Refreshed 2015 Viper?

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have no clue what V10 is talking about. The RAM is all new for 2013, while a MCR, it went way beyond that and has won Motor Trend Truck of the Year, TX Truck of the Year, and NAIAS Truck of the year, with more to come. It absolutely kills GM's new 2014 truck and while Ford is advertising best in class towing of 24,500... Ram is showing 30,000+. The 200 and Avenger are selling in record numbers. The plant is running 3 shifts around the clock. The Challenger is not in the same body class as the Mustang and Camaro, although it does compete there. It HAS a rear seat, is bigger and if you ever travel you would choose the Challenger over any of the other Pony cars. The 300 and Charger were new for 2011 and are selling good. The Charger is the only true sport E-Segment sedan of the big 3. Caliber has not been built since 2012, but Compass & Patriot are selling as fast as they can build them. Chrysler is the number one minivan producer and has been for years.

They just announced record sales of over 18% for last year, where industry average was 11%. While V10 might not have interest in Chrysler's products seems a lot of others do and are buying them.

Associated Press Today...:dunno: I have to say that I'm a little surprised considering that they don't even have a car that competes with the real big sellers like Camry and now Fusion. I know that Jeeps are hot as I just bought one last year along with a bunch of my friends but I never hear anyone looking at their other models beyond the trucks. My kids would probably take a Dart if I dropped one in their laps but they probably don't even know what it is. All said this report is great news:2tu:

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/chrys...-122944589.html;_ylt=A2KJ3CS9jQlRLyoADy7QtDMD

DETROIT (AP) -- Just three years out of bankruptcy, Chrysler posted a $1.7 billion profit in 2012 and said it expects to earn more than $2 billion this year.

Improving U.S. auto sales — and better products at Chrysler — were the big reasons for the vast improvement over 2011's profit of $183 million. Chrysler sold 2.2 million cars and trucks worldwide last year, up 18 percent.

In the U.S., its largest market, Chrysler's sales rose 21 percent. Chrysler saw strong sales of the Chrysler 200 and 300 sedans, the Jeep Grand Cherokee and the Ram pickup. The Fiat 500 also sold well last year.

The results mark another step in Chrysler's remarkable turnaround. The company filed for bankruptcy during the recession in 2009 and needed a $12.5 billion loan from taxpayers to survive. Chrysler has repaid $11.2 billion, but the U.S. Treasury Department says it won't recover the remaining $1.3 billion. The profit In 2011 was Chrysler's first annual profit since 1997.

Revenue increased 20 percent to $65.8 billion.

The No. 3 U.S. automaker expects net income to rise to around $2.2 billion this year on revenue of between $72 billion and $75 billion. It says worldwide vehicle shipments should reach 2.6 million to 2.7 million, up from 2.4 million last year.

Chrysler's report comes a day after Ford Motor Co. — No. 2 in the U.S. — said it expects to see strong results again this year in North America, but warned of widening losses in Europe. General Motors Co. reports 2012 results on Feb. 14.

Chrysler is now majority owned by Italian automaker Fiat SpA. Sergio Marchionne, CEO of both companies, told the company's 63,643 workers in an email that they would get performance bonus payments, although the amounts were not specified.

"The credit for our turnaround is yours," he told the workers, including 43,000 in the U.S. "There can be no more doubt that our comeback is real. Your phenomenal efforts have put us on a road with an endless horizon in front of us."

In slides posted on its website, Chrysler said it plans to roll out several new and updated vehicles this year and beyond:

— A new small crossover SUV this year to replace the aging Jeep Liberty. Updates to the Grand Cherokee large SUV and the Compass small SUV.

— A new Ram commercial van will debut this year, as well as updated heavy-duty Ram pickup.

— An unspecified new Alfa Romeo vehicle for North America this year.

— A new version of the Chrysler 200 midsize sedan, to debut in 2014.

— The previously announced long version of the Fiat 500 mini-car. No more new products until 2015, when the brand gets up to six new models.

Marchionne also said a new minivan is coming in 2015, but it and other new products have been delayed by a lack of money. "We could have moved on the minivan faster if we had unrestricted access to cash," he said. Chrysler says it spent $4 billion on capital expenditures last year, and it plans to hold that about steady in 2013.

