SRT needs to get the ACR out quick...

mnc2886

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ferrari has set their sights on this record. With what this car could potentially be, the Viper may not have the ability to hang...

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...gaTJQmxwo4JNbPTuH09FGVA&bvm=bv.41867550,d.b2U

I am honestly more excited about seeing what the ACR will look like. I like the looks of the Gen IV, but I love the aggressive looks of a Gen IV ACR. Consequently, I like the looks of the Gen V, but if the ACR can resemble the GTS-R I would do everything in my power to have one (even though I'm doing that already). However, with the F70/F150 (whatever it turns out to be) coming out and the McLaren P1, I think the Ring record will rest in the hands of million dollar cars.

Makara

Viper Owner
Reaction score
From what I am hearing about that car, I'm not sure we will see the viper hold it's record long, or regain it soon. I want to see what the new Pagani and Maclaeren run as well. The Mac may put up a good fight against that ferrari.

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I doubt Fiat will allow that to happen, plus - it is going to be hard for anyone to be countering these purpose built $1m+ "hypercars." The technology is just - insane.

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jesus that thing is ugly! Even if it is just a photoshop! What is it with cars these days? The Zonda, beautiful, the Enzo, a car designed to cut through the air like a knife.

The new 'WhyRuh' (because like Django, the 'H' in Hyuara is silent) is so goofy looking I don't get how anyone spends anywhere near $1M for that thing. All Ferrari has done in the last few years is model their cars after the rarest, ugliest looking fish you can find. Such a disappointment and they wonder why 458's keep crashing at LeMans.

--RS

elanderholm

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If Ferrari and mclaren go hard for the record they acr will have no chance. Both cars will probably be under 2800 lbs with near 1000 HP levels and loads of down force. It was fun while it lasted. The acr will have its hands full with the pagani. Even that may prove to be too much.

Policy Limits

Enthusiast
Reaction score
check youtube. there's a 2 minute video of a gen V ACR performing on a track. It is white with black center/thin red stripe and big ass wing. Looks & Sounds Incredible!! You wont be disappointed. Someone uploaded it on here but I forgot which thread

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
check youtube. there's a 2 minute video of a gen V ACR performing on a track. It is white with black center/thin red stripe and big ass wing. Looks & Sounds Incredible!! You wont be disappointed. Someone uploaded it on here but I forgot which thread

Wasnt it a video game? Forza 4 I believe. Not real life

jsd512

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If Ferrari and mclaren go hard for the record they acr will have no chance. Both cars will probably be under 2800 lbs with near 1000 HP levels and loads of down force. It was fun while it lasted. The acr will have its hands full with the pagani. Even that may prove to be too much.

You would hope an $800K car would beat an old ACR, built by a company with the worst quality perception among auto makers, lol.

elanderholm

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You would hope an $800K car would beat an old ACR, built by a company with the worst quality perception among auto makers, lol.
I agree but they didn't used to make anything faster or they didn't care that much. It seems Ferrari and mclaren care a lot more this time.

bcmarly

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree but they didn't used to make anything faster or they didn't care that much. It seems Ferrari and mclaren care a lot more this time.

McLaren and Ferrari have been fierce rivals in F1 for years and with McLaren back to building road cars the rivalry just got a lot more intense. These two do not like each other at all, but I expect this animosity to produce great results.

Last edited:

madninjaskillz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
From what I am hearing about that car, I'm not sure we will see the viper hold it's record long, or regain it soon. I want to see what the new Pagani and Maclaeren run as well. The Mac may put up a good fight against that ferrari.

The Mac P1 is going to be the real deal. Can't wait to see it in action. A lot of people don't like the way it looks, but I do.

kdaviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Depends on which image you're talking about: The following is an official teaser pic from our Italian brothers:{)
You must be registered for see images

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You guys got to be kidding, the days of a dodge or corvette owning the ring records are over! There's no comparison of the new hyper exotics coming out and the current bread of sports cars!

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Think the plan for ACR is not to react to other cars coming into the marketplace, but to observe the initial group of Gen V cars, and how they do in the hands of the new owners. In addition they will be gaining feedback from the development of their racing Vipers. They will scour forums to see what the owners comments are, and see what the aftermarket comes up with.

They will work with their wind tunnel, check with their suppliers, see where they can take weight out, and put performance in.

Check to see what additional safety they can design into the cars,

They will see what new Federal regulations are on the horizon, and then...

Will develop another hero car that dominates on the world's road courses.

This stuff all takes time, money, focus, drive, determination, support from management and most of all, a demand from the marketplace.

I Bin Therbefor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Go down to the VCA trip to LeMans thread and look at the GTS-R show car pictures. For me, that's the ACR. Add proper street clearence and some goodies to reduce weight and increase hp. Tires and brakes need to be addressed also. All this needs to be done very quietly so the Ferrari guys don't go whining to the FIAT boss about what Team Viper is doing. :2tu:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper