

OP
OP
A

anton28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Funny, just dropped off mine at Valaya this morning. I didn't see any other 06 coupes there.

Curious, though - what flywheel are you getting? Ted was showing me the supposed only ones on the market now (red colored outer rim). He said they've been eating up clutch discs because of poor design. Says some older discontinued ones were better but you can't find them anymore.

No my car is still in my garage. I just packaged up and sold my HREs to a forum member this past week so the car is on all 4s as i do not have the factory wheels. I was told 4-6 weeks for my new set to arive but i hope its quicker. Im going to get a set of 3rd gen rims from Ted this weekend and bring the car down there this coming week.

Fidanza flywheel is what im getting.

What are you getting done over there?

msaba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A mouse went to town on the wires under the intake manifold. I'm having them patch that up. Also having them catalog all aftermarket parts on the car. The Viper Tech who looked it over before I bought it was useless. So far I've discovered it's got Corsa exhaust, some kind of aluminum flywheel, and I'm fairly certain it's running a 3.55 rear end and aftermarket suspension. You know, little things that any Viper expert wouldn't notice :rolleyes:

The Fidanza flywheel doesn't look like the one Ted showed me. The contact surface on his were segmented into 4 pads, not one continuous circle. Not sure what he was talking about then.

M_viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have Gen4 heads if your intrested..I bought them from Mark J but haven't installed them yet..

OP
OP
A

anton28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A mouse went to town on the wires under the intake manifold. I'm having them patch that up. Also having them catalog all aftermarket parts on the car. The Viper Tech who looked it over before I bought it was useless. So far I've discovered it's got Corsa exhaust, some kind of aluminum flywheel, and I'm fairly certain it's running a 3.55 rear end and aftermarket suspension. You know, little things that any Viper expert wouldn't notice :rolleyes:

The Fidanza flywheel doesn't look like the one Ted showed me. The contact surface on his were segmented into 4 pads, not one continuous circle. Not sure what he was talking about then.

Sounds like a good set of mods you got there!

OP
OP
A

anton28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have Gen4 heads if your intrested..I bought them from Mark J but haven't installed them yet..

I was just going to go with the complete kit so I don't have to piece parts together. What intake were you planning on running?

OP
OP
A

anton28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just bought an oem gen 4 hood from a forum member! Will be shipped out this week.

OP
OP
A

anton28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just got back from the shop and have some pics for you guys below. I did find out that in fact I don't have Roe exhaust as i was led to believe. Its actually factory exhaust with the cross pipe removed. I cant believe how that alone makes the car sound so much better. Even my viper tech was surprised. Nevertheless, he just happen to have a Balenger exhaust system laying around which will now be going on the car :) He is also looking for a Mopar PCM and an ACR splitter which he believes is in the back room. Keeping my finger's crossed!

As you can see from the pics below the rear-end is out, waiting to be completly built with 3:73s. The Penskeys were going in as I was there. The flywheel and shifter will be installed tomorrow. The picture of the 08 hood was right after paint and should be here sometime next week as well as the coil-over canister brackets. The new HREs are still about 4 weeks away. I also had the gas cap painted gloss black which makes it really pop against the flat black finish.

Will update soon.

You must be registered for see images attach

OP
OP
A

anton28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cool project:2tu: Nice color by the way, is it a wrap? and is it hard to keep clean?

Yeah its a wrap. Super easy to keep clean. Windex and a towel LOL. Doesn't scratch or stain. I love the fact that i don't have to worry about my paint at all!

Timnineside

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks great! To be honest I was pretty excited to see an email come in with an update to this thread!!! So the car is a matte wrap and your painting the hood Gloss? Are you going to keep the gloss or wrap matte over that? I remember looking at the add for your car before you bought it and the seller said the car was gloss black under the wrap.

I guess my next question would be when does the SC go on??? :)

-Tim

OP
OP
A

anton28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks great! To be honest I was pretty excited to see an email come in with an update to this thread!!! So the car is a matte wrap and your painting the hood Gloss? Are you going to keep the gloss or wrap matte over that? I remember looking at the add for your car before you bought it and the seller said the car was gloss black under the wrap.

I guess my next question would be when does the SC go on??? :)

-Tim

Yeah the car is gloss black underneath. I'm going with the ACR theme so Im going to remove the wrap from the roof, keep the hood unwrapped and wrap a gloss black stripe going down the bumper to follow the hood-lines down like an ACR. I'm still not sure if I'm going to unwrap the rear of the car, around the hatch and taillight surround or just stop at the roof. I will see as i go along.