He also said he wants Fiat to fully own Chrysler "as soon as I can afford it." Fiat now owns 58.5 percent of Chrysler, with the rest owned by a health care trust for retired union workers. The trust has asked Chrysler to start the process of a public stock offering so it can sell its shares. Chrysler says the process will take eight to nine months.

"I don't see the future of Fiat and Chrysler as being separate, "Marchionne said. "I see them as one entity at some point in time."

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Well, ViperSmith, I would politely suggest you and your wife consider stopping at a Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram, SRT Dealership, as you are really missing out, if you do not consider a new Jeep or Durango while viewing SUVs. Been doing this for 22 years and I have never seen so many crossover sales in my life as on the these two vehicles. I am pretty sure Chrysler Corp. is major pleased with the fact that the new Grand Cherokee is the most awarded SUV ever!!! Since I personally have taken in 3 X5s ( one an M Edition) , numerous Range Rovers, and a slew of Lexus , Mercedes, and other domestics with virtually no complaints, do yourself a favor and check them out. The interior of the Jeep was even voted one of the top 10 interiors by Ward's Automotive.

And , in response to the gentleman who was stating 300s, 200s , Avengers ( sorry the Caliber was discontinued ) are not selling, the truth is their production levels are all up over last years due to demand - some quite heavily. Go drive a new 300 with the Pentastar V6 and 8 speed transmission and marvel at a 31 mpg luxury sedan that offers comfort and style above tons of Imports that won't touch that mileage. Not trying to be rude, but models are selling well, so just setting the record straight is all.

The new Ram 1/2 ton just won Motor Trend, North American International Auto Show, and Texas truck of the year, so it just seems that Chrysler is on a roll. Check out AllPar for some of the views of the new 200 ( whom friends at Chrysler state is even better looking ) , to see that there will be new product out in barely a year. Nuff said, but things are going well and we are seeing an awful lot of new Chrysler buyers ---- nice to see the public perception, as overall it is extremely positive at Dealership, imho.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am sure there are items that SRT engineers wanted to put into the 2013 Viper, but ran out of time to develop. Believe these items will be integrated into the 2014.

Well that sure makes me want to run out and buy a prototype 2013.

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the new 300's drive nice. rented one a few weeks ago

My buddy just gave his 2010 300C to his mother in Florida because a Client gave him a great deal on a 2011 BMW 750l with the twin turbo. He had a 2006 300 with the 6cyl with 180k on it prior to the 300C. Anyway he seems a little disappointed with the BMW I guess mainly because he expected it to be so much better. He told me that the Hemi C actually felt just as quick and the ride is comparable. I like the restyle they did on the 300 too.

VENOM V

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My next SUV will be a 2014+ Grand Cherokee SRT8 with 8-speed auto. 0 to 60 in 3.9 seconds!!!!!!!!!! And luxurious, reliable, supurb handling,...

Or I may opt for a roomier Durango R/T as soon as it gets the 8-speed auto. I hope it will be under 5 seconds 0-60, and at a bargain price.

I'm not loyal to any brand. My girlfriend owns a Suburban, as I have in the past. I currently own a Ford Flex with the turbo 6 and 6-speed auto. 0 to 60 in low-6 second range, and a nice daily driver.

But when my lease expires on the Flex, I'm going with a Chrysler product, because I think they are just what I'm looking for.

I really think Chrysler makes what I want in an SUV- wicked quick with no compromises.

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hear that Chrysler has a roomier Jeep Grand Wagoneer due out pretty soon.

My next SUV will either be a 2014 Grand Cherokee SRT8 with 8-speed auto. 0 to 60 in 3.9 seconds!!!!!!!!!! And luxurious, reliable, supurb handling,...

Or I may opt for a roomier Durango R/T as soon as it gets the 8-speed auto. I would think it will be in the mid-4 second 0-60 range, and at a bargain price.

I'm not loyal to any brand. My girlfriend owns a Suburban, as I have in the past. I currently own a Ford Flex with the turbo 6 and 6-speed auto. 0 to 60 in low-6 second range, and a nice daily driver.

But when my lease expires on the Flex, I'm going with a Chrysler product, because I think they are just what I'm looking for.

I really think Chrysler makes what I want in an SUV- wicked quick with no compromises.

