Mecum

wikkid

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thats just having to much money in your pocket. Or your really stupid, and its your Dads money...

MTGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I looked at the car yesterday for about 5 min. Car was super clean. Didn't know the VOI cars were available with an aero package

tbsviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like the aero look on the coupe whether VOI or other. Have seen VOI9 Aero's and they look great. Glad to see Viper price rebounding from low levels.

98intrigue

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ill be there tomorrow! I haven't checked the schedule to see what will be showcased though. Then heading to Rolex after. Tomorrow will be funnnn!

VYPR BYT 94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK, help me out here. I am a nube when it comes to these types of auctions.

If this is scam how does it work?

Sam, you wouldn't believe it...

Some poor guy keeps bidding on a car that makes his heart skip a beat. :rolleyes:
we should launch an investigation

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm sitting here watching Mecum on the DVR and you would think that the entire world revolves around mustangs and corvettes with the absolutely stupid money these cars are bringing. I really believe that Vipers will have their day at these auctions in 10 or more years or so and everyone is going to be sitting their thinking that they should have known. This aero car is an indication of that.

NI-KA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It would be nice to see that happen. Probably not in my lifetime though.

It would be nice to give the car to one of the kids.

98intrigue

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It was a beautiful car. I took a few pictures of it...it was hidden at the end of a row with about 3 other rows of cars a part of the same collection.

Lawrenzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So, what would a 1 of 8 "performance package" VOI9's + it's also an Aero car + factory H spokes with only 1000 miles be worth?

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So for years Vipers have been low balled at all these auctions and everyone whined here. Now they are bringing in great money and could be signaling a change in Viper market for the better. Now the buyers are considered idiots................I just don't get it. Be happy this is happening, and likely these new owners may join the ranks here. It's a great sign and I hope it continues.

I am sure 25 years ago when mint 69 Z-28's started selling for 25 grand at the auctions guys that owned similar cars thought the buyers were fools as well. Who's laughing now? Perfect cars will always bring in much more money than almost perfect cars. Some individuals may believe that a perfect Barrett Jackson car or a Mecum car may have more prominance, especially if they aren't super knowledgeable about a particular car. Let us not forget about the excitement at an auction that can drive a car up in price. Maybe the Viper is the next high interest car, it's not a Vette, and most people still consider this to be an exotic. Really, the only people I know that don't think it's an exotic are people on this forum. Even Vette owners think it is, but won't admit their internal fantasties of owning a Viper. Ask John Q Public average dude what he thinks about the Viper and it's usually big eyeballs when they answer. So maybe John Q Auctiongoer sees what these old Chinese bodied restorations of American muscle cars are going for, has cash burning a hole in his pocket, and realizes he can get his dream car of 10 years ago (Viper), that can out run, out brake, out everything, any car of that era, BAR NONE, including any original AC Cobra, for a fraction of the price! BAM, instant schwing, and the price of that Viper starts climbing.

Last edited:

Roysviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh boy.......now it really looks like I screwed up.....I bought a new 2009 ACR in Jan 09 And then ought a new 2009 AERO COUPE for almost the same money.....i(it was White with blue stripes) So what in the world would the guy have paid for the 600 h.p. AERO? I knew there was something special about these VIPERS......Sure hope the value goes on up for all of us......:headbang::headbang:::beer:

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Aero cars with "Crazy" factory wings and spoilers are desirable... Look at the Superbirds and Charger Daytonas. This particular car was used in some of the TV and email online ads for the auction. A buddy of mine who has a dozen or so vintage muscle cars forwarded the mecum email to me on January 8th. Here is my reply to him regarding the estimate of $85-100k. :rolleyes:

"Yep... I'm on that mailing list too... That's a nice car with the aero but the estimate is still pretty optimistic... I have the itch to add a car and there should be some great deals with new Vipers being delivered starting next month and the C7 Corvette being revealed this Sunday... "

http://www.mecum.com/auctions/lot_d...vra&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=FL0113_F244

You must be registered for see images attach

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62