Great question! Im still not sure which way im going. NA/SC or TT. If i had a forged motor like my old 99gts, I would have gone TT for sure, balls out but becuase it doesnt im not very excited spending 10k just to get the bottom end ready. Plus having a 900rwhp car in the past i know that i was trully happy with it when it was putting down 650 as it was way more streatable. I that case I can go Heads/cam built or SC. Just haven't made up my mind.....mbcenter has that UGR TT kit for sale...all so tempting

Timnineside

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah the car is gloss black underneath. I'm going with the ACR theme so Im going to remove the wrap from the roof, keep the hood unwrapped and wrap a gloss black stripe going down the bumper to follow the hood-lines down like an ACR. I'm still not sure if I'm going to unwrap the rear of the car, around the hatch and taillight surround or just stop at the roof. I will see as i go along.

Great question! Im still not sure which way im going. NA/SC or TT. If i had a forged motor like my old 99gts, I would have gone TT for sure, balls out but becuase it doesnt im not very excited spending 10k just to get the bottom end ready. Plus having a 900rwhp car in the past i know that i was trully happy with it when it was putting down 650 as it was way more streatable. I that case I can go Heads/cam built or SC. Just haven't made up my mind.....mbcenter has that UGR TT kit for sale...all so tempting

Hahah, sounds like its going to be sweet! I also love that fact that your "mod shop" may have a ACR splitter just laying around! Snag that baby up and get the Vipair rear wing and canards and you will be rollin! I see a lot of guys go mild SC on the gen 3 without a rebuild so that may be the way to go. Im shooting for 600whp out of my Gen 4 NA.

GL, car is coming along great! Those wheels will really set the car off as well.

-Tim

Mamba52

Enthusiast
Reaction score
While I wait for my new HRE's to arrive I decided to use the down time and get a few things done to my 06 coupe. All work is being done at Valaya racing, a local viper shop here in Northern Cali. I used to do all the work my self but I just don't feel like it anymore:dunno:

Starting out with the following:

1. Penskey 3 way adjustable coil-overs 500/800 springs
2. Naders resevoir brakets-Thanks Tom!
3. 3:73 Gears with a full rear end rebuild to world challenge specs. Custom built by Valaya racing.
4. MGW Short Shifter-Thanks Mark!
5. Aluminum fly wheel-Ordering from Mark on Monday
6. Primary cat removal
7. 19/20 HRE's 798R Flat black with gloss black lips. Nittos on all 4 corners (4-6 weeks to build) :/ i hate waiting.

The car already has roe high-flow cats and roe exhaust.

I decided to hold off on headers because it looks like im going to take the plunge on the Mopar 4th gen heads and intake kit(with a custom cam) at which point i will just run gen 4 manifolds as I my plan to go RSI TT down the road.

Very excited to feel this car after this round of mods is complete. Ive had it now for two months and it really needs the above parts to put some pep in its step :) Coming from a 1K HP GTS Im a bit HP spoiled. :)

Very nice!!! I just installed my gears (355) and still waiting for my coil overs (hurry up Steve) love to know your thoughts on the (373) gears. Your going to love the aluminum flywheel.

Timnineside

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very nice!!! I just installed my gears (355) and still waiting for my coil overs (hurry up Steve) love to know your thoughts on the (373) gears. Your going to love the aluminum flywheel.

Pardon my ignorance but how much difference does a aluminum fly wheel really make? Is it really that noticeable? If so how/why?

Mamba52

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cool factor:cool:Less rotating mass and for me im trying to lose weight on my Viper. Anton28 your Viper is going to look sick with a flat/gloss ACR look!!!! Need pics ASAP.

OP
OP
A

anton28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hahah, sounds like its going to be sweet! I also love that fact that your "mod shop" may have a ACR splitter just laying around! Snag that baby up and get the Vipair rear wing and canards and you will be rollin! I see a lot of guys go mild SC on the gen 3 without a rebuild so that may be the way to go. Im shooting for 600whp out of my Gen 4 NA.

GL, car is coming along great! Those wheels will really set the car off as well.

-Tim

Thanks Tim! Just to clarify, Im just going with the ACR paint look. Im not doing the rear wing or the canards. I just love the ACR splitter!

The shop that is working on my car works on a bunch of ACR'S and comp-coups that their clients race. They also act as a pit crew at a lot of these race events so they have a TON of **** laying around.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21