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, ViperSmith, I would politely suggest you and your wife consider stopping at a Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram, SRT Dealership, as you are really missing out, if you do not consider a new Jeep or Durango while viewing SUVs. Been doing this for 22 years and I have never seen so many crossover sales in my life as on the these two vehicles. I am pretty sure Chrysler Corp. is major pleased with the fact that the new Grand Cherokee is the most awarded SUV ever!!! Since I personally have taken in 3 X5s ( one an M Edition) , numerous Range Rovers, and a slew of Lexus , Mercedes, and other domestics with virtually no complaints, do yourself a favor and check them out. The interior of the Jeep was even voted one of the top 10 interiors by Ward's Automotive.

And , in response to the gentleman who was stating 300s, 200s , Avengers ( sorry the Caliber was discontinued ) are not selling, the truth is their production levels are all up over last years due to demand - some quite heavily. Go drive a new 300 with the Pentastar V6 and 8 speed transmission and marvel at a 31 mpg luxury sedan that offers comfort and style above tons of Imports that won't touch that mileage. Not trying to be rude, but models are selling well, so just setting the record straight is all.

The new Ram 1/2 ton just won Motor Trend, North American International Auto Show, and Texas truck of the year, so it just seems that Chrysler is on a roll. Check out AllPar for some of the views of the new 200 ( whom friends at Chrysler state is even better looking ) , to see that there will be new product out in barely a year. Nuff said, but things are going well and we are seeing an awful lot of new Chrysler buyers ---- nice to see the public perception, as overall it is extremely positive at Dealership, imho.

That's interesting, Bill, thnx. I've had 4 jeeps, grand Cherokees, took them all well over 80k mis, one warranty fix once, pretty good track record. Funny, I have literally just this past week looked at the new Ram, as I may swap out my MarkLT this yr as its now 6 yrs old. I rented a 200 twice and both were a bit rough, got a Durango I think, didn't like that either. But that darn SRT Jeep, does take some control to keep from splurging on that thing, if you're in the price range of that model I don't know why you'd pick anything else.

Policy Limits

Enthusiast
Reaction score
VENOMV...gotta tell ya...we really do have similar taste in vehicles!! the 2014 SRT Jeep Grand Cherokee has outstanding aggressive styling IMO and the anticipated performance is nuts for an SUV!! What's better is that the Maserati SUV will be based upon/built on the very same platform, likely an inferior looking, sounding and performing vehicle for what is expected to be double the price point.

Seems like you & me are gonna have well rounded SRT garages pretty soon. and this from a guy who went euro & hasnt purchased american in many years....four to be exact.:omg:

Policy Limits

Enthusiast
Reaction score
and BTW the laguna sepia or black interior in the new Jeep is only 1500 bucks (compared to 7500 in the Viper) and its supposedly very fine swedish & italian leather product and Maserati inspired wrapping job.msrp in the 60's and its 0-60 only a 1/2 second shy of gen V Viper speed=WIN

mnc2886

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bet we will get an ACR for the 2014.5 range with a vert short to follow. Ralph did say the ACR would be before the vert...

BLUEVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I, personally, am waiting for the convertible to arrive. Living in Florida, that is the only car for me (and the only Vipers I have owned..and drove today..sorry to the folks in the cold). What this means is that two years out I can only expect a better Viper maybe even an ACR!!

Mopar488

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was given a Chrysler 300 rental car on a recent trip. I was shocked how fast it was. I was thinking while I had it that surely a rental car would not have a Hemi in it. When I got back to the hotel that night, I popped the hood and it was the new 3.6 pentastar v6. Made me wonder why you would need a Hemi in it. Nice car.

VENOM V

Enthusiast
Reaction score
VENOMV...gotta tell ya...we really do have similar taste in vehicles!! the 2014 SRT Jeep Grand Cherokee has outstanding aggressive styling IMO and the anticipated performance is nuts for an SUV!! What's better is that the Maserati SUV will be based upon/built on the very same platform, likely an inferior looking, sounding and performing vehicle for what is expected to be double the price point.

Seems like you & me are gonna have well rounded SRT garages pretty soon. and this from a guy who went euro & hasnt purchased american in many years....four to be exact.:omg:

Amen, brother. It really is shocking how far Chrysler quality has come. My '08 Challenger SRT8 was absolutely flawless. Rattle-free, everything worked well, and I got one of the first. A friend of mine owns a Grand Cherokee, it's a well engineered, comfortable machine. My only complaint for both of them was the old, lazy transmissions. Glad the 8-speed's finally being phased in to the SUVs. Sadly, Challengers won't get them for some time.

