MY 2014

Policy Limits

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All this talk about model year 2013 and it appears that MY 2014 is only 7 months away from being seen. What color palette do you wanna see? I'd like the return of snake skin green personally. Any others?

As for the convertible component, think we'll see a 1st ever hard top retractable in this model? Lots of brands have gone this route, ie ferrari & mclaren. If a rag top is offerred instead, do you think there will be color options? I've only seen black tops on previous generations with vert. Thoughts?

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am sure a lot of folks are wanting to see SSG come back. I would like to see that color wait a few years. I think a few of the 70's color combos would look good. Plum Crazy, Limelite and even Butterscotch. White Pearl would look nice too.

As far as tops, bring back the RT/10 or a targa top.

Bruce

VENOM V

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Retractable hard tops are the only way I'd personally consider a convertible. Reduced wind noise, increased stiffness, security. That would be sweet. Also like the RT/10 targa idea!

What I really want to see is a world-****** ACR- that's gonna be a big challenge, I hope the SRT guys make it king of the track. If they do that, I could see two Vipers in the garage one day, funds permitting.

BlackSnake99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A retractable hardtop with it's weight and complexity is the antithesis of all that is Viper IMHO. A targa top on the other hand would be bitchin' cool.

madninjaskillz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A retractable hardtop with it's weight and complexity is the antithesis of all that is Viper IMHO. A targa top on the other hand would be bitchin' cool.

exactly this. for those who want a retractable hard top, get a benz. Targa should definitely happen.

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We've already seen the convertible. Top design is very much like gen3/4, soft top.

bcmarly

Enthusiast
Reaction score
According to Ralph MY 2014 will boast 2 new colors: " a **** orange and and finally a wicked cool matte." The GTS dual adjustable shocks will also be recalibrated for a more compliant ride.

SilveRT8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
According to Ralph MY 2014 will boast 2 new colors: " a **** orange and and finally a wicked cool matte." The GTS dual adjustable shocks will also be recalibrated for a more compliant ride.

Why wait for 2014 ? I have a 2013 on order and I want a compliant ride, at least in the street setting.
They better make the change right now, or at least make it a retrofit when the 2014 come out

VYPR BYT 94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd wait a few more years on the ssg so it sells big when it hits again.
Retractable hard top would surprise me but who knows.

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Matte finish, hmm, that could be interesting, if its not a way expensive option.

No hardtop retractable guys, if you want to know 95% what the vert looks like, look at a gen4, same top design, and no ******, it's soft. But it looks awesome IMO.

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Matte is terrible to keep clean though - you can't buff it at all.

You want to go matte, wrap it imo.

but damn, i'd have waited for orange

well, maybe

JAY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i WOULD Love to see this Option for tops ! Best of Both Worlds ,looks of a Hard Top , the Openess of a Vert . :D :2tu:

Attachments

• 170423[1].jpg
    170423[1].jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 87

ACRucrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just looking at the videos of Ralph, Leno and others driving you can see how rough the ride appears.

OP
OP
P

Policy Limits

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well Ralph drove 5,000 miles in it cross country and still stood up str8 with a smile afterwards :) ...As for the vert I'd love to see the return of the targa too. The roadster version of the aventador just surfaced and i love the removeable top piece. But i suspect the rag top...lets hope its not manually retractable like the gen IV though...should come down with the push of a button in 20 seconds max in 2014 one would think...even like the drop the top "on the fly" feature ie mclaren spider.

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well Ralph drove 5,000 miles in it cross country and still stood up str8 with a smile afterwards :) ...As for the vert I'd love to see the return of the targa too. The roadster version of the aventador just surfaced and i love the removeable top piece. But i suspect the rag top...lets hope its not manually retractable like the gen IV though...should come down with the push of a button in 20 seconds max in 2014 one would think...even like the drop the top "on the fly" feature ie mclaren spider.

It's just like the gen4.

emericr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would love a matte color. It is absolutely not hard to keep but actually easier since you cannot polish or wax it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave