TOP GEAR UK Season 19 (2013 SRT VIPER)

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Those wing mirrors on that Pagani will not last 5 minutes in London! I thought the interior dash and insturment cluster was too over the top :(

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Pagani is the most beautiful car being built right now - it is just beautifully done.

I cannot believe it WHOOPED the Ariel Atom around their course - that is just insane.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Beauty is a subjective thing. I thing the Pagani is fugly. And I am not impressed with 0 to 60 in 3.2 seconds at a price of 800,000 pounds.

Policy Limits

Enthusiast
Reaction score
looks like i get to see more of my shadow blue car....1st andretti, then Leno...now Top Gear!! Awesome:2tu:

dragon rider

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That car looks great IMO, but the dash is too much for me. Money can by speed, but big money buys exclusivity and craftsmanship.

jsd512

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hate to say this, but I have never thought Paganis' were beautiful. It really is over-done and pretty damn ugly. I love the guys passion and his pursuit for perfection, but to me the car is over-kill.

Jay M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I didn't care for the exterior of the Pagini, but the interior is a work of art. The fact that it blew the doors off everything else on the Top Gear board proves that you can have both form and function.

I hope they will test the Gen V at some point. The new stig seems to do better with left-hand drive cars than the old stig. Until then, next weeks show featuring the Gen V should be great to see.

~Jay

ACRucrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Zonda R > ALL
I saw one with a nice bow on it when I was in London last month. :omg:
You must be registered for see images
Also on a Top Gear subject
You must be registered for see images

Last edited:

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As much as I love fast cars and car shows in general they just seem to irritate me on that show. I Just can't get into it but love seeing the cars.

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im watching it now in the UK!

So far they have moaned about the rear tail panel gaps, and are saying it must have been designed sideways in a wind tunnel and are moaning about only being allowed to do 55mph in the middle of nowhere! And the Viper just got beat on the Drag strip by a Truck. :(

Looks like they have the candy red press car in the studio! I did not know there was a new Viper in the UK!

So summing up the cars, Clarkson loved the LFA and Aston,

They used the opposite word to Awesome for the Viper :(

Last edited:

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wasn't disappointed in the show, not much real info about the cars, or very entertaining either. A bit of errorby srt to supply a black car

Last edited:

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Interested to see their comments for myself, what was the criticism of the vehicle? The pre-production seats seemed to be a big sticking point reading between the lines on Twitter.

I never know what to think of Clarkson et al and their thoughts on cars. I find the show very bizarre really. At times, they hate cars that have the nannies, but then other times, they love cars like the Pagani - which by all accounts is pretty much at the top of the scale in help for the driver.

bcmarly

Enthusiast
Reaction score
More fall out from the premature release of the 2013 Viper to the press. What a missed opportunity for SRT and one that will take time to recover from. In this case perception and reality are one and the same. What a shame and it really wasn't necessary

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, seems like it was a bad idea to let pre-production models out.

More fall out from the premature release of the 2013 Viper to the press. What a missed opportunity for SRT and one that will take time to recover from. In this case perception and reality are one and the same. What a shame and it really wasn't necessary

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
To be fair they did not talk in detail much about any of the cars, it was more like 'Ive got an LFA, He's got a New Aston and Oh its a Viper. Oh look its got a silly brake light in the rear spoiler that lights up :rolleyes: They then got into their usual sabotaging stuff on each others cars :rolleyes:

ArnarFB

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't forget that Top Gear is more of a sitcom than a reality/educational program. They are there to make people laugh and have fun... and every now and then share honest, down-to-earth, opinions.

bcmarly

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't forget that Top Gear is more of a sitcom than a reality/educational program. They are there to make people laugh and have fun... and every now and then share honest, down-to-earth, opinions.

This is true, but when they like a car the praise is there in colorful, large doses.

ArnarFB

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is true, but when they like a car the praise is there in colorful, large doses.

Very true, but sometimes they also get cars that most people like, even cars that are iconic... yet they make fun of it like its some sort of a joke.

I rarely take them serious, just enjoy the hilarity.

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
To be fair they did not talk in detail much about any of the cars, it was more like 'Ive got an LFA, He's got a New Aston and Oh its a Viper. Oh look its got a silly brake light in the rear spoiler that lights up :rolleyes: They then got into their usual sabotaging stuff on each others cars :rolleyes:
Ah one of those episodes.

Policy Limits

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll play it just to see more images and action shots of "Mystique" even ifthat means leaving the mute button on :)