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Personal Experience - daily drivers in the last 20 years

Mercedes ML - junk
Lexus LX - no tow capacity
Nissan Armada - absolute junk
GM Envoy - close to the Armada
Toyota 4Runner - plain jane
2011 and 2013 Grand Cherokee - none of the above are in the same class

Alabaster Mamba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree 100% with Bill Pemberton about the Durango. I freaking love my Citadel. My wife will soon be getting rid of her BMW suv in the very near future to get her a Durango as well. If you haven't stopped by to see how well the fit and finish is on them, you are totally missing out. It is the first vehicle that my wife and I can actually have a conversation in while driving. While that may not always be the best thing, lol, it does attest to the fact about how solid and well built the Durango is. I might add that I am hard of hearing. I personally love everything about the Durango. If you are wanting 3rd row seating, definitely look at the Durango. I originally went to the dealership to buy a JGC Overland Edition and decided to look at the 3rd row seating option.

Listed below are some of the awards it has received.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news...ngo-receives-motorweek-drivers-choi/?page=all

http://www.iseecars.com/cars/least-expensive-4-door-large-suvs-2012

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...list-of-best-in-class-features-136747833.html

http://www.popularmechanics.com/car...s-for-2012-***-auto-excellence-awards#slide-1

http://www.dodge.com/en/2012/durango/safety_security/protection/
It was an award winner in 2011 and 2012

In closing, this vehicle continues to impress me.

swexlin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I just bought a new Dart 1.4L Turbo/6-speed for my daily driver. GREAT car, love it. Gotta wind 'er up a bit, but she moves.

I have stalled her a couple times though....I'm used to the off-idle torque of my Viper!!

PS: I have owned many Chrysler products over the years, including 3 trucks (96 1500 360, 97 2500 V10, and 2004 3500 Cummins), a Wranger, a Neon, and my current stable of the Dart, 2007 SRT8 Charger, and the 2003 Viper.

Of all those cars, the SRT8 is my favorite overall. The 6.1 is a fantastic engine, and the car is fast and comfortable. All the vehicles, while they have had the minor known issues for each one, have been overall reliable and trouble-free (knock wood!)

Last edited:

V10lover

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hopefully a new motor with more power and better designed (DOHC) so I can be in the market for a viper again. They need to stop this pushrod INSANITY once and for all. We are in 2013, Growing cubic inches IS NOT the solution and survival of the viper.

Oh, and the DOHC fits under the hood. of the viper, We all know it DOES but, it needs the EFFORT of wanting to do the right living old school guys behind.
Please, SRT discontinue the HEMI. That old iron block engine has to go. OLD design.. DOHC on ALL your line up, please. STOP the insanity!!!!

I found replacement multivalve heads for the C6 vette that give an extra 100 HP or so to the ls3 by just replacing the 2vl for the 4vl heads. Imagine that with a viper!

bushido

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hopefully a new motor with more power and better designed (DOHC) so I can be in the market for a viper again. They need to stop this pushrod INSANITY once and for all. We are in 2013, Growing cubic inches IS NOT the solution and survival of the viper.

Oh, and the DOHC fits under the hood. of the viper, We all know it DOES but, it needs the EFFORT of wanting to do the right living old school guys behind.
Please, SRT discontinue the HEMI. That old iron block engine has to go. OLD design.. DOHC on ALL your line up, please. STOP the insanity!!!!

I found replacement multivalve heads for the C6 vette that give an extra 100 HP or so to the ls3 by just replacing the 2vl for the 4vl heads. Imagine that with a viper!

There's nothing wrong with pushrod engine. Here's some good stuff on the new LT1..

A key to engine building is how many ponies you can pump out per pound, and that is exactly why Chevy went to such great length to minimize the engine’s weight. In fact, this 6.2-liter engine weighs just 465 lbs and is 25.3 inches tall. To put that into perspective, the ultra-powerful BMW 4.4-liter V-8 is mammoth when compared to the LT1, measuring 29.6 inches tall and weighing 503 lbs. To boot, the 4.4-liter powerplant falls 50 horsepower short of GM’s new LT1 engine. This gives the LT1 6.2-liter a 1.033-pound-per-horsepower to 1.257-pound-per-horsepower victory over the fame Bimmer engine.

With the power increase and weight savings, GM expects the 2014 Corvette to post up a sub-4-second 0-to-60 time.

