COTA track record for a Viper

gb66gth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Were there any Vipers at the recent Drivers' Edge track day at COTA?
If so, does anyone have a "best lap" time.
Are there any other Vipers signed up, besides me, for the MVP weekend at COTA this weekend?
I'm looking to see what the "Viper record" stands at, see if I've got a chance to break/set one.

B & R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
First day was wet and second's first half was cool, afternoon was great. 20 turns is alot to learn and you will be read the riot act on not breaking anything at the track. Armco is $1,250 a foot and grass was $250 a square if you screw it up. Even so will be interested in your top speed on the back straight. I drive a converted to ACR from coupe genIV with track brain and exaust mods and at least on Harry's was doing a legit 155 down the back straight. Indicated on speedo was 165 but running 18"ers. Best time was a 2:35.74, not sure I would exactly call it a record never really got a totally clean lap, but I guess Beth and I were the first two Vipers on the track! A very challenging course with numberous +180 degree turns with the apex's around the backside of the turn and multiple numerous apex carousels. Found it helpful to do a two count into the +180 degree turns to keep from turning in early. A full dry weekend will give you alot to digest. A weekend to check off the Bucket list for sure. We will be back at the next available opportunity. Rick the owner of Driver's Edge indicated the ownership hadn't committed to adding anything but races to their business model. They took the Driver's Edge's money after accepting the contract so went forward with our event. Hopefully the HDE market will suit them and we can do a few track events a year there.

I know you will have a great time, I really think it must be the nicest road race facility in the world right now.

Richard

Richard

OP
OP
G

gb66gth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Harry's said I hit 155.3MPH on the back straight, although my shift light on the tach came on at the top of 4th gear, so I'm not really sure of my true top speed since Dodge says the car tops out at 165 at redline in 4th. Either way, it was friggin fast and fun!
My best time was a 2.34.56, on street tires.

I've been fortunate enough to drive some great track (Laguna Seca, Road America, Sebring, all the Texas tracks , and a few others) but COTA really is the finest facility in North America. It was so smooth, not a bump in it, easy as pie on the tires. I guess $400M will do that for ya!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper