Motor Trend discusses controversy

elanderholm

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pirelli has tires that are as fast or faster then the cup tires. The corsa is much better in the rain. It's a better street tire. The trofeos are their cup tire competitors. They just aren't available in viper sizes yet.

Caddylac10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unfortunately, nothing can be changed overnight, even something as simple as tires.

Think of it this way, the tire issue is like a family arranged marriage that you had no choice in. You were made to marry an interesting Italian girl and 3 months into the marriage you find out she's just not "performing" like what you're use to. At this point you realize you should have stayed faithful to and married your French girlfriend you were with for the last 10 years or so. You can divorce your new Italian bride, but that will probably cause the family to have a terrible fight and is always an expensive situation.

Now, if your Italian bride has a hot younger sister that "performs" like the old French girlfriend and she doesn't mind sharing you with her,.....then maybe the arrangement can work out :smirk:

The car business really is no different than life.

Welcome to the forum,

George

Thanks George. You're right, supplier and contract issues obviously come into play, but my point was that tires and brakes are bolt on pieces of hardware that would immediately affect the performance of the car with a little tuning. Assuming SRT had those pieces, they could be installed and testing right away.

Out of fairness to the Viper, I'm sure another year of track tuning will make noticeable differences in lap times. It will become a better car throughout its cycle. I just hope it gets the rubber and brakes that it deserves soon. The Viper has such a capable chassis and motor that anything less than top notch supporting components like tires and brakes get exposed when you put down that kind of power.

chorps

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unfortunately, nothing can be changed overnight, even something as simple as tires.

Think of it this way, the tire issue is like a family arranged marriage that you had no choice in. You were made to marry an interesting Italian girl and 3 months into the marriage you find out she's just not "performing" like what you're use to. At this point you realize you should have stayed faithful to and married your French girlfriend you were with for the last 10 years or so. You can divorce your new Italian bride, but that will probably cause the family to have a terrible fight and is always an expensive situation.

Now, if your Italian bride has a hot younger sister that "performs" like the old French girlfriend and she doesn't mind sharing you with her,.....then maybe the arrangement can work out :smirk:

The car business really is no different than life.

Welcome to the forum,

George

Italian bride:
You must be registered for see images attach

French girlfriend:
You must be registered for see images

Now, uh, I forgot what you were talking about. :)

TrackAire

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Italian bride:
You must be registered for see images attach

French girlfriend:
You must be registered for see images

Now, uh, I forgot what you were talking about. :)

And that's why so many of us have a set of street tires and a set of track tires!! :lmao:

Cheers,
George

TrackAire

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You LUCKY dogs ! I think I have Runcraps.
I know I should'nt compare, as I just got MARRIED !!!!!!

Well, look at it this way....shade in the summer, warmth in the winter ;)

Always look at the upside, congrats on your nuptials! :omg:

You guys are too funny.

Cheers,
George

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Liberty235