Oh yeah, and this is just the base engine. Chevy hasn’t even mentioned anything about what will power the Z06 `Vettes of the C7 generation.

http://www.topspeed.com/cars/car-ne...1-v8-engine-for-the-c7-corvette-ar136830.html

BlackSnake99

Enthusiast
Reaction score

troublemaker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Check out the Durango R/T HEMI . . . .

We picked up one of these last year. I do not have one complaint with it so far. It's not fast but moves pretty good for what it is. It sounds better than my GTS, is great in foul weather and actually gets decent mileage on the highway. I can fit two Boosters and a Baby seat in the second row and fold the third row which gives it a lot of room for hauling kid crap.

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
DOHC everything? LOL You call yourself V10 Lover; that is funny right there. The 6.4L Hemi is a great engine. Stroke it out just a little more, to 426 cid which they have done in some circles and add the new TVS blower, whch they have also done in some circles and you get 600hp and near 600 lbs torque. The grin on your face will overpower your momentory lapse in judgement on caving to the just have the latest trends for the latest sake.

Yes DOHC can produce good power, etc, I am not saying they can't, but DOHC is not the answer to everything.

New Jeep SRT8 is interesting. Now with the new 8-sd tranny, finish it with a screw-blower on top (600 hp) and replace the old horizontal bars Jeep grill with a nice stylish openning and it will have me trading in my 95k mile Cayenne Turbo S as well as erase my horibble 2007 Jeep SRT experience. Being a SRT Grand Cherokee now not a SRT Jeep Grand Cherokee, there is absolutely no reason to keep that old grill. It is really out of place on on that great new design.

BlackSnake99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
DOHC everything? LOL You call yourself V10 Lover; that is funny right there. The 6.4L Hemi is a great engine. Stroke it out just a little more, to 426 cid which they have done in some circles and add the new TVS blower, whch they have also done in some circles and you get 600hp and near 600 lbs torque. The grin on your face will overpower your momentory lapse in judgement on caving to the just have the latest trends for the latest sake.

Yes DOHC can produce good power, etc, I am not saying they can't, but DOHC is not the answer to everything.

New Jeep SRT8 is interesting. Now with the new 8-sd tranny, finish it with a screw-blower on top (600 hp) and replace the old horizontal bars Jeep grill with a nice stylish openning and it will have me trading in my 95k mile Cayenne Turbo S as well as erase my horibble 2007 Jeep SRT experience. Being a SRT Grand Cherokee now not a SRT Jeep Grand Cherokee, there is absolutely no reason to keep that old grill. It is really out of place on on that great new design.

The seven slot grille is as iconic to Jeep as the V-10 is to the Viper. Perhaps more so as it dates back to 1942.

<--- More of a Jeep purist than a Viper purist..... and that says a lot.

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
LIke others have stated, there are always model year changes and improvements on cars and the Viper is no exception. I also have a new car on order a Blue Dodge Charger Daytona which is currently being built.

Go Mopar
Bruce

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I fully realize the seven slot grill is a Jeep trait, I have owned over 14 in my life, including an older 70's J20 truck as my oldest one. My point is it is not a SRT Jeep it is just an SRT now. The design of the new SRT GC, the grill does not flow with the rest of the design. Looking over the rest of the vehicle, it is out of place for that new design. Since it is an SRT GC, it does not have live up to over 80 years of off road heritage and classic Jeep design. If it did, it would have big round headlights too and it doesn't. So the design is already a mis-match.

BlackSnake99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I fully realize the seven slot grill is a Jeep trait, I have owned over 14 in my life, including an older 70's J20 truck as my oldest one. My point is it is not a SRT Jeep it is just an SRT now. The design of the new SRT GC, the grill does not flow with the rest of the design. Looking over the rest of the vehicle, it is out of place for that new design. Sine it is an SRT GC, it does not have live up to over 80 years of off road heritage.

I keep forgetting about the whole SRT rebranding. As long as it's an SRT not a Jeep they can put any grille they want on it. The unpainted crosshairs seem to be a big hit.:)

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The SRT GC is not an SRT brand vehicle. It is a Jeep vehicle with SRT performance enhancements. Likewise, the Challenger, Chrysler 300 and Charger SRT8s are not SRT brand vehicles. They are Dodge and Chrysler vehicles with SRT pereformance enhancements. Based on the recently released five year plan, it looks like the next pure SRT brand vehicle to come will be in the 2016 model year.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth